Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 02:49 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Slappy face isnt helping you.. I dont need to tell you.. I TOLD YOU.. It was a cost cutting measure, then I posted links to validate the position.. You are saying I'm wrong.. its up to YOU to validate your response.. There is no obligation for me to prove your argument for you.
I know you told me that they are hired for cost savings. But you have refused to demonstrate that they save costs compared to not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 02:52 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The Mental Health Center private, non-profit agency; the Public Health Department is publicly funded. The nursing service is entirely on-site. They are certainly not outsourcing to Wexford (your link).

Mental Health Partners: Mental Health Partners

Boulder County Public Health
The fact that they are non profit agencies dont mean the services arent contracted out to them. By definition, it would have to be contracted out to an agency before the non profits could get involved.
The fact that they are publicly funded, also doesnt mean they arent contracted out (when clearly they are since they are sometimes contracted out to non profits, i.e. above).
And the fact that they have nursing services on site, again, doesnt mean they arent contracted out. Even Wexford (or the dozen or so other companies) as part of the RFP is required to provide staffing for things like nurses, and doctors.. Thats what the RFP's are for

Old 05-12-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I know you told me that they are hired for cost savings. But you have refused to demonstrate that they save costs compared to not.
I showed you numerous examples that say they were cost savings measure, you've showed me ZERO that says its not. Maybe you are having difficulty following along with the discussion..

Old 05-12-2011, 02:54 PM

Quote:
I showed you numerous examples that say they were cost savings measure, you've showed me ZERO that says its not. Maybe you are having difficulty following along with the discussion..
Show me the numbers. THAT matters, not statements and claims.

Old 05-12-2011, 02:55 PM

You two are trying too hard to prove something isnt taking place, when clearly it is.. I've posted NUMEROUS links showing you that private industries are being contracted to provide healthcare for governmental agencies.

Old 05-12-2011, 02:56 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
The fact that they are non profit agencies dont mean the services arent contracted out to them..
The fact that they are publicly funded, also doesnt mean they arent contracted out because so are the other companies which they are contracted out.
And the fact that they have nursing services on site, again, doesnt mean they arent contracted out. Even Wexford (or the dozen or so other companies) as part of the RFP is required to provide staffing for things like nurses, and doctors.. Thats what the RFP's are for
The services are contracted out to other departments of the Boulder County government, or in the case of Mental Health, to a private non-profit. The nursing service is in-house. You've wasted enough of my time, proving to me what I already knew.

Old 05-12-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Show me the numbers. THAT matters, not statements and claims.
What numbers? I've shows you NUMEROUS reports which showed cost savings.. Again, you've showed NOTHING..

Prison Health Services' Hard Time

Q: Why do states outsource prison health care?
A: They find they can achieve cost savings by hiring an experienced company to manage their medical program. For example, the State of Indiana has been a client since 1997. It calculates that, in the first seven years, it avoided additional costs of more than $62.5 million by contracting with us.

Since you are CLEARLY having trouble following along.. If you are saying this is wrong, its up to YOU to show its wrong..

Old 05-12-2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:
You two are trying too hard to prove something isnt taking place, when clearly it is.. I've posted NUMEROUS links showing you that private industries are being contracted to provide healthcare for governmental agencies.
So, the government does the right thing for a change? And we don't need any proof beyond the lip service? Based on your running around, I must now assume you have NOTHING to substantiate your claim. You will keep parroting things over and over again and I do not have the time for that non-sense. Provide data demonstrating savings, or don't expect any more response from me. And if this is your best "evidence"

"For example, the State of Indiana has been a client since 1997. It calculates that, in the first seven years, it avoided additional costs of more than $62.5 million by contracting with us."

Of course.

Old 05-12-2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The services are contracted out to other departments of the Boulder County government, or in the case of Mental Health, to a private non-profit. The nursing service is in-house. You've wasted enough of my time, proving to me what I already knew.
I think its funny that you keep telling me its not contracted out, but then posting that they are..

Old 05-12-2011, 03:01 PM

Quote:
So, the government does the right thing for a change? And we don't need any proof beyond the lip service? Based on your running around, I must now assume you have NOTHING to substantiate your claim. You will keep parroting things over and over again and I do not have the time for that non-sense. Provide data demonstrating savings, or don't expect any more response from me.
Why do I bother discussing anything with someone living in denial and cant respond back with anything other than..

"I'm right, your wrong, and I'm not posting anything to support my position"..

FAIL..

Again, I posted NUMEROUS links listing cost savings... You provided NOTHING as usual..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies