Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 11:57 AM

2,208 posts, read 1,836,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Excellent and correct
It really is far from correct actually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2011, 12:18 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
The very first sentence of your response proved my point. Thanks.

There are such things as "lesser folks". They are the murderers, rapists, child molesters, muggers, scam artists and general ***holes of humanity. EVERY ethnic group has them. Yes, even the noble, infallible African-Americans.

Oh yeah, your the "black people have a secret world that you whites aren't able to access" poster. lol

African-Americans: The Skull and Bones minority group. lol

You say your life is pretty good. But one day you or someone in your family may fall ill and will need some life saving surgery. It may be the case, unfortunately, that you will not be able to get medical attention. There may not be a cure available (perhaps because the person who would have found the cure was murdered as a teen before he or she could enter medical school) or the money to assist paying for the procedure is not available (maybe it has be allocated by the government to maintain the prison which can't keep up with the influx of lesser folks).

Your handle suggests an affiliation with Detroit. You think the good people of that broken city are NOT being held back by the criminals and degenerates who happen to hold down the property values or make it impossible for a smart kid to get a good education? Its hard to study when the bullets are flying!

The point is you and I and everyone else are being held back by the bad people of society everyday. The world would be a better place if these people would become rehabilitated or, failing that, eliminated.

Every group has these people. But, like I said, only the "perfect" black people are blind to that fact.

BTW, why is it that a person can feel "comfortable" telling the truth to people of any race EXCEPT blacks?

Perhaps a certain group tends to respond to uncomfortable situations with acts of violence?
Wow. Playing the victim about being held back. Sorry, but that's your life. I've never been held back by anyone.

You should feel comfortable telling anyone of any race anything you want so long as you do it tactfully. I do it all the time. No problem with violence yet. Funny how that works.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:54 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Wow. Playing the victim about being held back. Sorry, but that's your life. I've never been held back by anyone.

You should feel comfortable telling anyone of any race anything you want so long as you do it tactfully. I do it all the time. No problem with violence yet. Funny how that works.
There are many victims of violent crime in America. One ethnic group is responsible for more than their fair share of it. That behavior is certainly not making things better in this country.

I feel comfortable telling anyone of any race anything I want. It's obvious, however, that not all are comfortable to hear it.

Old 05-28-2011, 01:05 PM

167 posts, read 239,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
Let's look at this objectively. It's not a race thing (Oakland is VERY diverse, Rockford is majority White and Stockton is plurality White. Let's not also forget that most cities on the list were very 50/50 Black/White). It's not a partisan issue since some of the safest cities in the US are Democratic. The safest large city is San Jose, CA (Democratic) Honolulu is routinely listed as one of the safest large cities in America, as is NYC (which is generally Democratic).

The common thread is a failing industrial base and middle class flight. Stockton is a unique situation since it essentially is two cities. One is an older center, the other is a middle/upper middle income suburb of San Jose/San Francisco. Stockton illustrates the perils of a city retooling itself.

Detroit, Flint, and others have had less success (Stockton fell in the dangerous city rankings).

Again this isn't because of race or party affiliation, it's due to economics. Less middle class people and higher unemployment.
Well, I know that town and there's been a surge in gang activity and homicides this year. San Jose lost the safetest city in America title a few years ago but it was still very safe up to now. We already surpassed last year's homicides. We just had two homicides this week with one occuring this morning.

Old 05-28-2011, 06:26 PM

74 posts, read 233,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Your welcome.

...since a black person would not tell you that the crappiest blacks are holding back the whole race.

Whites complain all the time about the "white trash", "Jerry Springer Show" types that are contributing nothing positive to America.

Latinos, Asians, etc...

All of these ethnic groups recognize that a part of their own ethnic groups have unique problems to their own communities and are not pulling their full weight in our society.

But for some reason, if a black person says something negative about the behavior of the lesser folks in their ethnic group they are absolutely attacked and shunned by other supposedly educated blacks ("your an uncle tom", "your a sellout", etc.)

THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO WILL NOT LOOK INWARD AND CRITICIZE THEIR OWN ARE BLACKS.

And if a white person gently brings up the fact that their may be problems in your...

RACIST! RACIST! RACIST! RACIST!

So we get an ethnic community where some people go to college, most people obey the law and work hard and A LOT OF PEOPLE COMMIT VIOLENT CRIMES AND ARE PERMANENT **** UPS.

You may call it "racism"...but the rest of America calls it "reality".
You wanna know what's the problem with white people criticizing other races for crime? What's wrong is the fact that white people were murdering eachother, livling like animals, and acting like hooligans during the late 1800-early 90's urban ghettos. That's why black people, especially in the Midwest and East Coast cities can not take white people seriously when they talk about other races and crime.

I live in a city (Chicago) where Irish, Polish, Italians etc were doing the same shyt blacks do nowadays so why would a black or latino Chicagoan give a fukc what whites have to say about crime? They're nothing but a race of hyprocrites who revised their own history. We saw them doing the same shyt 100 years ago in the late 1800's early 1900's and now because their families have escaped the slums and moved to the suburbs they now act like they've always been living clean and honest? Bullshyt. They can kiss our collective black latino asses.

Old 05-28-2011, 06:34 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago'sFinest View Post
You wanna know what's the problem with white people criticizing other races for crime? What's wrong is the fact that white people were murdering eachother, livling like animals, and acting like hooligans during the late 1800-early 90's urban ghettos. That's why black people, especially in the Midwest and East Coast cities can not take white people seriously when they talk about other races and crime.

I live in a city (Chicago) where Irish, Polish, Italians etc were doing the same shyt blacks do nowadays so why would a black or latino Chicagoan give a fukc what whites have to say about crime? They're nothing but a race of hyprocrites who revised their own history. We saw them doing the same shyt 100 years ago in the late 1800's early 1900's and now because their families have escaped the slums and moved to the suburbs they now act like they've always been living clean and honest? Bullshyt. They can kiss our collective black latino asses.
The irony here is during that time period that Irish, Italians, Jews, Pole's and other ethnicities were facing massive discrimination in housing, jobs, access to financial capital, and a lack of political representation and economic resource.

So what did they do?

Resort to boot legging, loan sharking, extortion, prostitution, illegal gambling, drug dealing and just about any other activity to make a buck. In fact just about every immigrant group in this country goes through a period where there is a substantial level of criminal activity in that community for ECONOMIC GAIN. Eventually those communities gain more political representation and better access to economic resources.

Old 05-28-2011, 06:40 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
The irony here is during that time period that Irish, Italians, Jews, Pole's and other ethnicities were facing massive discrimination in housing, jobs, access to financial capital, and a lack of political representation and economic resource.

So what did they do?

Resort to boot legging, loan sharking, extortion, prostitution, illegal gambling, drug dealing and just about any other activity to make a buck. In fact just about every immigrant group in this country goes through a period where there is a substantial level of criminal activity in that community for ECONOMIC GAIN. Eventually those communities gain more political representation and better access to economic resources.
Many of the wealthiest families of North America got their fortunes originally from those activities. The Kennedys and Bronfmans come to mind. The Capone family is very wealthy from legit business today, which would not have been possible if not for Al's money backing his brothers' business ventures.

Old 05-28-2011, 06:50 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago'sFinest View Post

The Chicago my ancestors settled in after going through Ellis Island and travelling west - the Chicago of 1900 - didn't have too many black residents, but had the highest murder rate in the entire world.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:08 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
I have been to 7 of these cities and believe them to be dead on.

St Louis
Baltimore
Memphis
Detroit

are extremely dangerous to even be in.

Wonder why Philly or Newark NJ did not make the list?
St Louis, really?
I'd bet money that you have not been in the City Of St Louis, which are the quoted crime stats, not the greater STL area.
More fear-mongering.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:17 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,781,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
St Louis, really?
I'd bet money that you have not been in the City Of St Louis, which are the quoted crime stats, not the greater STL area.
More fear-mongering.

I've been to St. Louis many times and it was the one city(especially East St. Louis) in the US that I felt more likely to fall victim to a crime than when I worked in Mexico. Many an investigations I did on robberies and burglaries for my former company there than any other US city. Honestly, I felt walking the streets of Juarez at 2am was safer than trying it here. That being said, I think St, Louis is a great town and love the sports atmosphere that is there with the Cards, Blues, etc......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies