Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 11:39 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Maybe Beck could set an example by been less hateful on his shows. That would be a good start.
I won't be thrown off this forum for telling you where you can see his show from today but you can see it and you would see that there was no hate at all. In fact, he was too nice talking about those hateful people who started it all by yelling "This is New York and we hate Republicans". He said he wanted to say that he agreed but that would only have caused more hateful talk from the drunk group that "spilled" the drink on his wife.

Watch him from today and find out that Media Matters, ThinkProgress, and Kos told something other than the truth about today's show.

I won't take a chance on getting thrown off this place by telling you a link to see him because I know you wouldn't do it anyway.

1,777 posts, read 1,403,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I never heard any of the left wingers condemn all the death threats sarah palin received when they were searching through her emails either.
Then you weren't paying attention. There were several posters in those threads who condemned death threats against Palin.

Just like I don't approve of people being rude to Glenn Beck while he's trying to enjoy an evening in a park. While I may find him to be an abrasive pundit whose rhetoric is ultimately divisive and paranoid, he's almost certainly never done personally to those people who were rude to him.

9,848 posts, read 8,284,533 times
Quote:
Are you talking about Sarah Palin, the woman who put a target on Gabrielle Giffords, the Democratic Congresswoman, who was badly injured in the Arizona massacre by a right wing fanatic of hers?
The person who tried to kill Giffords and did kill others was a lefty.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:40 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,566,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Hey, Savoir, I cheated on you guys and watched him one more time today. He talked very decent about those people but he was taken in by thinking that they could be decent. As he says, he has taken that crap on the streets of New York for a couple or so years, but he didn't think they would act like that with his family sitting there on a blanket like the others.

He said his college kids understand what is going on but the younger ones don't really understand why anyone would throw an alcoholic drink on their mother's back. He said that they didn't understand for some time why he went about with a bullet proof vest on or why he had body guards with him in the city.

I think he told that story in a way that would have convinced even lefties, had they seen him today, that only decent behavior by all leads to decent behavior by others. All you Media Matters people really think he hates you as much as you hate him but you are wrong. It is his attempts to expose progressivism for what it really is that causes your string pullers to use the hate word as they do.
Give me a break. It doesn't take a media critic to see that Glenn Beck is just downright full of hate.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:40 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
Then you weren't paying attention. There were several posters in those threads who condemned death threats against Palin.

Just like I don't approve of people being rude to Glenn Beck while he's trying to enjoy an evening in a park. While I may find him to be an abrasive pundit whose rhetoric is ultimately divisive and paranoid, he's almost certainly never done personally to those people who were rude to him.
Probably felt bad for making em in the first place.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:41 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,863,104 times
Quote:
Give me a break. It doesn't take a media critic to see that Glenn Beck is just downright full of hate.
It doesn't take a genius to see that you are too.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:42 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,566,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Liberals promote diversity except for when it comes to diversity of opinion. Then they throw pies and scream at people who don't agree with them.
Good. Let's keep it that way.

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Are you talking about Sarah Palin, the woman who put a target on Gabrielle Giffords, the Democratic Congresswoman, who was badly injured in the Arizona massacre by a right wing fanatic of hers?
It is obvious from what you say here that you don't get your information from any decent source since you are still saying what Media Matters and the other Soros people continued to say after it was shown that that kid wasn't right leaning at all. Maybe you need to do some searching at other places to get your truths.

1,777 posts, read 1,403,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
The person who tried to kill Giffords and did kill others was a lefty.
Who was a fan of Ayn Rand's books and was obsessed with the idea that the government was trying to usurp grammar?

The guy was a straight up nutjob, he didn't engage in his murderous rampage for any political reasons.

Quote:
Probably felt bad for making em in the first place.
If you're going to accuse posters in here of making death threats, please tell us who you believe would do that. Otherwise, you should back with the personal attacks.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:43 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,293,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
he's almost certainly never done personally to those people who were rude to him.
rude does not equal violent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies