Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 03:10 PM

315 posts, read 366,786 times

Advertisements

I thought this segment was pretty touching, honestly.

YouTube - ‪Gay Parents Bashed‬‏

But in the same situation, what would you do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2011, 03:18 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times
ROFL.

"You high fived her...?"
"That was for the food."

That's a classic, right there.

Old 05-24-2011, 03:19 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitMage View Post
I thought this segment was pretty touching, honestly.

YouTube - ‪Gay Parents Bashed‬‏

But in the same situation, what would you do?
Looks like Texans are becoming quite enlightened -
not all are the bigots - the media tries to
make them out to be. Good for TX

Old 05-24-2011, 03:24 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Way to go Texas.

It's pretty heartening that so many would stand up for those folks.

I have to say that at first I was surprised that the response in Texas was so much more "Liberal" (at least on the face of it) than the response in NYC - but after thinking about it, it really makes sense and has less to do with the political views of the states' residents than it does with the "keep to yourself" attitude of NYC folks. Texans are apparently a LOT more willing to stand up for what they think is right than folks in NYC are (and that's pretty admirable).

Ken

Old 05-24-2011, 04:12 PM

315 posts, read 366,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
has less to do with the political views of the states' residents than it does with the "keep to yourself" attitude of NYC folks. Texans are apparently a LOT more willing to stand up for what they think is right than folks in NYC are (and that's pretty admirable).

Ken

That's what I thought, too. In the big cities it's really easy to turn people off. They're strangers, whatever is going on isn't your business, etc. I bet it's more of a small town/big city difference. Still, very nice to see.

Old 05-24-2011, 04:16 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
Quote:
Way to go Texas.

I have to say that at first I was surprised that the response in Texas was so much more "Liberal" (at least on the face of it) than the response in NYC - but after thinking about it, it really makes sense and has less to do with the political views of the states' residents than it does with the "keep to yourself" attitude of NYC folks. Texans are apparently a LOT more willing to stand up for what they think is right than folks in NYC are (and that's pretty admirable).

Ken
What would I do?

Report her to the manager and ask him or her to handle it. There is NO excuse to allow an employee to treat a customer like that or to create that kind of disturbance in a place where people go to eat.

This video is not about a "liberal" response from the men in Texas. This video shows that men in Texas are more likely to stand up to protect a woman than their counterparts in NY. The video did make clear that overall the men did challenge the waitress for her rude comments to the men as well.

Last edited by Cunucu Beach; 05-24-2011 at 04:33 PM..

Old 05-24-2011, 04:17 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,694,356 times
I'd tell her to fack off.

Old 05-24-2011, 04:25 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
I watched the epsidode of What Would You Do. Very interesting when i first learned they were going to be in Texas, i never thought, they would get the reactions they did. I was surpirsed and happy to.

Well here go's with my Italian nice Temper, my mouth would have to say something, i know i would then get a manager, it is good to see good people showing compassion for the human race, not Gay or Straight, humans in general, this was so good to see.

We here so much neagtive in our lives, when i see stories like that one, it really touches me.

Old 05-24-2011, 04:59 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,508,466 times
Quote:
Way to go Texas.

Ken
So if the reactions had been different you would have chalked it up to NYC being liberal and Texas being conservative.

It's reallly quite simple. Liberals are jack ass*s. Conservatives are decent folk.

Old 05-24-2011, 05:07 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
So if the reactions had been different you would have chalked it up to NYC being liberal and Texas being conservative.

It's reallly quite simple. Liberals are jack asses. Conservatives are decent folk.
Good observation!!

Given a reverse response, New Yorkers would have been held up as "caring and tolerant" (i.e. "liberal"). The Texans would have been called "ignorant rednecks" (i.e. "conservative").
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies