Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are You In Favor Of Legalizing All Drugs ?
NO 34 44.74%
YES 42 55.26%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 09:55 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times

Advertisements

I believe all the currently illegal drugs should be legal to possess and use. They should be procured, QC inspected and sold by the government in government stores (as NH sells hard booze) at prices high enough to discourage use and make enough money to support treatment and rehabilitation. Drugs would only be sold to adults with the same age limits as alcohol. I believe this would make for a safer society because we would have fewer gang feuds and a lot less incidences of police raiding a person's house and killing them without warning.

As far as the danger of accidents with drugies, stoners and tweekers is concerned you are already sharing the roads with these people. However drunks are still the biggest risk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 10:02 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times
The reverse needs to happen.
So many kids are affected in the womb these days by parents on drugs, then a large percentage of boys are dropping participation in classes after grade five due often to pot.
All the violent offenders in prisons love pot mixed with all kinds of other drugs.

Things have gotten worse regarding drugs and it isn't because we didn't let everyone use anything they wanted to. The Libertarians and others have been de-stigmatizing drug use and our youth are collapsing from it.

Start to confiscate the assets of users so they get the reality to STOP and be responsible.
I know we have a lot of drug whores around that worship at the alter of their recreational drug god "god stupid", but we are taking too big a hit from drugs being around and we need to stop this.

We are screwing up Mexico and parts further south because we are their customers.
Put dealers in tents in 100 degree areas for a decade or more for the first offense. No cable TV, weights, or popular magazines. Only provide educational and non radical religious materials.

Confiscate thousands of dollars for the user on the first offense and increase it the next time.
These drug addicts are a draw on us, they need to become a much smaller percentage of the population.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:10 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
I suppose you would like to sacrifice the rest of our civil liberties in your crusade to save the children? Certainly sounds like it. I would prefer that the kids were taught what drug did what and all the side effects so when they bought the stuff as adults (some personal history - I was sneaking whiskey when I was 10) they would know what they could expect. This would be far cheaper, socially as well as financially, than the current ineffective prohibition.

Beside the kids that can handle the drugs will grow up into adults that can handle the drugs. Just like now.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:14 AM

2,028 posts, read 1,888,701 times
Opponents of drug legalization seem to always frame the argument and idea of drugs in a way that helps their argument. Have none of you considered the option of legalizing cleaner, safer, regulated versions of the drugs that give the high but aren't as potent or dangerous as the current illegal versions?

Compare this to moonshine and the current regulated forms of alcohol.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:15 AM

760 posts, read 685,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Going by your reasoning, we should make alcohol and cigarettes illegal as well. They are drugs and very much worse than a few current illegal drugs. Would you be okay with that, placing any user or holder of such things in jail for many years with high fines? Are you okay with paying higher taxes to take care of these drug users and dealers for longer periods of time in prison?

Old 05-23-2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I suppose you would like to sacrifice the rest of our civil liberties in your crusade to save the children? Certainly sounds like it. I would prefer that the kids were taught what drug did what and all the side effects so when they bought the stuff as adults (some personal history - I was sneaking whiskey when I was 10) they would know what they could expect. This would be far cheaper, socially as well as financially, than the current ineffective prohibition.

Beside the kids that can handle the drugs will grow up into adults that can handle the drugs. Just like now.
Wouldn't be a problem if the recreation medicated ones would just overdose to death and stop destroying the future generations of our children as I see it.
Been watching for generations and I have heard the drug loons pushing drugs all that time. Kids hear this and get the impression it is OK, and they get their lives destroyed.
There is no benefit to this destruction. Like I said, the decent thing that could happen is if in some way the drug addicted ones could do us all a favor and just overdose to death. That would be glorious and excellent for our nation.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
Opponents of drug legalization seem to always frame the argument and idea of drugs in a way that helps their argument. Have none of you considered the option of legalizing cleaner, safer, regulated versions of the drugs that give the high but aren't as potent or dangerous as the current illegal versions?

Compare this to moonshine and the current regulated forms of alcohol.
Have the drug worshipers considered the option growing up and stopping this destruction they are cultivating?

Old 05-23-2011, 10:22 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
So many kids are affected in the womb these days by parents on drugs, then a large percentage of boys are dropping participation in classes after grade five due often to pot.
All the violent offenders in prisons love pot mixed with all kinds of other drugs.

Things have gotten worse regarding drugs and it isn't because we didn't let everyone use anything they wanted to. The Libertarians and others have been de-stigmatizing drug use and our youth are collapsing from it.

Start to confiscate the assets of users so they get the reality to STOP and be responsible.
I know we have a lot of drug whores around that worship at the alter of their recreational drug god "god stupid", but we are taking too big a hit from drugs being around and we need to stop this.

We are screwing up Mexico and parts further south because we are their customers.
Put dealers in tents in 100 degree areas for a decade or more for the first offense. No cable TV, weights, or popular magazines. Only provide educational and non radical religious materials.

Confiscate thousands of dollars for the user on the first offense and increase it the next time.
These drug addicts are a draw on us, they need to become a much smaller percentage of the population.

Chances are it wasn't the pot that was making them violent. Never heard of a pot head robbing a Seven Eleven to get his fix. Furthermore, most recreational drug users aren't hardcore criminals, and the attitude of "locking them up and throwing away the key" is rather harsh, as well as very fascist! It's funny that you mentioned religion. What would Jesus say or do? I'm pretty sure he wouldn't agree with your ideas, as well as lack of compassion. Now, with that, I absolutely think we should deal harshly with those that commit true criminal acts, such as murder, rape, child molestation, robbery, and those that scam others out of their life savings! But someone who might smoke a little weed once in awhile??? Come on!

Old 05-23-2011, 10:24 AM

2,028 posts, read 1,888,701 times
Quote:
Have the drug worshipers considered the option growing up and stopping this destruction they are cultivating?
Good morning,

I'm against drug use personally, but not legally. For me this is a freedom and liberty argument. Who are you to impose your idea of what "growing up" is on someone else, as long as they aren't living off you? I believe drug users should be allowed to sink or swim in all ways, unless people choose to provide for them with some form of charity or support.

The only destruction involved in legalized drug use is self-destruction. In a free society, it should be their right to destroy themselves. The crime related to the drug trade is a direct effect of its' illegality, see prohibition and the rise of the Mafia for a comparison.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:25 AM

Could outright enemies of our nation do any better job of rotting us from the inside than the recreational drug god worshipers do here in the USA?
They are doing the damage that our enemies would love to do themselves. You also have to love they are trying to wrap themselves in the flag while doing it the way their lives are wrapped in zig-zags.
Medicated thinking at it's best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies