Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever had an abortion?
Yes 52 18.98%
No 89 32.48%
N/A- I'm a man & will never be pregnant. 133 48.54%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 05:54 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BingCherry View Post
I haven't read this thread because there don't seem to be very many intelligent responses about how we can assist women AND men with their sexual health.""""

You sure seem awfully interested in OTHER people's sexual health.....hmmmmm...

"""Abortions will ALWAYS be legal. No one cares if you are "for them" or not. They are legal and that will never change. Women get to make choices about their bodies.

What would be nice, now, is if the abortion process were refined. It IS true. Abortionists are VASTLY in it for the money. It's a nasty business and women, who were somewhat indecisive in the first place, are greatly pressured. It's like a mill. No pretty way to say it. Women are also pressured a LOT by their families and spouses. Now this has to stop. """

You're right...NOSEY BUSYBODYS should quit pressuring women to have babies .

""""Perhaps the first step would be to talk about it. Education. Express to young men and people that women make their own choices and what's MORE taboo than the actual abortion itself is the fact that people ARE preying on pregnant women. That's not much of a choice.
"""Abortionists are VASTLY in it for the money"""

"Vastly"??? provide data!!!!!

??? So HOW exactly is providing a service for profit wrong?

MANY people do it....it's not illegal.

How would the clinic be built, furnished, supplied, stocked with equipment, how would doctors be paid, pay off their student loans, ...you REALLY believe in the magic fairy????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 06:01 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
I don't think most Dr's pressure anyone into an abortion. The women seek them out because they WANT ONE and the Dr is in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" position if women later claim they didn't REALLY want one or were under duress. How can you tell if someone is under duress if they tell you they aren't? Dr's are never going to know these women personally or what they are like under regular circumstance. Blaming a Dr for doing something you asked him to do when you have to legal right and access is insane. If you regret a decision then you live with it and don't blame the Dr.

I do think that husbands and families can put pressure on women though, but you know what? That's not my concern here. Pressure is put on people to do things all the fracking time, good and bad, even to have kids they don't want! But ultimately the only one responsible for anything is the individual.

We can't be worrying about family dynamics when nothing illegal is being done.

Old 06-24-2011, 06:13 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
You keep repeating in this thread that your sperm works and that you don't want to add to the gene pool. How do you know that your sperm works if you haven't impregnated anyone? It's not normal to go around testing it in a lab if you're not in a relationship activity trying to get pregnant (as a couple) and can't. By your own admission you have no desire to be in a relationship. Having a low sex drive, by the way, in nature's way of thinning the gene pool.
Because I visit doctors and have physicals and other examinations to make sure I'm a healthy male. If you haven't noticed too many people get blind sided with medical conditions they could have found out way before if they'd just paid more attention or had someone else pay more attention.

See how personal responsibility works?

Old 06-24-2011, 06:17 PM

Quote:
I haven't read this thread because there don't seem to be very many intelligent responses about how we can assist women AND men with their sexual health.

Abortions will ALWAYS be legal. No one cares if you are "for them" or not. They are legal and that will never change. Women get to make choices about their bodies.

What would be nice, now, is if the abortion process were refined. It IS true. Abortionists are VASTLY in it for the money. It's a nasty business and women, who were somewhat indecisive in the first place, are greatly pressured. It's like a mill. No pretty way to say it. Women are also pressured a LOT by their families and spouses. Now this has to stop. Perhaps the first step would be to talk about it. Education. Express to young men and people that women make their own choices and what's MORE taboo than the actual abortion itself is the fact that people ARE preying on pregnant women. That's not much of a choice.
Yeah, those poor innocent women all made up of sugar and spice being completely manipulated by evil men and the rest of the world.

Virtually no one still believes this fantasy. Women are some of the most conniving creatures on earth. They're the drivers of procreation and evolution requires that for them to make it to the top of the food chain.

Old 06-24-2011, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
"""Abortionists are VASTLY in it for the money"""

"Vastly"??? provide data!!!!!

??? So HOW exactly is providing a service for profit wrong?

MANY people do it....it's not illegal.

How would the clinic be built, furnished, supplied, stocked with equipment, how would doctors be paid, pay off their student loans, ...you REALLY believe in the magic fairy????
The banks and CEO's are bad and abortionist are good and only make a profit to help women more. You folks have a serious disconnect with your arguments.

Old 06-24-2011, 06:34 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
I haven't read this thread because there don't seem to be very many intelligent responses about how we can assist women AND men with their sexual health.

Abortions will ALWAYS be legal. No one cares if you are "for them" or not. They are legal and that will never change. Women get to make choices about their bodies.

What would be nice, now, is if the abortion process were refined. It IS true. Abortionists are VASTLY in it for the money. It's a nasty business and women, who were somewhat indecisive in the first place, are greatly pressured. It's like a mill. No pretty way to say it. Women are also pressured a LOT by their families and spouses. Now this has to stop. Perhaps the first step would be to talk about it. Education. Express to young men and people that women make their own choices and what's MORE taboo than the actual abortion itself is the fact that people ARE preying on pregnant women. That's not much of a choice.
Do you have any proof of your premise that women are being preyed upon, and pressured into abortions.
I think it's the exact opposite, unless you are talking about PP. We, as a society, offer many other choices, just so she knows she does have other options. We pay her to raise the child, or we go after the father, or both. We also offer assistance thru social services, pro-life groups, and churches.
I'm not clear about what you are saying.

Old 06-24-2011, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Do you have any proof of your premise that women are being preyed upon, and pressured into abortions.
I think it's the exact opposite, unless you are talking about PP. We, as a society, offer many other choices, just so she knows she does have other options. We pay her to raise the child, or we go after the father, or both. We also offer assistance thru social services, pro-life groups, and churches.
I'm not clear about what you are saying.
She didn't learn that at the bar with her newest conquest.

She didn't learn that at the club chasing after her newest, richest, conquest.

She learned all that at the welfare office once she was already in the system. She learned that by it adding to her payday.

She learned she doesn't have to care at all about choices because later she can void that choice like a bad check with a small cancelled check fee.

She learned that if she can have a baby with a rich man the token part of it is removed mentally when the money starts coming in or if she gets a divorce and now half of all that is hers, no matter what she did to help the temporary situation she got herself into on purpose.

Basically the government reinforces the negative actions of women like bad parents and a drug addict.

This doesn't mean they don't do the same for men, just in different ways.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:05 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
The banks and CEO's are bad and abortionist are good and only make a profit to help women more. You folks have a serious disconnect with your arguments.
You "folks" have a serious lack of understanding of honest profit and crooks.....not unexpected...

If bankers and CEOs are honest....why aren't people who perform abortions?

Old 06-24-2011, 07:10 PM

Quote:
You "folks" have a serious lack of understanding of honest profit and crooks.....not unexpected...

That was your argument, fail.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:16 PM

Quote:

Let me ask you something miss sugar and spice everything nice. In other words Who?Me?

If a baby is parasitic because it feeds off the mother and the mother is parasitic because she feeds off her resource planet, what's the difference in murder and the aborting of a parasite? (those are "rights" given by other people and have absolutely nothing to do with nature's laws)

If the requirement for it not to be murder is that it isn't born yet. That would mean that being born changes something, which it doesn't. A parasite feeding off another parasite (common in nature) is no different at all.

Last edited by BigJon3475; 06-24-2011 at 07:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies