Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Rep. Anthony Weiner resign from Congress?
yes 113 71.97%
no 38 24.20%
other 3 1.91%
not sure 3 1.91%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 05:41 PM

1,495 posts, read 2,300,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
When asked to comment about Rep. Wiener's conduct, 0bama said if it were him, he would resign.

So let me get this straight, 0bama just admitted there was no such thing as a shovel ready job, and he blew almost a trillion taxpayer dollars on the stimulus bills, and his stimulus also did not keep unemployment below 8%, and we are still bombing Libya... but he would resign if he twittered a photo of himself in boxer shorts?????

Which acts of misjudgement were worse for the nation? Hmmmm, blowing a few trillion taxpayer dollars on failed, moronic economic policy decisions, or tweeting a photo of your boxers???

Obama Jokes at Jobs Council: 'Shovel-Ready Was Not as Shovel-Ready as We Expected' - Stimulus - Fox Nation

Obama: If I were Weiner, I'd resign | Philadelphia Inquirer | 06/14/2011
Excellent piece of creative writing. Pretty imaginative. You should submit it to the New Yorker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 05:54 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Long ago? We had years of low unemployment, since 0bama has been president we have a future of high unemployment, and he has equaled Bush's eight years of deficits into three of 0bama's.

Remember, it was 0bama who said he would resign over something as silly as photos of him in his boxers, he set the bar, not I.
Comes a time in life where you have to put blame where it is due and sorry charlies, but Obama is too blame. Too much has happened under his watch, no other person, Obama. The worse housing criris ever, i know many bankers, and real estate agents, and loan agents, the worse under Obama, and still way too many foreclosures listed. Values of homes plummenting as i type, down down down. The President can spend, unlike what he said in many speeches while he was campaigining, how do i know, taped him so that we could play him back. Unemployment under Obama i know 14 familes who have lost jobs, and a home. Very sad situation. Obama took on more then he could chew when he promised a new era of HOPE AND CHANGE, cause no he can't.

Old 06-14-2011, 07:25 PM

313 posts, read 393,651 times
I think he will resign by this Friday. Even Obama feels he should.

Old 06-15-2011, 03:14 AM

3,718 posts, read 5,697,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
If it's WRONG then it is everyones business isnt it?
Haha, exactly!

Old 06-15-2011, 09:44 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_cat View Post
Excellent piece of creative writing. Pretty imaginative. You should submit it to the New Yorker.
I can only assume, that if 0bama were Clinton, he would have felt personally embarrassed, over his poor judgment with the Monica sex scandal, and resigned, even though no damage was done to the nation. Besides the people feeling a bit embarrassed with a womanizing president, this sex scandal would not have affected the lives of the people of the nation.

But, when 0bama's policies have cost the nation around $4 trillion in debt, caused the economy to sputter, the housing market to double dip, and gotten us into a third war.... these do negatively affect the entire nation, and yet he thinks he deserves to be reelected.

I'm sending 0bama a digital camera and an application for a Twitter account, and I'll hope for the best.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:46 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Be nice to see them both resign!
As long as he takes Crazy Joe with him.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:51 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
I felt the same way during 8 years of Bush/Cheney....

Good point!

We could have imposed cap and trade and massive deficit spending back in 2001 and got started destroying the economy much earlier.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:54 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
As long as he takes Crazy Joe with him.
ahhh, good old Joe. Failure seems to be a resume enhancement for dems, biden failed to stop waste a fraud with the Stimulus money, and 0bama just put Joe in charge of cutting waste in the entire government.

WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama announced a new effort Monday to eliminate government waste and named his vice president to lead it.

Obama signed an executive order that creates an oversight board to work with federal departments and agencies to cut waste and improve performance. Vice President Joe Biden will meet regularly with Cabinet secretaries to chart progress.

Old 06-15-2011, 01:15 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Default donkey and elephant show

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Why should he resign? you Conservatives are more obsessed with the sex acts of politicians than actual policies!
The only reason the liberals are obsessed with the sex act is because Anthony Weiner is a republican. [edit] ( oops, he's a dem...i'd heard he is a pub...my mistake, but the rest still stands as I see it.) See Clinton scandal and he remained in office not asked to step down, to know that's true.

The bar has been lowered on the scale of integrity of the American people by the American people. I saw it then and I see it again now.

Apparently those who represent us can do and get by with anything they want to do, just don't lie about it.

It isn't the acts of sex that bothers me, but the lack of respect they both have shown for their positions as well as the lack of respect shown by the American people.

What happened during Clinton's time in the Oval Office, I will never see that office in the same light ever again. Neither will I see America the same as we just said, no big deal.

Wiener's sex acts?...it's no big deal. Precedents were set many years ago, to know that's true.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 06-15-2011 at 01:20 PM.. Reason: edit Oops

Old 06-15-2011, 02:14 PM

313 posts, read 393,651 times
Weiner, himself, made this a big topic in the news media. Spending a week lying just made it worse...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies