Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 08:30 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
its postings like this that provide non stop comical relief. Please share with me some of these GOP attacks and policies which have been harmful at producing more jobs..

btw, market down 207 now.

It is funny that Obama does things that the American people like, like pulling troops out of wars, cutting gas prices a little, getting people access to HC, ... and on and on. That is hilarious stuff!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011, 08:33 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Quote:
Proponents never suggested releasing oil from the reserves, that just need to be repurchased.. Thats beyond stupidity..
Define proponents. And answer my questions you left out in your response. Thank you.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:33 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
Quote:
PROFITS drive the stock market prices.. and lower fuel costs would mean more profits for every corporation in america because they have to buy fuel..

Companies like UPS, down, makes absolutely no sense since again, most of their operating costs is FUEL. Lower fuel costs would mean higher stock prices, not lower.

But please educate me on where I'm wrong. I cant wait to hear another line of bs from you like the last posting of yours.
How could anyone possibly educate the one who knows all?

Old 06-23-2011, 08:34 AM

2,200 posts, read 4,423,784 times
Quote:
Isnt that the truth.. the stock market should be skyrocketing today due to lower operating costs for all businesses. Even airline stocks are down which makes absolutely no sense, since their biggest expenses is fuel.
Worst. Logic. Ever.

Have you not been paying attention to the stock market and oil prices together over the past several years?

When oil was sky-high in 2008, and the stock market crashed, where did oil go? Guess what: not up.

Over the course of the recovery when the stock market went up, guess where oil went? Not down.

It is a sad fact that oil prices are being so heavily linked to the stock market. It just shows how much influence the speculators have on a commodity that needs to be nationalized.

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
here's a slightly different take on the situation

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
He could have allowed more drilling and it would have had the same effect on oil prices. The SPR is there to keep our country running during a SHTF scenario, and should completely off limits for use as a political tool. I am VERY disappointed in this move.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:35 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I don't think of this move as something to brag about (it is merely a 1.5 day supply for goodness sake), but it is amusing to see knickers in a twist among many. Okay, so you hate this move of his as well. Now, what would you like him to do to reign in the prices and ensure welfare of the stock market that you're, clearly, worried about?
Ooh brother, I dont know why I spend so much time educating people who clearly havent spent any time in economics classes..

1) The fact that its a 1.5 day supply, and the oil is dropping so fast, would equate to a temporary drop that will simply go back up as people who have margined accounts stopp getting margined out of their positions.
2) The oil needs to be REPURCHASED, which will increase the demand on future production, which will then increases prices AGAIN..
3) With lower oil prices, the stock market should be HIGHER. I'm simply stating FACTS.. Lower oil prices equal higher profits for companies that rely heavily upon oil, like UPS, airlines, etc, and they are DOWN.. THATS NOT NORMAL.

You can sit here and come to the conclusion that Im posting FACTS, simply because I dont like Obama, but that would mean you dont like the FACTS, and can only attack me, rather then the facts posted.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:37 AM

898 posts, read 828,061 times
obama is a tool. Anyone who hails this move thinking it was smart is just plain stupid. obama's brain dead minions are damned idiots as they show us here each and every day.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:38 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,213,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
Oil down over 5% to $90/bbl. Obama pulling out all the stops...releasing 30 Million barrels and pulling 30k troops.

Speculators crushed.

Effectively a major tax cut.
Wall Street tumbles on economic concerns, oil selloff - Yahoo! Finance (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Wall-Street-drops-at-open-on-rb-3592006168.html;_ylt=Aml0t2ny9ebrzj4GTefXpKa7YWsA; _ylu=X3oDMTE1amdvZ2FuBHBvcwMzBHNlYwN0b3BTdG9yaWVzB HNsawNkb3dmYWxsczIwMG8-?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=main&asset=&ccode= - broken link)
"Speculators crushed?" The speculators who were betting on price drops are making out like bandits. Why do you support taxpayer subsidies for speculators?

Old 06-23-2011, 08:38 AM

1,457 posts, read 2,028,576 times
How many barrels a day do you think the US uses daily? Its somewhere to the tune of 21 million barrels. So hopefully they are going to pump 30 million barrels daily from the reserves....Don't hold your breath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies