Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2011, 04:46 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I've already posted my opinion on the subject many times on this thread. You will not find any posts on this subject previous to today as I waited it out.

Now let me ask you a question...You compared Weiner's actions to Foley. Do you think that sending emails of underwear is the same as propositoning kids for sex???
This story isn't over yet. Don't forget he left the door open for further investigation as to whether of not any of his on line love partners was underage at the time of the "consensual" on line sex "conversations"
this thing could get uglier and uglier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I've already posted my opinion on the subject many times on this thread. You will not find any posts on this subject previous to today as I waited it out.

Now let me ask you a question...You compared Weiner's actions to Foley. Do you think that sending emails of underwear is the same as propositoning kids for sex???
He was not sending e-mails of his underwear, he was sending e-mails of what was in his underwear! Do you understand the difference?

If it is found that he twittered any underage persons with these photos he should be charged as a sex offender, period!

http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/...&utm_term=feed

Quote:
Of all the things he said, none of them were more destructive than when he was asked whether he knew for sure that all of the females he was communicating with were adults. He would only say they were, "to the best of my knowledge."
Even if you take him at his word (and this is the guy who claimed that he couldn't with "certitude" identify a photo of him in his underwear), it's extra sleazy that he would engage in these sort of relationships without even knowing for sure whether he was swapping photos with underage girls.

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Roy, we finally agree! What happens with Weiner is up to his family, his
Associates and his Constituents. The rest is inconsequential.
I don't know whether you read what I wrote, or not. I am sure the right will bring this whole thing up by October, 2012. I don't know what his constituents will remember, though. Allowing someone like him to return would tell me a lot about those who re-elect him.

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I am deeply disappointed in Rep Weiner. I thought that he was, if not better, at least smarter than this. Do you know what tics me off the most about politicians who pull this kind of stuff? It is that they are so willing to throw away all the good they could do for the causes in which they say they believe just to behave like a raunchy 14 year old.....and most 14 year olds I know have more dignity than some of these politicians.

He like many, get egotistical, arrogant and up on their pedestal, looking down on all their subjects.

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Maybe we should make an extra effort to promote and elect competent

WOMEN

since THEY aren't as emotional, as egotistical, as stupid , as immoral as so MANY of these MALE politicians are......
If we elected more women, we'd simply have more stories of infidelity by women coming out.

Any good study done shows that women cheat as much, if not more then men do.

My half of the species is simply worse at hiding it.

Old 06-06-2011, 04:47 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Are you folks not starting to get it yet?

People are inherently selfish, it's engrained in our genes as a survival technique.

So to save his own ass he lied to his wife, the parents of the kids (who vehemently defended him), congress, the American people, the world...

He only made the decision to come clean when there was no choice otherwise.

And he wanted to harp on people at Goldline for being unethical?

You still think your big government candidate is there for you? (snicker)

You are your own worse enemy?

Old 06-06-2011, 04:47 PM

5,342 posts, read 4,430,050 times
Forgot to add..... If I were his wife, Huma, I'd be changing my name to Lorena and taking a drive to Manasass, VA.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 06-06-2011, 04:48 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,138,344 times
So in conclusion, after seeing some of the lib responses, I don't want to hear anything ever again from most of you libson ethics or conduct.

Old 06-06-2011, 04:48 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Is there a difference? I thnk those words are synonymous.
Thank you for more than proving my point.

Old 06-06-2011, 04:49 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,275,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
So...lying, cover up, smearing, accusing others of hacking him are ok with you?
and, at least some of the time spent doing it, on our DIME!

Good example of what some of these guys think of how stupid we are and what all they can get away with at our expense not to mention the emotional cost to his family.

We should have nailed Clinton when we had the chance. That president set a bad precedent. Its kind of like the whole country just agreed to accept any lies we were handed.

If somebody does something like this in their personal life, do you really think they aren't going to lie and cheat the rest of us whenever it serves them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies