Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 01:51 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
What's hilarious is how naive you actuall seem to be. Sure, Palin and the media love to hate on each other, bit don't kid yourself - Sarah LOVES the publicity and attention she gets fron the media. Why shouldn't she? They're an important part of her business plan.

Sarah make huge millions by peddling polulist demagogue rhetoric to moderate-to-extreme right wingers. With this crowd, being pilloried by "the media" is a badge of honor, a form of street cred to portray her image of a strong right wing outsider who is fighting against "the system". It keeps her in the spotlight and lets her go on the counter-offensive, which she (and her fans) love. If her fan base didn't eat all that up, she wouldn't be able to sell them books, TV appearances, and hundred thousand dollar speeches.

So Sarah loves to publicly fight with the media - and her biggest fear would be the day they drop her for some new populist and stop chasing her. Then her fans might grow tired of her dog and pony show and find a new form of entertainment. So Sarah has to stay on the game and keep coming up with more stuff to keep the gullible hooked. It's a "secret" anti-media tour! Tune in tomorrow to find out where she'll pop up next! Watch Sarah brandish a shotgun over a grizzly bear carcass representing the "liberal media"! Oh, the drama!

We're on to this game by now - the one that has probably made her a billionaire by now. Sarah wants to be left alone by the media? Please...that's pretty funny.
Good post and wouldn't it be fun to find out what this freaky millionaire knows about mainstream Americans???LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 01:57 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

Well I am MAINSTREAM America, too and she doesn't represent MY values.

What did she say to remind Americans of what made this country great?

Why can't you answer that???
I'm sorry to tell you but you are not. Conservatives make up about 43% of this nation, liberals about 15%.

Go look up what she has said.

Old 05-31-2011, 02:06 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I'm sorry to tell you but you are not. Conservatives make up about 43% of this nation, liberals about 15%.

You tell 'em. Tell those undesirables to pack their bags and git outta yore country!

Old 05-31-2011, 02:50 PM

Love it.

RealClearPolitics - Video - Palin: "I Don't Think I Owe Anything To The Mainstream Media"

Awww...now Palin is putting the media in danger cause she won't tell them where she's going.

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/05/3...rters-at-risk/

Quote:
But is it really that difficult to follow a caravan on the highway? Unless the Palin bus is driving at warp speed, the answer is pretty obviously no. The most dangerous aspect of following a bus of that size is to keep from getting so anxious that you pass it without checking the lane change first — unless the journalists in question don’t know how to drive on a highway at all, which wouldn’t be Palin’s fault anyway.

Old 05-31-2011, 02:55 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Love it.

RealClearPolitics - Video - Palin: "I Don't Think I Owe Anything To The Mainstream Media"

Awww...now Palin is putting the media in danger cause she won't tell them where she's going.
Oh, no!

Don't tell me palin is going to start her own TV network, radio station, and newspaper/magazine!

I mean, if mainstream media ignores her (which, apparently she wants), how else will she be able to keep her face out there?

Old 05-31-2011, 03:07 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,138,894 times
Quote:

Doesn't that kind of undermine your "conservatives as a persecuted minority" meme?!?!?

Old 05-31-2011, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Doesn't that kind of undermine your "conservatives as a persecuted minority" meme?!?!?
Not at all. Liberals control the media, academia.

Old 05-31-2011, 03:13 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
OK, according to you and Palin:

Mainstream Americans = Good

Mainstream media = Bad

Why is the media, mainstream or otherwise, in "danger" from Palin"????

Trust me, if she disappears, they won't...

Old 05-31-2011, 03:15 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Isn't Faux news mainstream media?

Old 05-31-2011, 03:15 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,138,894 times
Quote:
Not at all. Liberals control the media, academia.
Ummm.. Wow. First you claim liberals are 15% of the country, then you claim that they control the media and academia. We liberals must be a pretty intelligent, successful minority... So few of us with so much power.

It seems if 15% of the country can amass so much power in major industries, that would be a good argument that they know what they are doing... We should listen to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies