Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 11:29 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,284,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
A drink spilled on your picnic blanket and back = violence? (and lots of threats)

You right wingers are very thin skinned. NO wonder Beck cries all the time.
Well if it is no big deal we all hope it happens regularly to you, your family and grand kids, alright?

Old 06-28-2011, 11:30 PM

299 posts, read 642,039 times
Quote:
I always laugh when right wingers seem surprised that liberals can be as hateful as them. They seem to think they have a monopoly on hate and that they should be able to say or do anything to liberals or people that they disagree with it without the fear of a reprisal. Well sorry to break the news to you right wingers, but the world doesn't work that way.

If you live by hate, it's likely that you will receive hate in return. Case in point, Glenn Beck who said he was "harassed" by a group of New Yorkers while out with his family in a park. Well I can't see why he, or anyone else for that matter, would be surprised by this given the type of things he promotes on the public airwaves.

Conservatives often mistake "liberalism" as been open to all things. Well even the most liberal of liberals out there have something they just can't tolerate or that they just hate. For me, it's people like Glenn Beck and others who propagate right wing hate. I reserve my right to hate these hateful people. I applaud my fellow New Yorkers for showing Beck that he is not welcome in our great city. Maybe he should relocate to the dirty south. I'm sure he'll find more fans there.
Thanks for mentioning that you liberals are nothing bunch of hypocrites, but I'm already full aware of that.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:31 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,217,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
I always laugh when right wingers seem surprised that liberals can be as hateful as them. They seem to think they have a monopoly on hate and that they should be able to say or do anything to liberals or people that they disagree with it without the fear of a reprisal. Well sorry to break the news to you right wingers, but the world doesn't work that way.

If you live by hate, it's likely that you will receive hate in return. Case in point, Glenn Beck who said he was "harassed" by a group of New Yorkers while out with his family in a park. Well I can't see why he, or anyone else for that matter, would be surprised by this given the type of things he promotes on the public airwaves.

Conservatives often mistake "liberalism" as been open to all things. Well even the most liberal of liberals out there have something they just can't tolerate or that they just hate. For me, it's people like Glenn Beck and others who propagate right wing hate. I reserve my right to hate these hateful people. I applaud my fellow New Yorkers for showing Beck that he is not welcome in our great city. Maybe he should relocate to the dirty south. I'm sure he'll find more fans there.
It's pretty sad that in a country that has given you such liberal privileges that you find others not to be as welcome as yourself.

Quote:
Maybe Beck could set an example by been less hateful on his shows. That would be a good start.
An even better start would be for you to provide some links demonstrating that hate.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:31 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
There was violence committed towards Limbaugh, I mean Beck? Pray tell

<--grabs popcorn
Hey, Savoir, I cheated on you guys and watched him one more time today. He talked very decent about those people but he was taken in by thinking that they could be decent. As he says, he has taken that crap on the streets of New York for a couple or so years, but he didn't think they would act like that with his family sitting there on a blanket like the others.

He said his college kids understand what is going on but the younger ones don't really understand why anyone would throw an alcoholic drink on their mother's back. He said that they didn't understand for some time why he went about with a bullet proof vest on or why he had body guards with him in the city.

I think he told that story in a way that would have convinced even lefties, had they seen him today, that only decent behavior by all leads to decent behavior by others. All you Media Matters people really think he hates you as much as you hate him but you are wrong. It is his attempts to expose progressivism for what it really is that causes your string pullers to use the hate word as they do.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:32 PM

299 posts, read 642,039 times
This is an asinine thread.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:33 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
Quote:

Liberals promote diversity except for when it comes to diversity of opinion. Then they throw pies and scream at people who don't agree with them.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:33 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,566,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I never heard any of the left wingers condemn all the death threats sarah palin received when they were searching through her emails either. Wonder why that is? Cowards.
Are you talking about Sarah Palin, the woman who put a target on Gabrielle Giffords, the Democratic Congresswoman, who was badly injured in the Arizona massacre by a right wing fanatic of hers?

Old 06-28-2011, 11:34 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
A drink spilled on your picnic blanket and back = violence?

You right wingers are very thin skinned. NO wonder Beck cries all the time.
I haven't seen Beck cry in months and no matter what Media Matters tells you about it he hasn't done it. He came close today but managed not to do it. I almost did it for him when he was talking about what his kids had to see in the way of left leaning ugliness, all over the fact that he tells too much truth about progressivism on his TV show.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:36 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,566,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
You really don't want anyone being violent toward anyone and especially with their children at risk unless you are a total tool.
Would you like to be sitting at a public park and have a group come along to practically lynch you because you had a different opinion from theirs?
That kind of behavior belongs behind bars, whether in a prison or a zoo.
Shame on you for approving of that. You should know better, I'm sure your mother didn't raise you to like that. (With all due respect to your mom and yourself) You are WAY off base here.
How do we know that this story is even true and not some paranoid delusion of an obviously schizophrenic Beck? We all his his past history of delusions and making things up.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:36 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,293,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I never heard any of the left wingers condemn all the death threats sarah palin received when they were searching through her emails either. Wonder why that is? Cowards.
You guys consider name calling and spilling a drink on a picnic blanket an act of violence and you call others cowards?

LMFAO. Yes, you guys are real tough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies