Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2011, 10:20 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,750,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Exactly what it meant.
Go read the posting history of the poster you quoted to gain the insight, etc......
I see...."unprotected sex" person?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 10:22 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I see...."unprotected sex" person?
Yes, plus a whole lot more.
You seem to be an intelligent, insightful, thoughtful poster, I will let you draw your own conclusions.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:24 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,750,800 times
Quote:
Yes, plus a whole lot more.
You seem to be an intelligent thoughtful poster, I will let you draw your own conclusions.
Yeah, done and DONE.

I could have a more productive discussion with a brick wall. Actually, repeatedly ramming my head into said brick wall would be more productive.

Thanks for the heads up.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Yeah, done and DONE.

I could have a more productive discussion with a brick wall. Actually, repeatedly ramming my head into said brick wall would be more productive.

Thanks for the heads up.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:35 PM

399 posts, read 1,803,407 times
The fact that this thread has reached 68 pages in less than a week tells me that, at the very least, the OP has raised an interesting, and clearly debatable, issue.

Quote:
Go read the posting history of the poster you quoted to gain the insight, etc......
Repeatedly attacking the poster, rather than the poster's idea, shows that you lack either the intellectual integrity or the basic reasoning ability necessary to engage in a logical, adult conversation. Practically any member of any high school debate team can identify an ad hominem argument. It is an argument which holds not a drop of water.

And for one who puts such emphasis on maturity, you certainly have not done very well displaying your own. It would only be through an act of great charity that you'd be allowed to debate at the high school level, and even then, I'm afraid you'd lose.

You need to attack the poster's point, not the poster.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHenrySDM View Post
The fact that this thread has reached 68 pages in less than a week tells me that, at the very least, the OP has raised an interesting, and clearly debatable, issue.

Repeatedly attacking the poster, rather than the poster's idea, shows that you lack either the intellectual integrity or the basic reasoning ability necessary to engage in a logical, adult conversation. Practically any member of any high school debate team can identify an ad hominem argument. It is an argument which holds not a drop of water.

And for one who puts such emphasis on maturity, you certainly have not done very well displaying your own. It would only be through an act of great charity that you'd be allowed to debate at the high school level, and even then, I'm afraid you'd lose.
Obviously, you have failed to read the entire thread.
Ad hominem, straw-man, deflection was introduced about 62 pages ago.
Your point would be.......what?

Old 06-15-2011, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Obviously, you have failed to read the entire thread.
Ad hominem, straw-man, deflection was introduced about 62 pages ago.
Your point would be.......what?
Ok, guilty as charged. I read the first 12, then skipped to page 66.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:41 PM

But if you understand those concepts, why are you still arguing like a child?

Old 06-15-2011, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Ok, guilty as charged. I read the first 12, then skipped to page 66.
One has to read the entire thread, and understand the various stances of the OP, plus other long-time posters here, to truly understand what is happening on this thread.
I commend your jumping in, but without all the background history....I'm sure you can draw your own conclusions.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:45 PM

Quote:
But if you understand those concepts, why are you still arguing like a child?
Because the OP is a child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies