Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 12:43 PM

32,833 posts, read 19,541,618 times

Advertisements

why would you vote for liberals

the progressive globalist fascist liberals are what caused the economic turn down to begin with

vote every progressive globalist fascist liberal out of office
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 12:44 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,786,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
ok let's run this by you one more time............
Have you any reason to vote Republican based on THEIR agenda or how the Reublican party can solve the problems in the USA.
Is it that dificult to give valid reasons to Vote Republican and not just vote against the Democrats. In the mid terms, Florida voted in a Republican Gov. as a knee jerk reaction to get the Dem. out..... turned out to be a HUGE mistake. Is this what you want for the Presidential election...Fear based knee jerk reactions that the Country will regret......... Now what are the Republicans going to do if elected in????????????????
By the way. A Repiblican gov. Followed a Republican Gov. In Florida. You have yet to make an entirely accurate post in this thread. Well done!

Old 05-16-2011, 12:45 PM

Quote:
WTF................. Do you just see what you want to seee. Did you NOT read what this thread is all about? Did you NOT see me say i supported Bush (Rep) as i thought he made more sense than Kerry. I can see America now recovering from the worst recession EVER in America's history and this is down to the current administration...all i want here is to see ANY REAL reason why America should vote in the Republicans..... so far nothing solid.... Why is that?
uhm

according to the govenment we got OUT of the recession by july 09...without one thing from obamy

btw...bush is not a republican...he like his father is a neo-con...a progressive globalist

Last edited by workingclasshero; 05-16-2011 at 12:55 PM..

Old 05-16-2011, 12:48 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,860,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Although you said you didn't want Obama-bashing, a very real reason for voting Republican for many is to vote against Obama, Pelosi, and Reid, just like many voted against GWB.
I agree with you but as we have seen in the mid term elections...voting against does not mean getting a better result. I can't stand Pelosi but i do think the current administration is pulling America out of the worst situation it has had in many many years.... i want to know if the Republicans can do better.

I dislike many positions the Republican candidates take, especially on social issues, but I dislike even more the core positions of the Democrats. Most of them don't care about the size of government and are too concerned about getting other governments to like us. I don't want to see the US government operate like California does.
The Govt will not "shrink" no matter who gets in

I am increasingly drawn to Ron Paul and it is very possible I vote for him regardless of whether he is on the ballot or not.
I like Ron Paul and have had email communications with him as i think he makes good sense but i don't think he is electable.... pity.

Old 05-16-2011, 12:49 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,786,774 times
Quote:
WTF................. Do you just see what you want to seee. Did you NOT read what this thread is all about? Did you NOT see me say i supported Bush (Rep) as i thought he made more sense than Kerry. I can see America now recovering from the worst recession EVER in America's history and this is down to the current administration...all i want here is to see ANY REAL reason why America should vote in the Republicans..... so far nothing solid.... Why is that?
You clearly have no understanding of our political process. If you can't understand what the political parties believe, asking random strangers on the Internet won't help you.

Old 05-16-2011, 12:49 PM

Quote:
why America should vote in the Republicans..... so far nothing solid.... Why is that?
been mnay, many things listed

why republicans???

if they are true republicans they will

lower taxes....

lower SPENDING...

secure the border (not give amnestly like the liberals have done over 8 times already since 1965)

stop the cradle to grave entitlement mentality....

the real question is with the destruction of this fine country by the liberals...why would anyone in their right mind vote for the fascist liberals

Old 05-16-2011, 12:50 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,486,983 times
Quote:
Headed towards a depression? We are coming out of a depression, the worst depression ever in the USA.... been on holiday the last 10 years? Now quote me some reasons FOR voting Republican.... not Obama bashing but What exactly has the Republicans got to solve the problems.... their agenda..... any ideas what it is?
Nobody is bashing Obama. We are just pointing out reality.

Not in a depression? Do you realize that one in 6 Americans are on FOOD STAMPS? Are you aware that the dollar has about half the purchasing power that it did when Obama was elected (that means your money won't buy as much). When you go to fill up your car with gas or buy groceries it all costs twice as much as it did when Obama was elected? Are you aware that the housing market still has not bottomed out yet and they are expecting foreclosures to peak again next year? The real unemployement rate is something like 24%! Boy are YOU GULLIBLE. How can you say we are coming out of a depression? First of all the media has never admitted we were technically in one although we are. They lie to us that we are in a jobless recovery which is an oxymoron if I ever heard one. Have you seen the news today http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703421204576325583050561022.htmlth at (broken link)
? This country is BEYOND BANKRUPT and our elected officials took us there with Obama leading them. You need to WAKE UP to reality.

Old 05-16-2011, 01:03 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,211,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post

Not in a depression? Do you realize that one in 6 Americans are on FOOD STAMPS? Are you aware that the dollar has about half the purchasing power that it did when Obama was elected (that means your money won't buy as much). When you go to fill up your car with gas or buy groceries it all costs twice as much as it did when Obama was elected? Are you aware that the housing market still has not bottomed out yet and they are expecting foreclosures to peak again next year? The real unemployement rate is something like 24%! Boy are YOU GULLIBLE. How can you say we are coming out of a depression? First of all the media has never admitted we were technically in one although we are. They lie to us that we are in a jobless recovery which is an oxymoron if I ever heard one. Have you seen the news today http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703421204576325583050561022.htmlth at (broken link)
? This country is BEYOND BANKRUPT and our elected officials took us there with Obama leading them. You need to WAKE UP to reality.
But the oil companies are doing great. So is most of corporate America. Isn't that what this country is all about?

Old 05-16-2011, 01:07 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,212,317 times
lol, you need to wake up to reality... first off, inflation is NOT running anywhere near the 100% you claim it is. Last month it was more like 2.72% which is still lower that the average of Bush's 8 years. Since Obama took office inflation has been under 1%.

Nobody is saying there aren't problems today, To try and lay the blame for ALL of them at Obama's feet is misguided. If some of these problems have been brewing for 20, 30 even 40 years it is disingenuous to blame someone that has been there just over 2 years now.

For someone that said, NOBODY was bashing Obama, you sure filled your post with a lot of Obama bashing. Try staying on topic, why would I vote for an R?

Quote:

Old 05-16-2011, 01:09 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,860,839 times
Quote:

Not in a depression? Do you realize that one in 6 Americans are on FOOD STAMPS? Are you aware that the dollar has about half the purchasing power that it did when Obama was elected (that means your money won't buy as much). When you go to fill up your car with gas or buy groceries it all costs twice as much as it did when Obama was elected? Gas goes up and down and didn't hit the peek that it did in July 2008. Are you aware that the housing market still has not bottomed out yet and they are expecting foreclosures to peak again next year? For the 6th straight quarter, delinquecies on house payments in the USA has dropped The real unemployement rate is something like 24%! Jobs are always the last thing to recover after a recession. Let's see the April results on Friday... Boy are YOU GULLIBLE. How can you say we are coming out of a depression? First of all the media has never admitted we were technically in one although we are. They lie to us that we are in a jobless recovery which is an oxymoron if I ever heard one. Have you seen the news today http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703421204576325583050561022.htmlth at (broken link)
So what will the Republicans do to get America back on its feet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies