Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 11:44 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times

Advertisements

Has anyone seen the corporate comedy "Extract" created by Mike Judge of "Office Space" fame? It was poking fun of dysfunctional workplaces and it featured several scenes where an older white Anglo lady was harassing and publicly "calling out" a newly hired Hispanic employee for "not doing his work" while she herself was wasting time "calling him out" and not doing her work because newly hired Hispanic person wasn't clear on his job tasks. And then to cover her butt she was really nice to the morbidly obese Hispanic women who acted as a lap dog to the white Anglo woman and who actively engaged in unproductive workplace gossip. I thought that this scene was true in real life in that people actually do that. Also, I found it interesting that the reason for all of this nastiness was partly because of poor management: the actual floor manager and top manager was incompetent and dysfunctional people themselves in the movie "Extract". I thought this movie Extract was pretty realistic and I was wondering is there for some people a good type of "Hispanic" and do they characterize "Hispanics" into good category and into bad category in the workplace?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 09:53 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,306,186 times
Don't try to draw real-life conclusions from movies and TV shows -- espicially bad ones.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:46 PM

lol it's based on reality though like Office Space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Don't try to draw real-life conclusions from movies and TV shows -- espicially bad ones.

Old 05-23-2011, 01:57 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
What a crazy statement. Don't even want to read the whole post. Because there are good and bad in each and every race. I happen to be very good friends with some dang hard working long hard hours, with some sensational hispanic's. Yes they were born in this Country, does not matter, seems they get a bad rap too. You have your lazy, and you have those who don't complain at all, just work hard to get to the place where they are. Any one going to complain about those who have more then you, get off your duff then, and you too can do the same, don't complain do something about what it is that pisses you off.

I hate those who complain about those who have more then you, i can care less, i am at a comfortable place very confortable, and more power to all the people i know who have more then I and simply do not care.

I characterize people like this, you have your lazy whiny complainer types, who sit around and complain about what it is they don't have, while putting hard working People who seem to work hard to get ahead in life, down, don't respect them at all. I believe in the concept of HARD WORK and some play.

Old 05-23-2011, 02:02 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times
Why ask is there a good Hispanic? That is over the top IMO. Rude, mean and not moving any good conversation forward IMO.

Old 05-23-2011, 02:05 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Last time I looked in the mirror I saw one.

Handsome mother ****er too.

Old 05-23-2011, 02:05 PM

So complaining about unfair work conditions is bad?

Plus you are not getting my point that the lady who was complaining about the unproductive worker was herself being unproductive. That was my major point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
What a crazy statement. Don't even want to read the whole post. Because there are good and bad in each and every race. I happen to be very good friends with some dang hard working long hard hours, with some sensational hispanic's. Yes they were born in this Country, does not matter, seems they get a bad rap too. You have your lazy, and you have those who don't complain at all, just work hard to get to the place where they are. Any one going to complain about those who have more then you, get off your duff then, and you too can do the same, don't complain do something about what it is that pisses you off.

I hate those who complain about those who have more then you, i can care less, i am at a comfortable place very confortable, and more power to all the people i know who have more then I and simply do not care.

I characterize people like this, you have your lazy whiny complainer types, who sit around and complain about what it is they don't have, while putting hard working People who seem to work hard to get ahead in life, down, don't respect them at all. I believe in the concept of HARD WORK and some play.

Old 05-23-2011, 02:07 PM

Hispanics are very attractive. That's for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post

Old 05-23-2011, 02:10 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post

I love it! Great answer!

Old 05-23-2011, 02:11 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times

Me in my younger days.

NOT!!!!! LOL

Ought to make some of the more fashion oriented males on this forum happy! LMAO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies