Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2011, 09:04 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
"To Catch A Predator!"
"Straw Grasping".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2011, 09:22 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
"Straw Grasping".
You used to get mad at Chris Hansen didn't you?

Old 06-11-2011, 09:29 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
Quote:
You used to get mad at Chris Hansen didn't you?
No idea who he is.

Old 06-11-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
No idea who he is.
Then how did you come to the conclusion that I was grasping at straws?

While you're at it explain to everyone what predator Weiner has in common with a 17 year old from another state?

Old 06-11-2011, 11:11 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
"To Catch A Predator!"
From the article...

Sources close to the student said the girl followed Weiner on Twitter after seeing him speak during a school trip to Washington on April 1. Weiner, after signing on to follow the girl's Twitter feed, direct-messaged the girl on April 13, the sources said, though it is not clear what other communication the two may have had between or after those dates. Weiner no longer follows the girl on Twitter.

So you are accusing Weiner before all of the facts are out.

BTW.. A predator has a specific type of prey in mind and focus on that particular prey. Where has it been revelaed that Weiner focused on and sought out underage girls???

In the broad sense of the word, sexual predators are people who commit sexual crimes. The term "predator," however, usually indicates a repeat offender who enjoys the feeling of "hunting down" his prey. Many sexual predators attack only a particular type of victim, such as children of a certain age, sex or race.

Sexual predators often get attached to their victims. Attachment often results in cyberstalking or harassment, when the predator constantly contacts the victim to ask for sexual favors (which can be anything from posing naked on camera to meeting for sex), and threatening death or injury to the victim or her family if she doesn't comply. If the response is not acceptable, the criminal usually starts contacting friends, posting photos of the victim online and giving away her phone number, making phone calls and making direct threats.

This profile does not remotely resemble what Weiner did. Stop being a witch burner and get a dictionary.

Old 06-11-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
From the article...

Sources close to the student said the girl followed Weiner on Twitter after seeing him speak during a school trip to Washington on April 1. Weiner, after signing on to follow the girl's Twitter feed, direct-messaged the girl on April 13, the sources said, though it is not clear what other communication the two may have had between or after those dates. Weiner no longer follows the girl on Twitter.

So you are accusing Weiner before all of the facts are out.

BTW.. A predator has a specific type of prey in mind and focus on that particular prey. Where has it been revelaed that Weiner focused on and sought out underage girls???

In the broad sense of the word, sexual predators are people who commit sexual crimes. The term "predator," however, usually indicates a repeat offender who enjoys the feeling of "hunting down" his prey. Many sexual predators attack only a particular type of victim, such as children of a certain age, sex or race.

Sexual predators often get attached to their victims. Attachment often results in cyberstalking or harassment, when the predator constantly contacts the victim to ask for sexual favors (which can be anything from posing naked on camera to meeting for sex), and threatening death or injury to the victim or her family if she doesn't comply. If the response is not acceptable, the criminal usually starts contacting friends, posting photos of the victim online and giving away her phone number, making phone calls and making direct threats.

This profile does not remotely resemble what Weiner did. Stop being a witch burner and get a dictionary.
He fits the exact profile of a predator. We know how bad he's hurt you, but, seriously, stop defending him, you're like a battered wife with a black eye and a limp defending their drunk husband.

Old 06-11-2011, 11:31 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times
Quote:
He fits the exact profile of a predator. We know how bad he's hurt you, but, seriously, stop defending him, you're like a battered wife with a black eye and a limp defending their drunk husband.

Wierd how the libbies have some weird twisted Identification issues with "The Weiner"

No wonder there are so many Psycho-logists in New York.

Old 06-11-2011, 11:48 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Too bad that you have such poor reading comprehension skills. Must have been tough for you in school.

Old 06-11-2011, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Too bad that you have such poor reading comprehension skills. Must have been tough for you in school.
Quote:
If a parent is suspicious that someone is a predator, he/she should take action immediately. "Start asking questions, investigate his background, do whatever you need to do." David says. "Why am I spending so much time [with the child]? Why am I willing to do the extra things that I'm doing? Why do I caress them when I hug them?"
Dr. Phil.com

Old 06-11-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Many child molesters use a "grooming process" to prepare their victims. Kevin says David used his role as a father figure to groom him. "I had no role model in my life. From the day I met him, he just stepped right in and was the greatest guy in the world to me," Kevin explains. "It was a euphoria that I hadn't felt before, having someone to look up to, someone that really cared about me, and had an interest in what I was doing every single day. Being fondled by him just tore my heart out."
Dr. Phil.com

Just do a little research. You'll see a very clear picture of the sexual predator, the child molester and the sexual offender.

He's far more like a child predator than any other group. You do see parents defending their kids actions and for that matter Weiner himself.

It's not like this pleases me or anything. This guy is a complete sicko and the internet just masked it. Do you think if he never got caught all he would have ever done was a little cybersex?

What gave Weiner pleasure was the thought of doing sadistic type things to his female "associates."

Does that really sound like a fetish the internet was going to fulfill?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies