Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2011, 06:02 PM

139 posts, read 260,616 times

Advertisements

[quote=Isitmeorarethingsnuts?;19537638 Does it bother you that Weiner may have been contacting a 17 year old girl?[/QUOTE]

Not an issue for the party of "no values".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 06:20 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,471,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Nancy Pelosi is saying he can stay. The reason is that he is unqualified for a job in the private sector and needs a government salary. I hope the Speaker of the House John Boehner expells him.

Even if scandal-stained Rep. Anthony Weiner didn't want to stay in office, he needs to stay in office. Unlike many of his peers in the House, Weiner doesn't have a business or a law degree to fall back on.

Weiner, 46, took home $156,117 in 2010, according to his federal tax returns released by his staff. His humiliated wife, Huma Abedin, a top aide to Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, earned $154,000 in 2009, federal records show. He owes between $10,000 and $15,000 on his American Express card, according to his most recent financial-disclosure forms.

It's pretty sad that scumbag Dumbocrat Anthony Weiner is nothing more than a big-mouth empty suit with a tiny tallywacker.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:20 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,471,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Nancy Pelosi is saying he can stay.
Joe Wilson yells "You Lie" to a liar and he is censured by Pelosi. Anthony Weiner shows his penis online to a 21 year old, and Pelosi responds that she is disappointed.

The Dumbocrats are hypocrites to the absolute max.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:47 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,940 times
As this thread dies and Weiner's exploits into underage image recipients are revealed (reviled by some).....it's worth noting.....the left, Weiner and his most adamant supporters in media, Congress and liberals cannot seem to do one thing.....

and that is to simply SHUT UP.

It's much like the O administration's handling of the Osama Bin Laden killing.

They all seem to be digging deeper into that hole we're all peering into and laughing about.

It MUST be a liberal thing.

Amazing.

Old 06-11-2011, 12:20 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,504,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Even if scandal-stained Rep. Anthony Weiner didn't want to stay in office, he needs to stay in office. Unlike many of his peers in the House, Weiner doesn't have a business or a law degree to fall back on.

Weiner, 46, took home $156,117 in 2010, according to his federal tax returns released by his staff. His humiliated wife, Huma Abedin, a top aide to Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, earned $154,000 in 2009, federal records show. He owes between $10,000 and $15,000 on his American Express card, according to his most recent financial-disclosure forms.

It's pretty sad that scumbag Dumbocrat Anthony Weiner is nothing more than a big-mouth empty suit with a tiny tallywacker.
You do know he gets a pretty retirement FOR LIFE when he leaves office. They all do even if they only serve for a few years. IMO that should be dropped, especially for the ones who have done what Weiner has done.

Old 06-11-2011, 03:53 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
You do know he gets a pretty retirement FOR LIFE when he leaves office. They all do even if they only serve for a few years. IMO that should be dropped, especially for the ones who have done what Weiner has done.
I disagree to an extent.

Public elected office should have NO pension/retirement benefits at all IMHO.

Weiner's actions violate his oath and he should be removed from his elected office. He should resign and the people be allowed to elect a new representative.

Old 06-11-2011, 08:22 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,402,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I see you are still up in arms about the way I posted. Letterman may not have said raped, he alluded to her as getting pregnant during the 7th inning. I'm sorry my misquote upset you more than what Letterman alluded to.
It was a joke in bad taste, as I said in my last post. But there, you (1) somehow are convinced, and wrote, that David Letterman speaks for everybody on the left in the United States, and (2) quoted him as saying something that he didn't.

Quote:
It's sad that some are such hardline political fanatics that they gloss over the content to uphold their party affiliation. Does it bother you that Weiner may have been contacting a 17 year old girl?

Nevermind, I know that will go right over your head.
I'm sorry that you haven't been following the thread. I've posted in this thread that I'm very disappointed with Weiner, and if I were in his district I wouldn't vote for him. It bothers me very much that he might have been having inappropriate conversations with a 17 year old.

Now please stop assuming that anybody who calls you out on blatantly misquoting somebody is some ultra-partisan.

Old 06-11-2011, 08:25 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,850,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
It was a joke in bad taste, as I said in my last post. But there, you (1) somehow are convinced, and wrote, that David Letterman speaks for everybody on the left in the United States, and (2) quoted him as saying something that he didn't.

I'm sorry that you haven't been following the thread. I've posted in this thread that I'm very disappointed with Weiner, and if I were in his district I wouldn't vote for him. It bothers me very much that he might have been having inappropriate conversations with a 17 year old.

Now please stop assuming that anybody who calls you out on blatantly misquoting somebody is some ultra-partisan.
For way too many people, there is only black and white.

Old 06-11-2011, 08:55 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,454,732 times
"To Catch A Predator!"

Old 06-11-2011, 09:01 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,380,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
"To Catch A Predator!"
What did he tweet to the 17 year old that was inappropriate?

Assumptions are the mother of all screw ups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies