Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 10:16 AM

1,027 posts, read 824,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
While I'm pro-choice, this is a sticking point for me. The woman does get full control over something that could affect a man's life for 18+ years. Definitely not fair; I'm a woman, but that "it's my body" claim is bull.

Birth control isn't fool-proof, but since a man knows that he will be on the hook, if he doesn't want children, he really should get a vasectomy until he's ready to start a family. Yes, it comes at a cost, but it's cheaper than child support.

Radical idea but I think that, except in the case of rape, if a woman gets pregnant w/o benefit of marriage, she should not be able to collect child support or welfare. Child support should only be for those women who had children before the breakdown of a marriage, spousal death, etc. Maybe this will slow down on the number of single mothers in the US.

Oddly I agree with this!

But having males say "I didn't want the baby" then not paying for it is laughable.

Outside of marriage you could say the female knew the risks. But that would only HELP pro-choice since women wouldn't be able to extort men like that so the Republicans would NEVER allow this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
And I'm not trying to control what she does with her body. I said I'm pro-choice.

But if she wants to raise a baby so badly and the male doesn't, she should pay for it by herself.

Birth control can fail.

And you're missing the point. The point is what I said on my OP. A female can get out of paying for a baby she doesn't want, so a male should be able to.

Why can females force a male to pay but males can't force a female to pay?

Note: I'm not saying males should force females to pay. I'm just saying females shouldn't force males to pay. No one should force anyone to pay.
It's not females forcing the male to pay....a LOT of males don't...it's society that demands the moral obligation to support your children...no problem if you just suit up.......many women raise their children on their own, and that's a lot harder than just forking out some money every month to support the child you created.

6,041 posts, read 11,473,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I agree...it does seem like the guy gets 'the shaft' when it comes to these decisions.

I'm going to make it really easy for you:

If you don't want to pay for a baby, don't have sex.
I'm celibate.

But that's because of the risk of pregnancy.

Do you really think it's fair that I need to stay celibate forever but a female that doesn't want a baby has no worries because she can get an abortion?

Old 06-09-2011, 10:18 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
I'm celibate.

Do you really think it's fair that I need to stay celibate forever but a female that doesn't want a baby has no worries because she can get an abortion?
She is the one who has to carry it and risk her life to carry and deliver it, so YES, I do think it's fair.

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
Obviously you people are missing the point, so why don't I explain:

I am not trying to control what a female does.

The thought of parenthood devastates me so I'm thinking from this point of view:

If a female wants to get an abortion, she should. I support abortion. I can see why someone wouldn't want a baby.

But if the male doesn't want to pay, why should he?

Why can a female have all the sex she wants and get off scot free, but the male takes a risk every time he has sex?

If a female wants a baby, she can go ahead and have the baby. But the male shouldn't need to pay. The female can make the choice of whether or not she wants to pay, so the male should be able to make the same choice.
Heterosexual sex is inherently risky.

So if you don't want to be a daddy...

Have a vasectomy.

Or.... always wear good quality condoms and use spermicide.

Or... don't have sex.

The choices are yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirector View Post
Oddly I agree with this!

But having males say "I didn't want the baby" then not paying for it is laughable.

Outside of marriage you could say the female knew the risks. But that would only HELP pro-choice since women wouldn't be able to extort men like that so the Republicans would NEVER allow this.
And supposedly the Republicans hate women and favor men, so I don't understand why the Republicans want to extort men.

Quote:
I'm celibate.

Whats your point then?

Why bring this up.

are you anti abortion?

are you saying men should be able to tell women to get or not get abortions?

Or are you saying men should be able to choose when to pay child support?

Has to be one of the 3

Old 06-09-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Heterosexual sex is inherently risky.

So if you don't want to be a daddy...

Have a vasectomy.

Or.... always wear good quality condoms and use spermicide.

Or... don't have sex.

The choices are yours.
But a female can have sex and not need to worry about anything.

A male is taking a risk if he has sex (no matter how many precautions he takes)

Old 06-09-2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
And supposedly the Republicans hate women and favor men, so I don't understand why the Republicans want to extort men.

They dont "HATE" women...mostly.

But this would not be in line with "Family Values" so it would get no support from them.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:20 AM

1,081 posts, read 916,241 times
Change the slogan to "My body, my choice, his wallet."
The system is crap if you're a guy. A busted condom will change everything for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies