Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 04:15 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,507,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
There is obviously no law against being an inappropriate moron, or the idiot in the OP would have been arrested a long time ago. A lot of people like testing the borders of what is socially acceptable, especially the young, but this jerk has clearly crossed the line.

When in public situations there is a conduct of behaivor that is expected. It is called "decorum." Those who are not capable of demonstrating the minimum appropriate public behavior should be removed from society.
This society is worthless. Individual liberty is more important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 04:16 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,460,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Tell it to Madonna. She makes Fifty Million Dollars a year wearing hers the wrong way.
That moonbat isn't LADY GAGA, OR MADONNA. He may THINK he is in his squirrly little mind where he's probably throwing fairy dust and rainbow colored candy sprinkles in slow motion. But NOT in reality where he obviously doesn't live.

Old 06-22-2011, 04:17 PM

37,222 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
There is obviously no law against being an inappropriate moron, or the idiot in the OP would have been arrested a long time ago. A lot of people like testing the borders of what is socially acceptable, especially the young, but this jerk has clearly crossed the line.

When in public situations there is a conduct of behaivor that is expected. It is called "decorum." Those who are not capable of demonstrating the minimum appropriate public behavior should be removed from society.
So, then, you are saying that he shouldn't be allowed to fly unless he conforms to your personal idea of "decorum" and is "normal" like you?

Isn't that a bit egocentric?

Old 06-22-2011, 04:18 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
Quote:
So, then, you are saying that he shouldn't be allowed to fly unless he conforms to your personal idea of "decorum" and is "normal" like you?

Isn't that a bit egocentric?
No. The standards are actually set quite low. Decorum should be the word of the day for everyone, everyday. It's civilized.

Old 06-22-2011, 04:18 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,312,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Don't know too many non-gender confused men who are going to get on a jet and fly across the country in women's under wear. Not even drunk because a man can't board a plane in women's underwear drunk. This guy was sober which makes it even more disturbing.
I guarantee you that more men are flying wearing women's underwear than you'd care to know. Perhaps you should fly more and introduce yourself to them. Then you would know more.

Quote:
The football player's saggy pants was completely unacceptable attire, while this fruitcake gets on the jet wearing electric blue undies.
How about young women who wear men's boxer shorts over their own underwear (which maybe little more than a thong, or they may be sans underwear at all)? I know that my girlfriend has done that. Is that acceptable?

How about a woman wearing a pair of shorts that are basically identical to boxer shorts, but are not technically boxer shorts, over her regular underwear? Is that ok?

How about if I go commando under a pair of shorts? Or jeans? Or trousers? How is that different than sagging and revealing boxers? It's only one thin layer of fabric between my goods and your eyes.

We're gonna need the TSA to start examining people's underwear more closely.

Old 06-22-2011, 04:19 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,460,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
This society is worthless. Individual liberty is more important.
Your liberty ends when I need eye bleach and a prescription of Erasitol to clear my mind from the visual screwery that you've place upon me by being within view of you decked out in a Green Hornet unitard.

Old 06-22-2011, 04:19 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,462,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post

Decorum. Now there is a word most people have never heard of.
I don't know about removing them from society, but schooling them on decorum is certainly necessary.
They have heard of it, but they do not think it applies to them.

If they do not know how to act appropriately in public, I certainly do not what them venturing anywhere near public areas. They may allow this kind of idiot in San Francisco, but that is only because those in San Francisco are completely clueless when it comes to public "decorum" or "propriety."

Old 06-22-2011, 04:20 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,507,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Your liberty ends when I need eye bleach and a prescription of Erasitol to clear my mind from the visual screwery that you've place upon me by being within view of you decked out in a Green Hornet unitard.
Unless you're physically harmed by an action, turn your head or ignore it. It's not the government's job to prevent you from being offended.

Old 06-22-2011, 04:22 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,736,880 times
Quote:
Tell it to Madonna. She makes Fifty Million Dollars a year wearing hers the wrong way.
but thats on stage. you got any pics of madona getting on a plane in her stage attire, i would like to see those pics

Old 06-22-2011, 04:22 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,312,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
We actually loose more freedoms by being able to do whatever moronic thing we can think of than we gain. People really don't get that. Every law or rule we have was made in response to someone, somewhere, being an idiot and not understanding how to live among other people. Or just not caring.
No. The rules were made because the idots were offended by other people expressing their freedoms. We lose more freedoms because people are overly concerned with how someone wears their pants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies