Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 11:02 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,012,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
That is my point most aren't police brutality. Knocking somebody around to get the cuffs on em or hitting em with a tazer to stop em isn't brutality. Unless they're going to kill the cop or someone? Are police mind readers now? If a cop orders some guy they just pulled over in a high speed chase and the guy reaches into his pockets I'm not gonna wait and see what he pulls out. He either gets a taze or tackled to the ground.
I'm talking about the countless police brutality videos. And for every one you do see, how many do we not see? Police brutality is a real problem and I think it has a lot to do with cops being shot so much lately. No trusts them anymore. The bad ones have ruined it for the good ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 11:08 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
I'm torn on this one because my LEO brother was almost killed by someone who took him from behind while he was affect the same type of residential vehicle stop and arrest. He ended up struggling with both of them until back up arrived and shot the assailent dead.

Now I know this is a somewhat different situation, however I can understand the LEO sentiment. The female is on her property but it is accessable to the general public. If she had just went back to her porch and continued filming this event would not have escalated.

This is what happens when LEO's start to feel attacked from all angles.
It is 1000 times harder to do an LEO's job in this PC world we live in than it used to be. thank you Rodney King and the LA PD.

Now that being stated this was a young cop with a chip on his shoulder. What a great moment to engage the video taker and make everyone feel good. Community Policing has been tossed out the window in a lot of jurisdictions.

Plenty of blame to go around on both sides of this camera. This lady wanted a confrontation and she got it. Be careful what you ask for you may get it.
Yeah but this guy had what three or four other officers with him and I didn't hear any of them feel threatened by this lady in her yard. What do they think will happen when a bunch of cop cars show up at night with lights blaring? Of course folks will come out to see what's going on.

I agree with you on the "community policing" that used to be done. I can't remember how many times when I was a kid doing something stupid and a cop would show up and give you a talking to and off you went. Hell back in the day we would drive around drinking and cop pulled you over and they'd dump out all your booze and tell you to go home and if he sees you out again your going to jail. That was back in the open container days though too. Shoot now I can't even get a warning for going 30 in a 25. $100 bucks stolen from me.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:08 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,308,340 times
Cops are going to have to get used to being video taped. Everyone has a camera phone these days and that is not going to change. I hope the woman sues. It would be different if she were standing right behind the cop and he could legitimately fear her jumping him when his back was turned but that was clearly not the case here. I'm just surprised the cop didn't conficate the camera and delete the video too.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:10 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,738,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Cops have changed from our protectors to our keepers. They have been taught to fear civilian witnesses more than the criminals they are supposedly arresting.

true.. just imagine what those cops would have done to the person at the rodney king beating if they had seen him,her filming them

we are turning into a gestapo nation..

31,292 posts, read 20,756,723 times
Quote:

Plenty of blame to go around on both sides of this camera. This lady wanted a confrontation and she got it. Be careful what you ask for you may get it.
No, she didn't. She just wanted to film the action. The cop made it confrontational and she didn't back down.

The cop could have handled the situation much better.

19,226 posts, read 15,330,973 times
The cop probably just wanted to have sex with the suspect.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:14 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
No, she didn't. She just wanted to film the action. The cop made it confrontational and she didn't back down.

The cop could have handled the situation much better.
Obviously you did not read and understand my whole post. Thats ok, kind of the same situation in the OP video. No understanding on each side of the camera.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:16 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
The cop probably just wanted to have sex with the suspect.

Maybe

Old 06-22-2011, 11:43 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,961,670 times
The lady should sue, call the ACLU and also file a civil lawsuit against the officer. The officer had no legal justification for the arrest or entering her property. The lady was never behind him as he asserts and if she were behind him before the video was recording, she retreated to her personal property and the public side walk. She never made threats brandished a waepon, cursed, or was unruly in any way.

The officer was pissed for two reasons, he did not want an objective recording of their actions that may have been used against them later if they violated the rights of the suspect they had in custody; and he did not like that the woman would assert her constitutional rights and state that she was on her private property and did not have to go into the house, as if she were a little child.

More and more officers are bringing shame to this profession, and I think it will only get worse. A sergeant of mine once told me, "you can't control anyone untill you learn to control yourself, your fears, and your prejudices". They don't make them like that anymore.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:48 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,330,973 times
Quote:
Maybe
You know damn well that cops protect their right to privacy.

There's GOT to be a reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies