Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 04:36 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,460,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
You seem to give quite a large rip what people wear.

Would it not be the government that would...? Sounds like a nanny-state to me.

'Wah! I don't like his pants. Kick him out of my country. Wah!'
Spoiler

This outfit on an airplane is not acceptable.

Maybe at WalMart (if you've ever seen the website PeopleOfWalmart you know what I mean) but not on an airplane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 04:36 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
A time and a place people, a time and a place.

Old 06-22-2011, 04:37 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,898,418 times
OH. MY. GOD.
SOMEONE IS DIFFERENT THAN ME.
WHAT A BAD PERSON! WE NEED LAWS AGAINST PEOPLE LIKE THIS!!!!!!! BTW IM A REPUBLICAN AND I AM FOR SMALL GOVERNMENT, EXCEPT WHEN IT'S LAW AGAINST PEOPLE'S PERSONAL LIVES!!!!
RAHHH!

--
But seriously, I DO think it was inappropriate what this man wore. It should be the outfit, not the gender. I sense that if a younger, more firmer, woman wore this -- well, this wouldn't be the problem (depending on the airline). If the outfit in general is too risque, then it shouldn't matter WHO is wearing it.

When it comes down to what other people wear, I don't really care. If I am bothered by what OTHER people are wearing and calling THEM insane.. perhaps, I should look at myself to see if I am considered insane....

Old 06-22-2011, 04:37 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,507,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Do you realize that it's not acceptable to walk around naked in public in 99.9% of this country?
Spend less time worrying about what others consider acceptable, you'll be a lot happier.

Old 06-22-2011, 04:38 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Spend less time worrying about what others consider acceptable, you'll be a lot happier.
Decorum. It's a real thing.

I think over 50% of the social problems we have would dissapear overnight if people were polite and considerate.

Old 06-22-2011, 04:39 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,312,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post

This outfit on an airplane is not acceptable.
Neither is this one

A snot rag in his pocket. Ewww...grody!

Especially if the plane is going to someplace like...say...Phoenix in the summertime. It's 100 degrees and you're wearing a jacket? Clearly something isn't right upstairs.

Old 06-22-2011, 04:40 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,813,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramirez2012 View Post
I can't believe people are condoning this. I guess if I tried to board a plane wearing nothing but socks, it would be perfectly acceptable.
Is it really condoning it? It doesn't really fit my personal sense of decorum but to me, if the guy wants to look like a fool to a lot of people then so what? If I don't see any man bits then why I am I up in arms? I'd see more of his body at the beach.

But I do agree the airline has a right to draw a line where they want, and they need to be consistent about whatever they do.

1,770 posts, read 2,898,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
So is hypocrisy.
If a woman, especially a thin and more attractive woman, wore that.. I'm sure people wouldn't care. Even if the man wore something more tasteful, according to women's fashion standards, people like yourself would still scream and hollar DECORUM! TIME AND PLACE! I DON'T WANT TO SEE SOMEONE DIFFERENT THAN I!

BUT, if you say 'decorum' due to the outfit, and not the gender.. then I apologize.

13,691 posts, read 18,460,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
I invite you or anyone to come to Los Angeles and walk around naked as you please.

We all know how unpredictable the LAPD can be... Good Luck.

Old 06-22-2011, 04:41 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,507,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post

I think over 50% of the social problems we have would dissapear overnight if people were polite and considerate.
99.9 percent of all the world's problems would disappear if people stopped trying to dictate to each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies