Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 01:33 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,246,732 times

Advertisements

and report whether or not their opinion of Barack Obama has changed now that Osama is dead.

I'm curious, any journalist site plan on doing this? i'm be interested in watching the video.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 01:35 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
and report whether or not their opinion of Barack Obama has changed now that Osama is dead.

I'm curious, any journalist site plan on doing this? i'm be interested in watching the video.
It's the South. Take it for what it is.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:16 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,864,851 times
Bizarre post. Not everyone in those "extremely red" states shares the same opinion of Obama to begin with. And "extremely red" is a misnomer. There is no such thing. The partisan issue is better examined from a county-level perspective, and when such an examination happens, the glaring rule is that rural areas tend to vote more conservatively, and urban areas tend to vote more progressively. This is especially true of national elections. Many of those so-called "red" states have had very healthy Democratic parties, and have had Democratic delegations to Congress for decades.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:56 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,844,907 times
I was not going to respond until I saw the reply from DC.....I live in NC which, FYI, went ***BLUE***last election......

Next month I will move to SC. In both of these states, the urban areas do typically vote blue and the red conservative votes come from less urban areas, as already stated.

AND, in typically blue states, there are those that vote RED...

so what is your question again???

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Bizarre post. Not everyone in those "extremely red" states shares the same opinion of Obama to begin with. And "extremely red" is a misnomer. There is no such thing. The partisan issue is better examined from a county-level perspective, and when such an examination happens, the glaring rule is that rural areas tend to vote more conservatively, and urban areas tend to vote more progressively. This is especially true of national elections. Many of those so-called "red" states have had very healthy Democratic parties, and have had Democratic delegations to Congress for decades.

Old 05-02-2011, 02:59 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,279,111 times
Quote:

Why, he continued the Bush doctrine? Anything else would have been irresponsible.
$5 gas, super high unemployment, 50% increase in the national debt with all the stimulous going to government employees who gave him $400,000,000 for his election.
What would change minds again?

Old 05-02-2011, 03:16 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,761,029 times
Quote:

The OP is ignorance and nothing else. Too bad that you showed your ignorance.

Old 05-02-2011, 03:25 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,479,539 times
Quote:

I can report to you from GA--some support Obama and others will never.
We have a county that has chosen to fly the Confederate flag over the courthouse--the rationale given--'The NAACP will sue us if we do it and the Veterans of the Confederacy will sue if we don't.'

If you want to try to talk to them--feel free. I've lived here for a long, long time--I cast a vote on election day. Senseless to debate. 'Take it to the court'--that is what goes on down here.

Old 05-02-2011, 03:26 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:

Why would it change? What makes you think all Southerns are one way or the other? What happened yesterday is something for everyone to cheer about except for Bin's family. I give the administration credit, but I also give our men and women in the military credit and yes, Bush. If you think this just happened to take place without years of planning and contacts you are nuts. This is like saying, if it hadn't been for Reagan those being held in Iran would never had been released. It happened the day he officially took office, we were all delighted and on cloud nine that day, but it was months in the planning.

Nita

Old 05-02-2011, 03:28 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,807,106 times
It's not just the deep south, the radical right nationwide still unbelievably (or not) hate Obama and are continuing to bash him even after this massive victory for america and humanity. These people will never approve of anything someone without an (R) next to their name does, let alone a black man.

Old 05-02-2011, 03:30 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,246,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
C'mon, you know what I mean. The red areas, the tea party areas, you know the places shown on youtube where people saying racist things about Obama? Yeah those places, I wonder if their opinion has changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies