Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 07:08 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
You get Oh Hi O too, for being land locked, but you can sneak out thru W.By God Va can't ya? Mebbe I need to look at a map.

Oh yeah, 'MAP' that 3 letters to be more modern

Just in case your young, MAP is the old fashion GPS. LOL
Oh I'm very well versed in the map of the U.S. Yes true NH is landlocked by liberalism, at least I have the option of escaping through WV but just on one side, which would be west panhandle.

At least your state is not being invaded by 2nd Amendment hating liberals and moderates from NY, MD, and NJ. I think I also heard PA is the only state in the Northeast not cooperating in a regional carbon-tax scheme
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 07:15 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Oh I'm very well versed in the map of the U.S. Yes true NH is landlocked by liberalism, at least I have the option of escaping through WV but just on one side, which would be west panhandle.

At least your state is not being invaded by 2nd Amendment hating liberals and moderates from NY, MD, and NJ. I think I also heard PA is the only state in the Northeast not cooperating in a regional carbon-tax scheme
Well I don't know about that. They come, they see, and then they leave crying, usually since winter is mean and nasty, and no one will talk to them for a year, unless they move into a City!

I am a rollin stone myself, and any time I move to a new location where I am not known I know no one will talk to me for a year. I like it that way.

The last time that happened, since I been here since winter 06, and still no one talks to me, was up on the mountain. The old geezer 1 mile off came to see the newbie.

I was just moved into the trailer from Hell. The tub was falling thru the floor and that tub had dead rodents in it! Man that place was real rural.

I was a little upset a old geezer local would even come to see me split wood. He stepped out of his rig and leaned on it placing his hands on his hips.

I was splitting a semi circle of hard wood logs cut stove size, and I just kept splitting till that round was done.

I looked at the Buzzard and said 'May I help you?', knowing he wasn't gonna answer such a foolish question. He said 'Boy (I was around 46) You got any ideer whar's yer at?

I had him! Yes Sir! last winter was pretty rough huh? I lived 6 miles south of here the way the crow flies, in a tee pee in Canaan Valley. Man I thought he was gonna break down and cry

We made the best of friends after that.

Last edited by Mac_Muz; 06-21-2011 at 07:24 PM..

Old 06-21-2011, 07:59 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Oh he does, but then he would have to explain my demise to my wife, and then his wife might not get happy. You know what happens to a guy who gets no happy right?
Nope, not messing with wife's....skilz or not....not gonna happen....and my wife said I could say that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-22-2011, 05:52 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,912,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
If you read my post carefully, you might be able to see that what I argue against most strongly is the idea of "shoot first, ask later", I suppose what I *really* oppose is Castle Doctrine laws.
Are you against all self defense or just self defense when in the home?

Quote:
I think gun laws in the us are far too liberal, and I don't think the "founding fathers" would be able to comprehend quite the arsenal that's available today, nor it's destructiveness. As it's stands, I also think the 2nd amendments purpose is moot, but that's another issue.
At the time 2nd Amendment was written, regular citizens could own full military weapons if they could afford to. All the way up to cannons. It wasn't until the 1930's when machine guns were regulated that we started down this path.

If you think the 2nd Amendment is moot, then start another thread. I'd like to hear your views.

Quote:
Most of the firearms in circulation in Mexico today were at some point legally procured in the US.
Completely and totally wrong. Report Shatters Myth of Mexico’s Gun Supply | NSSF Blog sites the Government Accountability Office report of June 2009.

I'm still looking for another report that includes the number of guns legally sold to Mexican government agencies that were used in criminal acts and recovered. This was a recent number and one that I don't think either government wanted released.

Old 06-22-2011, 06:03 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]A short barreled shotgun was during colonial times and still is one of the most effective close range weapons ever made. I consider shooting first at a home invader to be the only acceptable action. The guy is breaking into my home so I should ask his intentions? Do you think anyone is that crazy? The invader has clearly showed his intentions.

I think the core of the gun controllers is they think killing another human being is the greatest sin. I disagree. I think the greatest sin is to allow yourself and your family to be harmed is the greatest sin. Killing a home invader is an acceptable cost of protecting yourself.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:18 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouCannotBeSerious! View Post

Whatever the numbers, the US has to stand up and recognise that its wealth, massive drug consumption and easy availabilty of weaponary has conspired to completely screw up Mexico.
No...Mexico should police it's borders better.

No-one who believes the weapons used by the drug cartels comes from the USA ever explains how they get RPG's,grenades and machine guns....

Old 06-22-2011, 09:03 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,912,795 times
Quote:
That's not a biased "report" is it?

Try this one:

Counting Mexico’s Guns | FactCheck.org
My link does cite numbers from the GAO report. Comparing my link to yours, they both have similar numbers. Why the negativity to my "report"? Do you not like the easily readable pie chart?

Quote:
Whatever the numbers, the US has to stand up and recognise that its wealth, massive drug consumption and easy availabilty of weaponary has conspired to completely screw up Mexico.
Wealth? Really? Our success is responsible for Mexico's failure? How about Mexico's inability to police it's own population is their fault. If they secured their borders as well as stopped the drug producers then they wouldn't have the issues that they do. But when the police are just as corrupt as the criminals, then things are difficult.

Old 06-22-2011, 09:42 AM

45,411 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Mexico has been dysfunctional since oh, ever since Cortez conquered the Aztecs.

Old 06-22-2011, 12:05 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,346,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Are you against all self defense or just self defense when in the home?

At the time 2nd Amendment was written, regular citizens could own full military weapons if they could afford to. All the way up to cannons. It wasn't until the 1930's when machine guns were regulated that we started down this path.

If you think the 2nd Amendment is moot, then start another thread. I'd like to hear your views.

Completely and totally wrong. Report Shatters Myth of Mexico’s Gun Supply | NSSF Blog sites the Government Accountability Office report of June 2009.

I'm still looking for another report that includes the number of guns legally sold to Mexican government agencies that were used in criminal acts and recovered. This was a recent number and one that I don't think either government wanted released.
Where did I say I was against self defense? Feel free to quote.

I'd argue that most military weapons of the day were less lethal than the arsenal available to the consumer in the US in present time. I stand by my statement.

I think the 2nd Amendment is moot because there is no significant resistance even well armed citizens can put up to the US Army. I don't need a new thread to write that.

I'll study your link more later but immediately, I'd say there's other numbers disputing that, some posted as a response to you.

Whether the guns were sold to the Mexican government or not is irrelevant, the origin would still be the US.

Old 06-22-2011, 12:39 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Quote:

I'd argue that most military weapons of the day were less lethal than the arsenal available to the consumer in the US in present time. I stand by my statement.
It was perfectly okay for private citizens to own warships,cannons and the like...and considering the Army of the time were probably better armed.

Quote:
I think the 2nd Amendment is moot because there is no significant resistance even well armed citizens can put up to the US Army. I don't need a new thread to write that.
You mean a group armed with small arms cannot fight against the US military?Like is happening in Afghanistan right now?

Quote:
Whether the guns were sold to the Mexican government or not is irrelevant, the origin would still be the US.
Yes,that is true,hence the reason you should not take the info at face value....
The USA arms the Mexican government.

The Drug Cartels own parts of the Mexican government-mainly local police forces and parts of the military(Zetas were afterall a Mexican Army unit originally).

So the weapons are indeed coming from the USA,just not how one would first think.

Then there is the small matter of the cartels being armed with automatic weapons,RPG's and grenades...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies