Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 04:10 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,446,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post

. . .with our economy in collapse and gross government fiscal mismanagement preventing any hope of recovery. . .

After the way the Republicans and George W. Bush decimated this country's economy, I cannot believe you actually said that with a straight face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2011, 05:01 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,842,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well, it IS all about him. It was all "I","I","I" in the announcement of OBL's death.

RealClearPolitics - Video - Father Of 9/11 Victim: Obama "Putting Too Much Spotlight On Himself"

Of course. Both obama and his machine and his media lapdogs are desperate to turn the tide on his rotten job performance.

They will do anything to prop him up and protect him.

He loves to preen and prance about, patting himself on the back. His minions care about one thing - optics and image and tamping down any criticism or dissent in the media.

YouTube - President Obama Discusses Death of Osama bin Laden Before Congressional Bipartisan Dinner

It's all about Obama. Did you count the number of "I's"? The man has no shame.

"I" just want to welcome everybody to the White House."
"I" thought it would be a good opportunity for leaders of both parties and their spouses to spend some time together outside of politics."
"I" think we've experienced the same sense of unity that prevailed on 9/11."
"I" want to again recognize the heroes that carried out this incredibly dangerous mission as well as all the military and counter-terrorism professionals who made the mission possible."

It's really too much to list, but as you can obviously can see, the message is all about Obama.

I mean, look how many times he says the word, "I". He should start replacing it with "you." That would be a lot better.

Old 05-05-2011, 05:09 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,137,985 times
And if the mission had failed, every one of you loons would be heaping criticism upon him and holding him personally responsible for it.

Don't **** down my back and tell me it's raining.

Old 05-05-2011, 05:09 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,458,165 times
Quote:
Well, it IS all about him. It was all "I","I","I" in the announcement of OBL's death.

RealClearPolitics - Video - Father Of 9/11 Victim: Obama "Putting Too Much Spotlight On Himself"

Of course. Both obama and his machine and his media lapdogs are desperate to turn the tide on his rotten job performance.

They will do anything to prop him up and protect him.

He loves to preen and prance about, patting himself on the back. His minions care about one thing - optics and image and tamping down any criticism or dissent in the media.

I just got thru in a post. About a stunch democrat i know. Who truly believes this whole operation was a farce. He made my head hurt. He truly believes that Osama is not dead, And that this whole fiasco is about getting Obama elected again. He has been in the military and says this whole operation smells like a rat. He truly believes Osama is still alive, and part of a plan, i know it sounds crazy, but he says spotlight will be on Obama, and don't be a bit surprise if Osama is still alive. Nuts maybe but he is very rationale and intellignet. He is a democrat, but something is bothering him about this whole operation.
I was giving props to the PRESIDENT and he said to me i am falling in the trap of all others! To tell you the truth, he believes this is all a diversion of what i truly don't know.

Old 05-05-2011, 05:13 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,975,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Must be the lone dissenter, from what I have heard, most families of 9/11 are thankful towards Obama for issuing the order to kill Osama. many have given Obama high marks for his visit to ground zero and the fire station that was hit hard by deaths on 9/11.
Really? Obama turned his back on this woman;

RealClearPolitics - Video - Burlingame After Meeting With Obama: He Turned His Back On Me

Burlingame After Meeting With Obama: He Turned His Back On Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Pathetic.

I see the RWNJ's are getting more desperate as the days go by and Obama's approval goes up.
What - to 51%?

Just give it a couple days for what he is doing to sink in, for all the initially stories they've had to walk back, for clamming up and refusing to provide proof to the world.

Another 9/11 Family;

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/nat...,4037272.story

Quote:
As 50 carefully selected families prepare to join President Barack Obama for a ceremony at the World Trade Center site Thursday, one of the invited 9/11 families have decided to pass on the Commander-in-chief's visit.

"If this form letter was the invitation, it was kinda lame," John Vigiano told PIX 11 News when describing the email invitation sent to him from the White House.
Carefully selected, so as not to embarrass the president with silly questions.

Quote:
"[But] to me its just going to be a photo op."
And that's really all it is. An opportunity for the opportunist in chief to get a photo op.

Last edited by sanrene; 05-05-2011 at 05:24 PM..

Old 05-05-2011, 05:15 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,203,310 times
Quote:
Really? Obama turned his back on this woman<snip>
Can't blame him, she's a friggin' wingnut...

Old 05-05-2011, 05:15 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,975,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post

After the way the Republicans and George W. Bush decimated this country's economy, I cannot believe you actually said that with a straight face.
After obama and the dems ran up $4 Trillion in 4 years? You bet.

Old 05-05-2011, 05:17 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,137,985 times
Quote:
Really? Obama turned his back on this woman;

RealClearPolitics - Video - Burlingame After Meeting With Obama: He Turned His Back On Me

Burlingame After Meeting With Obama: He Turned His Back On Me

What - to 51%?

Just give it a couple days for what he is doing to sink in, for all the initially stories they've had to walk back, for clamming up and refusing to provide proof to the world.

Here's what history will remember:

Obama got Osama.

There's nothing you can do about it. Suck it up.

Old 05-05-2011, 05:21 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,400,360 times
I don't understand why he didn't dress up as a Navy seal and have a Black-hawk helicopter drop him off at ground zero with a huge "Mission Accomplished" banner in the background. OK, that would of been gaudy and tacky, and who would do that.

Old 05-05-2011, 05:28 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,458,165 times
What is happening with this economy, jobs, housing, businesses, high gas prices, etc, etc, etc, cannot believe we are keeping still and letting Obama have a free pass at this crappy economy.

Oh my thought he would be one not to spend, remember those words, i do, have the tape of him saying he would not spend. I have so many good democrat friends, that inspite of what recently happened, don't trust him, and do not believe that Osama was killed, won't change their mind, this is how they feel. Spotlight off of our economic problems, they told me diversion.
A picture means a thousand words, without a picture, anything is possible. So many of you on here say how much you don't believe our Government, would you not want to see this picture, too many people i know of don't believe that Osama was killed. Their rationale people don't do drugs, and are serious and democrats. What is going on, even a couple doubters is not good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies