Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 09:18 AM

68,394 posts, read 54,665,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You were dead set, that the Conservative movement was a myth, leading to Nov. 2nd, 2010. How wrong could you have been? It was historical!

Shall we list the things you have been wrong about, in hindsight? It is all documented right here.
YES! Please do list anything I've presented as factual that wasn't.

How about starting with pointing out just WHEN/WHERE I ever said "the Conservative movement was a myth" as you so baselessly allege here?

BEGIN!

If you fail to do so I'll just take your post for the inane, asinine misrepresentation it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 09:25 AM

68,394 posts, read 54,665,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Who exactly did Moses lead out of Egypt?
The Palestinians?

No! The Israelite's were lead from Egypt, by Moses. Are you rewriting history, once again?
No, I'm saying the Jews writing a book that says "Hey, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee're special" doesn't make it so.

I'm saying the "My God is better than your God" argument should be placed on the trash pile where it belongs, no matter what 2 Gods you care to plug in.

Last edited by burdell; 05-23-2011 at 09:35 AM..

Old 05-23-2011, 09:30 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,218,480 times
watch out, the government might be willing to take that property you own....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post
As I said, the concept of private land ownership is USEFUL, even if there is no fundamental MORAL right to land or natural resources. Your analogy to a carjacking or home invasion (both potentially violent and crimes against created property, rather than natural property) absolutely miss the entire point. Heck, I even explicitly remarked as to why Marx's collective indictment of all private property was faulty in a world with created wealth, but, hey, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you just didn't read it, and not that you are simply stupid .

although funny enough, your attitude seems to be that having ownership implies a moral right to ownership, and if you accept that attitude, then the Israelis would have a moral right to it, assuming any real degree of intellectual consistency.

Of course, I reject that claim to moral right because there is no moral right to ownership of land period beyond what we play pretend exists for practical purposes, but, if you claim that the arabs on the land had a right to it because they formerly owned it (or to be more historically accurate, owned it before the ottomans and the british), then Israel now has that same right for the same reason. You can't have it one way but not the other (well, technically you can, but, that would make you a hypocrite).

Old 05-23-2011, 09:37 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,864,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So there will never be peace in Isreal under Cain.
How about saying that there will never be peace in Isreal under the present Palestinians who have no interest in actually sitting down to talk.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:38 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,864,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Yawn, another republican not interested in peace or compromise.
You have no idea what you're talking about.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:43 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,915,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrover View Post
How about saying that there will never be peace in Isreal under the present Palestinians who have no interest in actually sitting down to talk.
You wouldn't either, if the other side were bulldozing your communities and not ready for a compromise.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:45 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,321,724 times
You don't offer concessions for peace unless you are in a position of weakness. Peace is its own reward for both sides. If you have to offer something for peace that means that one side does not really want peace. If the Palistinians accepted unconditional peace then, after a few decades of proving their intentions, they would be able to get many concenssions because Israel will be much more willling to work with a proven partner in peace than for one who seems only interested in wiping it off the map. Cain is right; the Palistinians are not, and never have been, interested in peace.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:51 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,915,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
You don't offer concessions for peace unless you are in a position of weakness.
Then let us hope that Israel's unwillingness to listen to America leads to America letting Israel be the grown up it claims to be, and let it be on its own. Let the free market decide, with absolutely no military/political backing from the US. Done?

Old 05-23-2011, 09:56 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,372,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Then let us hope that Israel's unwillingness to listen to America leads to America letting Israel be the grown up it claims to be, and let it be on its own. Let the free market decide, with absolutely no military/political backing from the US. Done?
I think that Einstein just rolled over in his grave again.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:03 AM

34,228 posts, read 83,445,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Done? Hardly.
That just opens the second act.

play that hand out... where does it get you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies