Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 01:48 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,993,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
FAIL.. All Drudge said was Obama was booed. The fact that it was displayed under other negative news about the economy doesnt mean they lied..

Do you have a darn clue what links are? Thats like saying Googe lied for reporting on the link..

Here goes Google LYING again Google
Ooh wait, Bing is lying now as well drudge report obama booed - Bing

You people are too much...
pqhquest !!! ... On The Money !

Indeed ... It is absolutely incredible just how pitiful these blighters truly appear to be ! Perhaps completely bonkers and happy to be so !
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH !

Cheers / Old Sgt. Lamar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 01:51 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,087,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
The difference is, Drudge and other bullies are on a daily attack and MSNBC just answers these attacks.
I dont think I've read anything funnier here on cd, and I've read lots of postings.

MSNBC, spends ALL DAY attacking the right wingers.. Hell, their whole channel is dedicated to reporting on what Fox is reporting on and various other medias..

For the life of me I cant understand how anyone thinks its news, to report on what another channel is reporting on..

Old 06-04-2011, 04:31 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,931,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I dont think I've read anything funnier here on cd, and I've read lots of postings.
MSNBC, spends ALL DAY attacking the right wingers.. Hell, their whole channel is dedicated to reporting on what Fox is reporting on and various other medias..
For the life of me I cant understand how anyone thinks its news, to report on what another channel is reporting on..
Attacking Fox? Yes. News? I don't remember saying that (I'll take your word that I suggested that) however any true fact brought up on either side is news to me.
MSNBC is opinion when it brings up an issue on its own. It MOSTLY responds to Fox etal as someone would to a con artist - with skepticism. That's its function (long delayed from the inception of right-wing talk some 25 years ago).
Besides there can be "news" in opinion pieces. Bringing up facts of any kind, which counter Fox or anyone else IS news as far as I'm concerned.
You used the phrase "report on..." which suggests a news content.
You seemed to take offense at MSNBC. Is that because Fox is fair and balanced? If it is I stand corrected...

Old 06-04-2011, 04:37 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,969,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
The Drudge Report carries a headline "O booed" among others related to President Obama's visit today to the Chrysler plant in Detroit.

But, if you read the linked story (which Drudge no doubt knows many of his readers will not bother to do), you'll learn the workers at the plant booed good-naturedly in response to Obama cracking a joke about the economy and their cars. Obama said the economy was so tough, a Jeep Wrangler would have a hard time getting through it.

So the casual reader is left with the deliberate false impression that the president was booed because of his policies.

Just another lie from the Drudge Report.

President Obama: Economy on bumpy 'road to recovery' - Abby Phillip - POLITICO.com
He DID get booed, so it's not a lie.

What is good-natured booing anyway. Sounds a little subjective to me.

Old 06-04-2011, 05:13 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,931,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
He DID get booed, so it's not a lie.
What is good-natured booing anyway. Sounds a little subjective to me.
Context, Ringwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies