Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2011, 11:09 AM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,365,698 times

Advertisements

More dems are calling for his head, but his constituents think his withdrawal is premature. Could be a real sticky wicket...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 11:15 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,478,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
Let me slow it down for you then, my bigoted friend. When you put something in quotes, readers take it to mean that you are actually quoting somebody. Not paraphrasing, not summarizing, but putting down exactly what was said.

Isitme has claimed that Letterman LITERALLY said that Palin's daughter was "looking to be raped." now, I know that he made a joke that he apologized for and thought he was referring to Palin's adult daughter (still in poor taste), but the words "looking to be raped" never passed through his lips, as far as I can tell. Now, do you have anything to prove otherwise, or are you going to continue posting non-content useless one liners that continuously expose your lack of intelligence and display a stunning amount of ignorance?
Your twinkle toeing is quite amusing.... Thanks for the laughs!

BTW, how are those murderous machete weilding bigots doing over there in Africa?

Old 06-10-2011, 01:07 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,586,670 times
He said she got knocked up, Limbaugh said he alluded to rape. Bad taste joke about a 14 year old, meant for an 18 year old.

RUSH LIMBAUGH, RADIO TALK SHOW HOST: Let's not forget all of the hate and venom that was directed at Sarah Palin last summer and continues to this day in the form of so-called comedy from the pathetic David Letterman, who himself -- he used to have -- his shows was, I remember, back on NBC. It was great. It was one of the funniest TV shows ever. He's just an angry old man now. Every night, angry, filled with rage about somebody, and genuinely wrong about everything he says, suggesting that Palin's daughter was raped at 14 years old during a baseball game at Yankee Stadium. And who's denouncing it? Who denounced any of the hatred against Sarah Palin?
(END AUDIO CLIP)
VAN SUSTEREN: So where is the feminist outrage over this? We called "MS" magazine. They had no comment. We asked the National Organization for Women to send someone to appear on our show. They declined but then added Letterman to its Web site's "Media Hall of Shame." But is this enough?
Where Are the Feminists in the Palin-Letterman War? - Greta Van Susteren | On The Record With Greta - FOXNews.com

what does this have to do with Anthony Weiner?

Old 06-10-2011, 01:38 PM

1 posts, read 709 times
C.C.'s post is the best. love it!!! Leno couldn't beat that!

I think the whole mess can be summed up here:

Weiner (http://www.whileromeburns.org/741776A/blogs/entry/Weiner - broken link)

WARNING: NOT FOR CHILDREN

Old 06-10-2011, 01:43 PM
C.C

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSporen View Post
C.C.'s post is the best. love it!!! Leno couldn't beat that!

I think the whole mess can be summed up here:

Weiner (http://www.whileromeburns.org/741776A/blogs/entry/Weiner - broken link)

WARNING: NOT FOR CHILDREN
Thanks - I knew there had to be SOMEBODY with a sense of humor around here!

Old 06-10-2011, 05:11 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,486,659 times
Weiner's Messages to 17 Year-old Teenage Girl in Delaware Draw Police Attention

Old 06-10-2011, 05:13 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,018,709 times
Oh.My.Goodness.

Exclusive: Weiner's Messages to Teenage Girl in Delaware Draw Police Attention - FoxNews.com

Exclusive: Weiner's Messages to Teenage Girl in Delaware Draw Police Attention

Quote:
Two officers from the New Castle County Police Department arrived at the girl's home around 4:30 p.m. and asked to speak with the girl's mother about the daughter's contact with Weiner. Another officer appeared at the home a short time later.
Really Tony, next time you tweet out explicit pics of your very impressive member, make sure you're talking to an adult.

Old 06-10-2011, 05:18 PM
C.C

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh.My.Goodness.

Exclusive: Weiner's Messages to Teenage Girl in Delaware Draw Police Attention - FoxNews.com

Exclusive: Weiner's Messages to Teenage Girl in Delaware Draw Police Attention

Really Tony, next time you tweet out explicit pics of your very impressive member, make sure you're talking to an adult.
He must have been busy tweeting when Clinton was explaining that part...

Old 06-10-2011, 05:46 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,873,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
I have to ask, when was that direct quote of "looking to be raped" said by anybody "on the left," much less the entirety of the left?

Putting it in direct quotes as you did implies that somebody prominent in the Democratic Party or in left-leaning political commentator or pundit literally said those words. So please let me know when that happened, because that's a shocking thing to say about a 15 year old girl!

I see you are still up in arms about the way I posted. Letterman may not have said raped, he alluded to her as getting pregnant during the 7th inning. I'm sorry my misquote upset you more than what Letterman alluded to.

It's sad that some are such hardline political fanatics that they gloss over the content to uphold their party affiliation. Does it bother you that Weiner may have been contacting a 17 year old girl?

Nevermind, I know that will go right over your head.

Old 06-10-2011, 05:59 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,748,288 times
Nancy Pelosi is saying he can stay. The reason is that he is unqualified for a job in the private sector and needs a government salary. I hope the Speaker of the House John Boehner expells him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies