Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should there be created the independent state of Palestine?
Yes, they deserve to have their own country 82 71.93%
No, this land belongs to Israel 32 28.07%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 11:17 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post
Funny how the muslim fascists always deny the jewish historical claim to israel, but then extol their own claims to lands they've spent 1,400 years stealing from cultures and civilizations they've destroyed across Africa and Asia.
I don't care about fascists whether they be Jewish or Muslim....or any other religion for that matter.

But this nonsense that land was "given" to some group thousands of years ago is a stupid ass thing to base present foreign policy on. I mean...please. I have no problem with Israel's existence whatsoever. I'm glad that they have a homeland. But this nonsense about Arabs just being complete nobodys as it relates to Palestine and present day Israel is complete horse dung.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 11:18 AM

1,123 posts, read 776,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Don't have an answer to the question so you get pissy, eh? IF, as many claim, the holocaust gioves Israel the 'right' to exist, why shouldn't Germany play more of a part in assuring that existence? Got anything besides whiny, asinine name calling?
And what would you suggest, in your vast experience and knowledge on international affairs and the history of the middle east , that germany do EXACTLY?

Should they roll the german army in and kill everyone? Come up with something rational and thoughtful, if you are able to. Propose something.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:19 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Responses this stupid are going to land you in a lot of people's Ignore box.
Stupid? PI$$ OFF! Once again I ask, WHERE is the so-called Jewish devotion to the homeland? Just because you have no anwser you resort to pissy BS. I can hardly wait for your asinine, inane, baseless cries of Jew-hater!

Old 05-11-2011, 11:20 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,191,559 times
Quote:
But you have no issue with the $600 million per year going into the PA, $1.5 Billion going to Egypt and pakistan EACH, etc.? Bias, anyone?
The money America gives to the Palestinians is the only thing that masks America's anti-Palestinian stance. But it's a thin disguise.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:21 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,628,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moskiter View Post
Do you think Palestinians should have their own independent country or they should stay under Israeli control? This poll is anonymous.
Wow. I am in TOTAL SHOCK at the votes. 45% of people think Palestine should be their own country?! Do any of you dipsticks have any idea what God will do to us if we end up making it happen in reality?! God will split the U.S. into two just like Israel!! I've read more than 20 different prophetic visions and dreams from various people who said they saw the U.S. being split apart right in the middle from a major earthquake!! If Palestine gets split from Israel, the New Madrid fault line WILL go off and will split the U.S. in half and DESTROY the mid-west!!

Old 05-11-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Stupid? PI$$ OFF! Once again I ask, WHERE is the so-called Jewish devotion to the homeland? Just because you have no anwser you resort to pissy BS. I can hardly wait for your asinine, inane, baseless cries of Jew-hater!
Uh oh, the teenage temper tantrum...

Since you have absolutely no clue whatsoever about the jewish religion, and even less about the middle east, I think I'll just pass on your posts moving forward.

For the rational, the jewish religion has contained a fundamental attachment to the nation and land of israel for some 6,000 years...

Judaism 101: The Land of Israel

Old 05-11-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
The money America gives to the Palestinians is the only thing that masks America's anti-Palestinian stance. But it's a thin disguise.
Pretty difficult to have sympathy for a people who:

1) chose violence from day one as a method of conflict resolution

2) have killed multiple US citizens and diplomats

3) were allied with anti-US figures like Saddam

4) are supported by extremely anti-US countries like iran

5) celebrated in public on 9/11

6) have major figures threatening to hang our president for killing osama bin laden

Starting to get the picture?

Old 05-11-2011, 11:34 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,191,559 times
Quote:
Pretty difficult to have sympathy for a people who:

5) celebrated in public on 9/11.

6) have major figures threatening to hang our president for killing osama bin laden

Starting to get the picture?
[B1.]Maybe they should just stand back and let Israel take their land and kill their people without a whimper?[/b]

2. Israel has killed many as well, but they're allowed to do what they want.

[B3. ]Sadam was once America's good buddy.[/b]

4. America is extremely anti-Palestinian.

5) celebrated in public on 9/11.
5. Shucks, after America always sides with Israel and does good things for them.

6. There's plenty so called American patriots that would love to hang our president.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
[B1.]Maybe they should just stand back and let Israel take their land and kill their people without a whimper?
Who started the war in 1948? Or are the arab muslims allowed to use violence whenever they feel like it - but everyone else has to use "multilateralism" and diplomacy?

Quote:
srael has killed many as well, but they're allowed to do what they want.
Strawman nonsense.

Quote:
Sadam was once America's good buddy.
Indeed, and when he turned imperialistic, the whole world turned on him, particularly the arab muslim nations like yemen, who mass deported their palestinian "brothers" en masse for supporting saddam.

Quote:
4. America is extremely anti-Palestinian.
"Strong" argument made here

Quote:
Shucks, after America always sides with Israel and does good things for them.
Even better one here...

Old 05-11-2011, 12:16 PM

34,094 posts, read 83,010,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
But this nonsense that land was "given" to some group thousands of years ago is a stupid ass thing to base present foreign policy on.
I agree with this.
There is more than enough modern era reasoning to justify the political choices and all the peripheral without invoking the words of ancient texts.

But it doesn't hurt to have them too.

Quote:
But this nonsense about Arabs just being complete nobodys as it relates to Palestine and present day Israel is complete horse dung.
Now this is another matter.
In that same modern era context, say starting with 1850 before the modern Zionist movement even began and then going forward from then, there is still more than enough evidence to support those other assertions.

The mixing up of ancient/biblical era events and rationales is a more gross example of mixing up 1990 era events and rationales with those from other decades like say the 1920's. All are equally wrong.
---

If you're interested in a deeper understanding I'll suggest that you take a more historical approach and start at one fixed, even arbitrary, point by learning what the conditions were at that time and THEN... layering the subsequent events and circumstances on top of that knowledge.

1914 and the start of WW1 (imho) would probably be the best date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies