Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 02:08 PM

1,495 posts, read 2,300,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
What does wealth have to do with Democracy? Poor people can vote too you know.
Ever heard of campaigns? Propaganda? You know, the stuff you keep coughing up? Well I guess you wouldn't understand that process, or else you would have risen above it and started asking questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2011, 02:10 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secchamps98 View Post
I will pass, I would rather have high inspirations where others can be happy and content where they are in life....those who work can be successful....I have had plenty, simply by hard work and perseverence ...
My reality is what I want to make of it...
You make alot of sense. More people should realize what you have been saying. Hard work and perseverence is what it takes. I have a good friend that found himself on unemployment and was there for over a year and a half. He put himself through a trade school to change careers. When he got out he was starting to get disappointed that he wasn't able to find a job. He knew though, that if he kept trying and perservering, he would come out on top. Within 2 weeks of him moving back here to NJ he found a good paying job. His perserverence is what did it, he didn't quit, he showed up everywhere and anywhere there was a job prospect. He showed these people that he had it in him to do what it takes and it worked. That same principle works for your financial and overall life sitautions as well. Having higher asperations will always pay off as long as you work hard and give yourself the opportunity to achieve them. I respect anybody who does this or atleast puts honest effort into it.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:11 PM

1,432 posts, read 1,092,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_cat View Post
It's like the past seven pages never even happened. Back to square one: winners versus "loosers" (not singling you out, lots of people make this mistake, but I always love the irony of it ).
I am not sue what you mean. Not a mistake. People who work hard, take advantage of things do well....people who make choices, who don't work hard typically don't do well. There are otehrs who don't do well beyond their control....and none of this cahnges my mind. People who work hard, should be able to keep the lions share of theri money, wheteher it is income and invested wealth. People should be acountable for their wn lives ...and people can certainly donate money if they want, but the wealthy should mot be forced to pay someone elses bills..I see that as synonomous as stealing...

Old 06-08-2011, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Ever heard of campaigns? Propaganda? You know, the stuff you keep coughing up? Well I guess you wouldn't understand that process, or else you would have risen above it and started asking questions.
Well, that is a huge problem in America. Too many stupid voters out there who have no clue what the real issues are and they vote for the most money spent on a campaign, like that even matters. If people would just do their own thinking instead of letting the media and others do it for them, campaign money would be a non issue.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:12 PM

1,432 posts, read 1,092,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
You make alot of sense. More people should realize what you have been saying. Hard work and perseverence is what it takes. I have a good friend that found himself on unemployment and was there for over a year and a half. He put himself through a trade school to change careers. When he got out he was starting to get disappointed that he wasn't able to find a job. He knew though, that if he kept trying and perservering, he would come out on top. Within 2 weeks of him moving back here to NJ he found a good paying job. His perserverence is what did it, he didn't quit, he showed up everywhere and anywhere there was a job prospect. He showed these people that he had it in him to do what it takes and it worked. That same principle works for your financial and overall life sitautions as well. Having higher asperations will always pay off as long as you work hard and give yourself the opportunity to achieve them. I respect anybody who does this or atleast puts honest effort into it.
Thank you. Now if more of that minset could spread across America...

Old 06-08-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
I am not sue what you mean. Not a mistake.
The word is spelled loser, not looser. I was just having a little harmless fun with that.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Thank you. Now if more of that minset could spread across America...
I know, many problems would just disappear or get easier to deal with.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:16 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
So what do you propose to do to prevent a massive wave of hunger and homelessness? If you don't have a solution in mind, then I think it's safe to assume that you just don't care.
JOBS

Do you really think making others poorer, cures hunger and homelessness?

Old 06-08-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
JOBS
Oh, so you're a Democrat, too. You're right, we do need to create a new WPA.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:18 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
You dont think making claims, like not taking from people, will lead to massive homeless ness and starvation, is propaganda?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies