Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 06:39 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times

Advertisements

MILLER: D.C. businessman faces two years in jail for unregistered ammunition, brass casing - Washington Times

quote" "Police based their search on a charge made by Mr. Witaschek’s estranged wife, who had earlier convinced a court clerk to issue a temporary restraining order against her husband for threatening her with a gun, although a judge later found the charge to be without merit."

quote: " a successful financial adviser with no criminal record, is facing two years in prison for possession of unregistered ammunition.
quote: "The police shut down the streets for blocks and spent more than two hours going over every inch of his house. “They tossed the place,”
quote: " The police found no guns in the house, but did write on the warrant that four items were discovered: “One live round of 12-gauge shotgun ammunition,” which was an inoperable shell
What???????

I can't believe what I just read, pitiful. Land of the free yeah right. Anti gun nuts coupled with overly PC domesticated violence laws.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 08:29 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
MILLER: D.C. businessman faces two years in jail for unregistered ammunition, brass casing - Washington Times

quote" "Police based their search on a charge made by Mr. Witaschek’s estranged wife, who had earlier convinced a court clerk to issue a temporary restraining order against her husband for threatening her with a gun, although a judge later found the charge to be without merit."

quote: " a successful financial adviser with no criminal record, is facing two years in prison for possession of unregistered ammunition.
quote: "The police shut down the streets for blocks and spent more than two hours going over every inch of his house. “They tossed the place,”
quote: " The police found no guns in the house, but did write on the warrant that four items were discovered: “One live round of 12-gauge shotgun ammunition,” which was an inoperable shell
What???????

I can't believe what I just read, pitiful. Land of the free yeah right. Anti gun nuts coupled with overly PC domesticated violence laws.

Who gets to decide which domestic violence call has merit? Once the clerk was involved she had to do Due dilligance. If she had not, then she could become liable if anything further happend to the woman.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:43 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Who gets to decide which domestic violence call has merit? Once the clerk was involved she had to do Due dilligance. If she had not, then she could become liable if anything further happend to the woman.
That isn't the point.

The man had no criminal record and only a dud shotgun shell was found.

Any cop with a brain or sense of justice would have realized that there was nothing here, and the same goes for any competent prosecutor.

The inmates are running our criminal justice sytem - which thanks to those crazy cops and prosecutors - resembles an asylum.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:30 AM

It is absolutely insane how this man is being persecuted and it is absolutely insane the gun laws of Wash DC that being in the possession of a empty used cartridge casing is against the law and it is absolutely wrongful the degree and length to which the cops acted. Mean while the rest of DC is awash ghetto rat gang crime with daily shootings.

Of course we know what political party rules Washington DC laws and government. I am sure 99% of people living in DC voted Obama. That and a crack smoking mayor.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:35 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,906 times
Quote:
Of course we know what political party rules Washington DC laws and government. I am sure 99% of people living in DC voted Obama. That and a crack smoking mayor.
You got it all figured out don't ya?

Old 10-26-2013, 07:37 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
I suggest that those of you who are outraged research our Prison for profit industry and research our statistics on incarceration. Some of these prosecutors and cops are relentless in their prosecution and they're not doing it to make us safer, they're doing it for many times purely selfish reasons.

I'm hoping the man isn't charged, but hopefully this case wakes people up to how good people are being caught up in our corrupted legal system while the true criminals are running free.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:39 AM

1,391 posts, read 1,233,586 times
Quote:
It is absolutely insane how this man is being persecuted and it is absolutely insane the gun laws of Wash DC that being in the possession of a empty used cartridge casing is against the law and it is absolutely wrongful the degree and length to which the cops acted. Mean while the rest of DC is awash ghetto rat gang crime with daily shootings.

91 percent. Which is slightly more than the great city of Philadelphia.

Old 10-26-2013, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
You got it all figured out don't ya?

It is right out there to see you don't need to be a rocket scientist. Every city run by liberal democrats that enacts strict gun laws, draconian gun laws, be it Chicago, DC or San Francisco wind up trampling on people like that guy in the article while crime and gang warfare presses on as usual. I have been to DC 4 times I saw the city myself and outside the nice government area it is surrounded by ghetto with daily violence happening and years of strict gun laws didn't lessen any of it.

Yet, those that support draconian gun laws like that seem ok with with it. How asinine can a law be that you are arrested for having empty spent cartridge casings or even just ammo? How can one support the police going to such gestapo tactics of closing off blocks , charging into a house like it was a taliban stronghold, and pursuing to persecute someone over that? The only other countries that come to my mind that do or did that was soviet Russia and the communist others and North Korea. Well possibly England these days also the way that country is now.

Then there is the fact that on hear say of a pissed off ex, a house with the man, his girlfriend and kids inside are put at risk of being shot by invading cops.

Old 10-26-2013, 08:13 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
She should be arrested/charged for reporting false information. He never threatened her with a gun!

Old 10-26-2013, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I suggest that those of you who are outraged research our Prison for profit industry and research our statistics on incarceration. Some of these prosecutors and cops are relentless in their prosecution and they're not doing it to make us safer, they're doing it for many times purely selfish reasons.

I'm hoping the man isn't charged, but hopefully this case wakes people up to how good people are being caught up in our corrupted legal system while the true criminals are running free.

Very true, that and when you militarize the police. I am sure those cops that raided his house looked like and were armed like they were the 101st airborne raiding a taliban stronghold in Afghanistan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies