Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 11:17 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,101,854 times

Advertisements

I honestly don't know the answer and would be curious to find out. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 11:19 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
0...none ...nada

Old 06-25-2011, 11:24 PM

1,495 posts, read 2,301,258 times
Quote:
I honestly don't know the answer and would be curious to find out.
I don't believe you. Anyway, you're on the losing side of this issue. It's only a matter of time. Soon enough there will be either popular votes in favor of same-sex marriage, or so much support for the laws after they are passed that the ballot issue will be irrelevant.

Old 06-25-2011, 11:26 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,005,607 times
Quote:
Are you "fishing" for this answer?

0 Zero. Again, for the reasons that I mentioned before. Churches and their followers purposely confuse and mislead the voters into demonizing the gays. The outcome is never fair or accurate in reflecting voters' sensitivities or ideals of fairness. There was also much misunderstanding of gay issues. We have progressed to the point that at least now it can be discussed.
That was not the case 10-15 years ago, even more recent than that perhaps as in the outcomes of Props 8 & 6 in Calif and Maine respectively. When more americans realize that gays are their brothers, sisters, neighbors, friends, co-workers, etc, you will see more understanding. The arc of freedom is long, but it bends toward justice.

Old 06-25-2011, 11:27 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,531,081 times
Quote:
Gee.........try googling.

I assume the thread is meant to make a sordid point.

Here's another one..... the equal rights of any minority should NEVER be voted upon by a majority......these things are what the judicial and court system are for!

Upset about New York I assume and needing to vent!

Old 06-25-2011, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_cat View Post
I don't believe you. Anyway, you're on the losing side of this issue. It's only a matter of time. Soon enough there will be either popular votes in favor of same-sex marriage, or so much support for the laws after they are passed that the ballot issue will be irrelevant.

Why so thin skinned Slim Jim? I never looked it up, so I was curious. I'm actually surprised that the answer is zero, I thought it would be low, but didn't think zero. I figured if it is such a popular thing now adays, then why not put it on a ballot and let the people decide, instead of having legislators push it through? I mean, what are they afraid of?

Old 06-25-2011, 11:29 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post

Here's another one..... the equal rights of any minority should NEVER be voted upon by a majority......these things are what the judicial and court system are for!
Because they (courts and corrupt judges) are full of corruption. We ''the people''....are not that stupid.

New York pushed that wicked bill thru last night....exactly the way Obama and his cronies pushed thru the ''Health Care corrupt bill thru. But it's about to be repealed....and so will the same sex bill....be overturned.

Old 06-25-2011, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post

Upset about New York I assume and needing to vent!

Since when is being gay a "minority?" That's a joke, right? Is being left handed a "minority too?" Rights are for individuals, not groups.

Old 06-25-2011, 11:31 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,082,060 times
Answer is none.
But 33 states amended their Constitution to include that marriage is between only a man and a woman. And 6 states passed laws stating that marriage is only between a man and a woman.

Old 06-25-2011, 11:34 PM

1,495 posts, read 2,301,258 times
Quote:
Why so thin skinned Slim Jim?
Slim Jim? I don't get it. Anyway, it has nothing to do with being thin skinned; not sure where you got that from. I was simply pointing out your deception.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies