Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 08:47 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,565,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I was at first unsure if you were crazy, but since you have confirmed it, you are correct. I shall no longer engage you. I will follow your posts and watch what you write, like the train wreck it is!

Cheers!
Nice attempt at disguising the fact that you've been nailed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011, 09:06 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times
Another quality troll thread by NewYorkGuy.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Another quality troll thread by NewYorkGuy.
Is that all you got?

Old 06-23-2011, 10:19 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times
Beats me. But I think it's the keyboard racists here that fear it. I am Black and as long as I've been living, the conversation of reparations have never been brought up. It reminds me several years ago, a white co-worker friend of mine came to me concerned that they would teach Ebonics in her daughter's high school. I didn't know what the f she was talking about and asked her to elighten me what Ebonics was. I am still friends with this co-worker and I hope she realizes she was worrying for nothing. I should have asked her where did she hear it from. I'm guessing she listened to right wing radio or something.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:27 PM

11,260 posts, read 11,028,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
There is also sizable support in the white community of people who believe the United States Government should adopt an official policy of white supremacy to preserve the white majority in America. Do you see anybody bringing that up like the way you guys are bringing up the topic reparations?
Ahhhh..... The real issue presents itself...

Old 06-23-2011, 10:48 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
It's seems like a common obsession of white racists is the idea they have in their heads that all black people in America wake up everyday dreaming of their "reparations check" arriving in the mail. The idea of reparations is a joke in the black community...
USATODAY.com - Reparations gain legal, academic interest

It's not whites keeping reparation hopes alive:

The National Coalition of Blacks for Reparations in America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-23-2011, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Beats me. But I think it's the keyboard racists here that fear it. I am Black and as long as I've been living, the conversation of reparations have never been brought up. It reminds me several years ago, a white co-worker friend of mine came to me concerned that they would teach Ebonics in her daughter's high school. I didn't know what the f she was talking about and asked her to elighten me what Ebonics was. I am still friends with this co-worker and I hope she realizes she was worrying for nothing. I should have asked her where did she hear it from. I'm guessing she listened to right wing radio or something.
Race will always be a divisive issue in American society. Many people on the right have built their careers by capitalizing on this issue. The overt racism of the pre-civil rights era have been replaced by a covert, coded type of racism that is commonplace in right wing Republican rhetoric and ideology.

Old 06-24-2011, 06:40 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
It's seems like a common obsession of white racists is the idea they have in their heads that all black people in America wake up everyday dreaming of their "reparations check" arriving in the mail. Well sorry to clip your wings supremacists, it doesn't work that way. Most people in the black community have bigger fish to fry than waste their time fantasizing about something they know they will never get. We have jobs to attend to, families to take care of, households to maintain just like you do. Like everyone else, we are struggling to keep our footing in this tough economy.

The idea of reparations is a joke in the black community... I don't know anybody holding their breath for that. Heck if you go on the street and ask the average black youth if they believe that whites should pay reparations to blacks they'll have no idea what you are talking about. It seems to be an obsession of racist whites suffering from the guilt of slavery more than anything else. How can you say that blacks won't get over slavery when you constantly bring this non-issue up?
The only time I hear of it is when someone makes a post on it. I've never heard anyone in person say it. We joke about it though. Chappelle did a great bit on black people receiving reparations.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:17 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,780,689 times
Quote:
There is also sizable support in the white community of people who believe the United States Government should adopt an official policy of white supremacy to preserve the white majority in America. Do you see anybody bringing that up like the way you guys are bringing up the topic reparations?
Is there?

Have these "sizable" white supremists introduced a bill in Congress?

Go back to your cartoons, laddy.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:19 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
[snip]Heck if you go on the street and ask the average black youth if they believe that whites should pay reparations to blacks they'll have no idea what you are talking about. It seems to be an obsession of racist whites suffering from the guilt of slavery more than anything else. How can you say that blacks won't get over slavery when you constantly bring this non-issue up?
If the 'average black youth' doesn't know what reparations are, you know very uninformed black youth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies