Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If a man who identifies himself as "heterosexual" rapes another man is he really a homosex
yes 95 57.93%
no 69 42.07%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 01:58 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,792,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
No, it means you are CAPABLE OF and WILLING TO commit homosexual acts. Love hasn't a damn thing to do with it.
I disagree. Homosexuality is much more than just physical acts. Homosexuals are attracted to their own sex in every way, just like heterosexuals are attracted to the opposite sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2011, 02:02 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,951,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Analog Man View Post
If a man has an urge to commit a sexual act on a someone of the same gender rather it be forced or not makes him a homosexual.
I agree with this. As a hetero, I could not bring myself to commit a sexual act, whatever the motivation, with another male. The mere thought repulses me. Note I am not anti-gay and in fact am all for equal rights for them and pro gay marriage. But let's call a spade a spade.

Old 05-25-2011, 02:05 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,024,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I disagree. Homosexuality is much more than just physical acts. Homosexuals are attracted to their own sex in every way, just like heterosexuals are attracted to the opposite sex.

~sigh~ Wouldn't it be nice if they read the links and educated themselves about rape? It'll never happen...they're too busy writing without a knowledge base, because it's fast and easy.

Old 05-25-2011, 02:05 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,704,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Heterosexual men can rape women they don't like, don't love, even those they hate. Take the Bosnian, Rwandan or Congolese atrocities for a few examples. This has nothing to do with attraction, but these are heterosexual acts.

I'm here to tell you.........I am (theoretically) capable of beating another man into steak tartare and removing the life from his body, though barring an assault or worse on my children, that would never, ever happen. But I am not capable of having sex with another man.

Old 05-25-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
I agree with this. As a hetero, I could not bring myself to commit a sexual act, whatever the motivation, with another male. The mere thought repulses me. Note I am not anti-gay and in fact am all for equal rights for them and pro gay marriage. But let's call a spade a spade.
I feel the same way. But I wonder if one of those prison rapists even considers the other person a man or a woman. I guess they consider them just an object that needs to be humiliated.
I wonder if those rapists would like to kiss and hold other men

Old 05-25-2011, 02:07 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,651,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick99 View Post
For those voting 'not gay', if this same man forces himself on a child, I suppose that does not make him a pedophile?
The overwhelming majority of male pedophiles who prey upon boys self-identify as heterosexual. Many are extremely homophobic, not just John Wayne Gacy (who viewed his crimes as part of a mission to clean up Chicago by getting rid of gay youth) but religious clergy who take a very negative view of homosexuality.

Men who rape other men often see their victims as gay but do not consider themselves gay. For that matter there are men who willingly and consentingly have sex with other men who consider themselves to be heterosexual because they're the penetrator not the penetratee (or the one giving head). This attitude is found in many different cultures, was the prevailing attitude in Western civilization before Christianity, and still exists in many sectors of society.

Old 05-25-2011, 02:08 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,704,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
~sigh~ Wouldn't it be nice if they read the links and educated themselves about rape? It'll never happen...they're too busy writing without a knowledge base, because it's fast and easy.
So a man who has sex with another man, no matter what the circumstances, can indeed be heterosexual? There isn't a link on the entire Internet that can convince me this is true.

Old 05-25-2011, 02:08 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,990,822 times
I find it really hard to believe that rape is all about power, and not sex at all.

Old 05-25-2011, 02:09 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,024,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post

I'm 100% heterosexual, but I'm not willing to say what I might do if I went without hetero sex for a year or ten...Halle Berry would be tempting.

Old 05-25-2011, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Heterosexual men can rape women they don't like, don't love, even those they hate. Take the Bosnian, Rwandan or Congolese atrocities for a few examples. This has nothing to do with attraction, but these are heterosexual acts.

I'm here to tell you.........I am (theoretically) capable of beating another man into steak tartare and removing the life from his body, though barring an assault or worse on my children, that would never, ever happen. But I am not capable of having sex with another man.
I think it is more difficult. I think those acts only remotely and at first glance resemble what a lot of people think being gay is all about.

Interesting that you mention Bosnia and Rwanda. Those were prototypical cases of actions that only served to express their hate and humiliate the other ethnic group. Especially raping Muslim women is effective as the perpetrators know that hardly any Muslim man will marry those women anymore.

Also, what you call "having sex with" in this case is not really what you make it sound like. There is no mutuality involved, it is purely a one-way aggression.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies