Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If a man who identifies himself as "heterosexual" rapes another man is he really a homosex
yes 95 57.93%
no 69 42.07%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 02:20 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,450,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Key word "willingly" as mentioned before rape is a crime of power and not sexual preference.
The person getting raped might be straight. The rapist isn't. There are others ways of exerting power besides rape.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 02:57 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
You're on the cusp here. If you can dust off a few more unused neurons and coax them into firing, I think you're going to get it.
No, I think you are using what few you have to live in denial...thanks but no thanks!!!

Old 05-27-2011, 02:57 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,458,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Do you think a man with his penis in another man's behind is not a homosexual act, whether forced or consensual??...further, what exactly are you talking about, "it gives no information...".

The thread is plainly titled "is a man who rapes another man gay"
I was responding to your post in particular, and to your use of the word "sodomize" in particular. You said "if a man sodomizes another man, he has committed a homosexual act", which is true, but that doesn't mean he is necessarily homosexual. That's where the erroneous leap is being made.

Rape is very different from sex in that it isn't indicative of orientation. Rape is about power. Sex is being used as a tool for abuse. It's not about expressing one's sexuality or sexual orientation.

A man putting his penis in another man's behind is a homosexual act in the sense that it's male-on-male, but it doesn't make someone homosexual. Rape aside, someone could be just experimenting but still identify themselves as straight. In many prison situations, men and women who usually identify as straight and have heterosexual relations in the world at large turn to homosexual behavior. Since they have no opposite-sex options, they have no choice but to choose same-sex partners.

In Iran, male prison guards rape male prisoners as part of punishment for a variety of crimes. However the male prisoners don't identify themselves as gay, and are actually particularly rough on prisoners who have received their sentence as a result of a homosexual act.

As you can see, there are plenty of situations where a homosexual act isn't indicative of a homosexual orientation. Having gay sex doesn't make you gay.

Old 05-27-2011, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I was responding to your post in particular, and to your use of the word "sodomize" in particular. You said "if a man sodomizes another man, he has committed a homosexual act", which is true, but that doesn't mean he is necessarily homosexual. That's where the erroneous leap is being made.

Rape is very different from sex in that it isn't indicative of orientation. Rape is about power. Sex is being used as a tool for abuse. It's not about expressing one's sexuality or sexual orientation.

A man putting his penis in another man's behind is a homosexual act in the sense that it's male-on-male, but it doesn't make someone homosexual. Rape aside, someone could be just experimenting but still identify themselves as straight. In many prison situations, men and women who usually identify as straight and have heterosexual relations in the world at large turn to homosexual behavior. Since they have no opposite-sex options, they have no choice but to choose same-sex partners.

In Iran, male prison guards rape male prisoners as part of punishment for a variety of crimes. However the male prisoners don't identify themselves as gay, and are actually particularly rough on prisoners who have received their sentence as a result of a homosexual act.

As you can see, there are plenty of situations where a homosexual act isn't indicative of a homosexual orientation. Having gay sex doesn't make you gay.

Okay, I get it now.

Old 05-27-2011, 03:02 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,458,221 times
Quote:

Okay, I get it now.

Old 05-27-2011, 03:03 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,555,568 times
Quote:
no it's called hypocrisy

Old 05-27-2011, 03:18 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,136,829 times
If a gay man rapes a woman is he straight? I don't think so. So any man who rapes another man is not instantly homosexual. They have committed a crime first and a sexual act second. I can't believe people think that if someone does anything even approximately gay they're gay. Is a husband a wife if he carries his wife's purse? Do labels transfer that easily? Pah! Only for the ignorant and hateful.

Old 05-27-2011, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
no it's called hypocrisy
I don't think he got my sarcasm.

Old 05-27-2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
If a gay man rapes a woman is he straight? I don't think so. So any man who rapes another man is not instantly homosexual. They have committed a crime first and a sexual act second. I can't believe people think that if someone does anything even approximately gay they're gay. Is a husband a wife if he carries his wife's purse? Do labels transfer that easily? Pah! Only for the ignorant and hateful.
If sodomy against a man by another man is "approximately" gay, exactly what do you consider gay?...

Last edited by reconmark; 05-27-2011 at 04:46 PM..

Old 05-27-2011, 04:02 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,136,829 times
Quote:
If sodomy against a man bt another man is "approximately" gay, exactly what do you consider gay?...
There's gay sex and then there's being gay. One can be gay and not even have sex. There is no way that the occurrence of gay sex whether forced or not makes a person gay. I leave the distinction to the individuals involved, since it's none of my business.

Shades of gray everywhere and so many of them full of real color.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies