Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 12:02 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Please explain what he REALLY meant.
So many of THEM have tried to do what you ask and none of them have really worked it out yet. meson won't be telling you anything but he claims he knows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2011, 12:05 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
This is silly. Bush had the same position on this issue as Obama does.

Why am I not surprised to see the usual Republican hacks attacking Obama on this issue? Do you people have any real knowledge, or do you just attack Obama, no matter what he says or does?

Don't bother responding to my question. The answer is obvious. You are ignorant sheep who would probably get down on your knees and cheer for someone like Sarah Palin if she became the Republican nominee for President.
Are you going to tell us what Obama meant? meson talks a big game but says nothing and it appears you are doing the same thing. What did he mean with those words?

Old 05-28-2011, 08:04 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:

Why am I not surprised to see the usual Republican hacks attacking Obama on this issue? Do you people have any real knowledge, or do you just attack Obama, no matter what he says or does?

Don't bother responding to my question. The answer is obvious. You are ignorant sheep who would probably get down on your knees and cheer for someone like Sarah Palin if she became the Republican nominee for President.
Knowledge like.....obama's OWN WORDS? Knowledge like.....Bibi's RESPONSE?

That kind of knowledge?

Old 05-28-2011, 08:11 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
This is wonderful. First Bibi, then Harper, putting obama in his place as he continues his assault on Israel.

Canada takes pro-Israel line at G8 summit - Israel News, Ynetnews

I'm glad someone had the cojones to stand up to the bully-in-chief.

I can just hear him trying to strong arm the group - "hey guys, don't embarrass me, give me what I want here".

A total rebuke of the radical obama's plans.
I never knew the Zionists had so much influence up there in Canada as well. Kind of scary.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:19 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I never knew the Zionists had so much influence up there in Canada as well. Kind of scary.
Thank god for Canada.....if only the US had someone firmly behind Israel, instead of the anti-Israeli, pro-palestinian, pro-hamas fool we're stuck with.

Old 05-28-2011, 09:52 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,197,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Please explain what he REALLY meant.
He said the 1967 borders is the point where NEGOTIATIONS should be based on, he
didn't say to RETURN to 1967 borders, why is it so difficult for you to understand that?
Never mind I know the answer, FOX News told you what to think....

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-28-2011 at 01:23 PM.. Reason: name calling

Old 05-28-2011, 10:05 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,197,819 times
Quote:
Thank god for Canada.....if only the US had someone firmly behind Israel, instead of the anti-Israeli, pro-palestinian, pro-hamas fool we're stuck with.
You just don't get it or you refuse to get it....

Quote:
As the meeting of G8 leaders drew to a close, Prime Minister Stephen Harper rebuffed
suggestions he convinced his peers to drop a call for Israel to return to its pre-1967 borders
from the summit's final communique.

When reporters peppered Harper with demands he explain whether he had objected to any of
the language in the statement, the prime minister did not offer a direct answer.

Instead, Harper said it would be wrong to "cherry pick elements" of U.S. President Barack
Obama's recent speech calling for Israel and Palestinians to return to the negotiating
table with an eye on establishing two states based on the 1967 borders.

"In terms of being balanced and even-handed and tying to resolve the Middle East peace
conference, all of the elements of that speech have to be looked at as a totality, and I think
that's the basis on which we have to approach the situation," Harper told reporters gathered
at the summit venue in Deauville, France.
Top Stories

Old 05-28-2011, 10:08 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
I doubt the righties in Canada inflence the President to do anything. That said, who cares what Israel does, just let them do it without our money.
Casper

Old 05-28-2011, 12:41 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,887 times
Quote:
It's the palestinians who are not negotiating and thanks to obama's comments, they now insist the starting point is for Israel to agree they will go back to 1967 borders.

There is NO WAY Israel will or should negotiate with the palestinians as long as hamas is a player in the government.
You're so concerned with tying something to Obama that you don't realize you contradicted yourself. First it's not the Palestinians negotiating then it's Israel shouldn't negotiatiate.

I don't think Israel wants a solution. I think they want to continue to whine incessantly and suck on America's tit for as long as possible.

Quote:

They're desparate to drum up some Obama drama real or fabricated. It's been going on since 07' and will continue through 01/17..They refuse to accept that he's the president. It's really sad.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:46 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,960,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
It doesn't matter what Obama wants or doesn't want. It's not his country. What matters is what Netenyahu and the Israelis want.
Which is exactly why we should not be supporting them, financially, militarily, diplomatically, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies