Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you withdraw from Social Security?
Yes. 51 51.00%
No. 49 49.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 05:14 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,078,247 times

Advertisements

I would sacrifice every dime that I paid in so far to be able to opt out today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 05:16 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,601,142 times
Don't punish people who contributed. Go after Congress..strip them of their pensions and put that money back into the SS fund. Congress "borrowed" that money so get it back from them, not the taxpayers.

Old 05-26-2011, 05:32 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,778,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post

If such a law existed, it would be unconstitutional involuntary servitude.

Kinda like Obamacare.

Congress passes a lot of laws that are unconstitutional using a twisted interpretation of the "regulation of interstate commerce" clause. They have decided that it gives them almost unlimited powers and the people just follow along like lemmings.

Old 05-26-2011, 05:45 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,006,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Court clears suit to affirm voluntary Medicare, Social Security | Mark Tapscott | Beltway Confidential | Washington Examiner (http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/court-clears-suit-affirm-voluntary-medicare-social-security - broken link)
A federal judge has cleared the way for consideration of a class-action lawsuit in which plaintiffs - including former House Majority Leader Dick Armey - are asking for a ruling upholding an existing law that declares participation in Medicare and Social Security to be voluntary, not compulsory.
In case you were not informed, there is NO law compelling all Americans to participate in FICA / Social Security. Nor is there any law punishing any American who does not. And if any private sector employer was misled to presume he could not hire the unnumbered Americans, that shows how successful the world's greatest propaganda ministry is.

If such a law existed, it would be unconstitutional involuntary servitude.
Sadly, millions believe that they cannot work in their own country without the account and number. And worse, there is no legal obligation for Congress to pay any benefits. They are entirely at the discretion of Congress, despite the widespread belief that FICA is "insurance" for the millions of participants.

Of course, you may also not be aware that there is no "Trust Fund" since the "Dollar bills" in circulation have no par value. They are IOUs. To redeem those IOUs require lawful money, of which there is insufficient bullion. In other words, each beneficiary "owes" himself - minus a cut taken by the management.

And if 51% withdraw consent from FICA / Social Security, the system would implode, since the recipients would far outnumber the remaining donors.

And without 305 million "human resources" pledged as security on the public debt, the "dollar bills" would be under collateralized and unacceptable to the creditor.

Options are bleak - - -
Remain in a system that will inevitably collapse, or leave now, and precipitate the collapse even sooner.
I would like to see my girls opt out, but as I understand it, you can only do that if you're a certain type of government worker or a minister.

Tell me where I'm wrong.

When my oldest starts work and they ask her for a SS#, what does she say?

She has one, but has never used it.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:38 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,375,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
No, I've paid into it my entire life, I feel bad for the under 55-ers who already have paid plenty.
I am 52 and I know I will never see a dime, I would opt out if giving the chance.

Old 05-26-2011, 10:24 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,987,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I would sacrifice every dime that I paid in so far to be able to opt out today.
I would only opt out if the government sent me a check for what I have already paid in plus the interest as shown on the statement I receive from the SS administration. Or, they can cut me a tax break for same amount that does not expire until completely used. IMO, the government has stolen enough money from my pocket so why should I allow them to get away with that which was taken through FICA?

Old 05-26-2011, 10:28 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,987,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Don't punish people who contributed. Go after Congress..strip them of their pensions and put that money back into the SS fund. Congress "borrowed" that money so get it back from them, not the taxpayers.
How many adminstrations are you going to go back to collect that which has been raided? Will that even cover it?

Would you do the same with the federal fuel tax and all the other "slush funds"?

The co-mingling of funds and raiding from one to pay for another is highly illegal in private practice so why does the federal government get away with it?

Old 05-26-2011, 10:39 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,344,140 times
How come what's good for the gander ain't good for Mama Goose (States)?

The Supreme Court is schitzo.

"For the first 20 years of their participation, "very few" States exercised their option under 418(g) to withdraw from the System. Id., at 18. Until the mid-1970's, the number of state and local employees "leaving the system was always greatly exceeded by the number of newly-covered employees - in most years, by 50,000 or more." Ibid. 9 Starting in 1976, however, this trend reversed, and the "numbers of positions being terminated from coverage" began to exceed "the numbers of newly-covered positions." Ibid. From 1977 through 1981, "termination activity was greater than in the previous ten years," with coverage "terminated for 96,000 State and local government employees." Ibid. As of 1982, coverage was "terminated for 595 State entities employing 190,000 workers." Ibid. Finally, "for the two-year period of 1983-84, terminations [were] pending for 634 State and local entities employing 227,000 workers." Ibid."

BOWEN v. AGENCIES OPPOSED TO SOC. SEC. ENTRAP., 477 U.S. 41 (1986)

Old 05-26-2011, 10:58 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,857,932 times
I wonder how many, who are on SS, voted yes.

Old 05-26-2011, 11:00 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,204,958 times
Already left it.. 10 years ago
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies