Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 09:08 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
yes Obama is going to take your guns away! Quick! Go out and buy a sub machine gun from your favorite Pawn shop! Did you know there are more guns then there are actual US citizens? The NRA or crazy gun advocates would probably shoot Obama first before he did something regarding "gun control"!
Why did Dubya let the "assault weapons ban" expire? How many of you gun owners think you need a sub machine gun for protection?
Need has nothing to do with a Constitutionally affirmed right. The government does not grant rights. Those come from a higher power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 12:27 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Roamer View Post
Going from trying to stop the flow of guns from the U.S. to central American drug cartels to trying to take away my personal firearm is not what I would call a slippery slope.

Relax. Our guns are safe from Obama.
It can be difficult, on threads like these , to reply to all the idiocy that gets posted by those who disdain the right to arms. . All the 'gun nuts' and 'crazy rednecks' drivel is quite tiresome and irritating, but the above quoted post could be worth a snippet , so here goes...... Just, exactly, where is this idea that the cartels are getting the bulk of their weapons from the U.S. coming from? Do you actually think that these varmints are aquiring weapons from dealer shelves here? Uh huh, you bet, I see scads of Russian AK's, surplus German G3's Steyr AUG's, HK MP5's etc just hanging around all over FFL shops here. The ubiquitous M4's/M16's of US manufacture (key word there) that they have, came mainly from overseas sources, except for the Zeta's of course. You DO know that the US government issued those ....don't you? Mighty nice of them to give them all that hardware and then whine about 'the flow of arms to the cartels'. People who believe that clamping down on civilian arms ownership here in the US will do anything to stop the cartels from equipping themselves need to ask their doctor to reduce (or increase) their medication. However, I will aquiese that the bulk of the FUNDING they use to procure their weapons does come from the US, every time some idiot buys a bag of coke, meth or whatever poison trips their trigger,wellll guess where that coin goes. Stop deluding yourself Roamer, the cartels ain't getting mass shipments of arms from up here, that's a total crock .

Old 05-27-2011, 06:29 PM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times
I think in this case he was just blowing smoke and isn't doing anything about gun control. Just say you are and phrase it so you don't have to give specifics. They'd like to have gun control, but aren't going to even try because it would be too damaging. Obama is also trying to fix the economy but doing it under the radar. He's trying to protect the borders but doing it under the radar. You get the idea.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:32 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,313,628 times
It might be a good time buy a few more then. Has Obama ever even shot a gun before? I would like to see him shoot a 460 Weatherby magnum with full power loads.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:37 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73-79 ford fan View Post
It might be a good time buy a few more then. Has Obama ever even shot a gun before? I would like to see him shoot a 460 Weatherby magnum with full power loads.
I don't think he's up to the challenge; Michelle might be but not Barry.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I don't think he's up to the challenge; Michelle might be but not Barry.
Well he is very skinny and if it had a scope I bet it would collide with his forehead from the recoil.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:21 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jy_2007 View Post
Yes, yes. We know. Big, Bad Obama's gonna take your precious guns away, just like Bill Clinton did...
LOL...you are rather ignorant of the topic I see.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:51 PM

This girl is great. Could be a reduced power handload but impressive none the less.

YouTube - ‪Kat shooting Dad's 460 Weatherthby Custom‬‏

Old 05-28-2011, 08:55 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
As long as there is a Second Amendment, there will be private gun ownership in the U.S., subject to reasonable regulation. Obama couldn't change that if he wanted to, and I see no evidence that he wants to.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:05 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,999,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73-79 ford fan View Post
If he shoots like he throws i wouldn't use it as a photo op.The only piece of Iron Obama has held is a 5 thru 9 iron.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies