Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2011, 03:09 AM

996 posts, read 1,898,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Are you conveniently forgetting all the attacks Beck made against the President's wife and kids? I don't forget.
When has he ever said anything about Obama's kids? ever?

Michelle Obama sometimes does political causes, so on those shes open game. But, he's never attacked her for no reason.

She's leading an anti-obesity program, shes given speeches for Obama. That's political.

Old 06-29-2011, 03:16 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,566,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteNCRepublican View Post
When has he ever said anything about Obama's kids? ever?
Want proof, here ya go:

Glenn Beck smears Obama's 11-year-old daughter | Media Matters for America

Old 06-29-2011, 03:19 AM

Yea, Media Matters isn't a legitimate source. It's like how you guys say FOX isn't legitimate.

Old 06-29-2011, 03:19 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,203,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post

who cares? i sure as heck dont. this thread is not about whose kids are what, it is about an american being treated badly in a public place for his political beliefs.

if you dont find that just plain wrong nyg, then maybe you should go to north korea or some middle eastern country where they dont mind doing that to the population.

Old 06-29-2011, 03:21 AM

I found a legitimate source, and he apologized.

Even so, why stoop to his level? I'm a huge fan of his but I agree with you this is stupid. But, still why go to his levels?

Old 06-29-2011, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
who cares? i sure as heck dont. this thread is not about whose kids are what, it is about an american being treated badly in a public place for his political beliefs.

if you dont find that just plain wrong nyg, then maybe you should go to north korea or some middle eastern country where they dont mind doing that to the population.
Exactly.

Beck NEVER went in public and bashed Obama's kids to their face.

This was confrontational and in his face.

Old 06-29-2011, 03:34 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,021,863 times
Quote:

It's not American to tell fellow Americans to leave.

Maybe we could just bring Garth Brooks back to NY

YouTube - ‪new york state of mind‬‏

YouTube - ‪friends in low places‬‏

Old 06-29-2011, 03:35 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,203,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
It's not American to tell fellow Americans to leave.

Maybe we could just bring Garth Brooks back to NY

YouTube - ‪new york state of mind‬‏

YouTube - ‪friends in low places‬‏

not telling him to leave, telling him to go there. maybe take a visit where goverments and populations like to do the same thing to other citizens in their countries.

Old 06-29-2011, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Yea, Media Matters isn't a legitimate source. It's like how you guys say FOX isn't legitimate.
Whether you consider them a legitimate source or not, it is a fact that Beck did attack the President's daughter who was only 11 years old at the time.

Quote:
Oh please as if you're up in arms when anyone on the left is attacked in public for their beliefs. Remember all those tea party people hijacking the town halls last summer and threatening the lives of Democratic politicians who supported Health Care Reform?

Quote:
I found a legitimate source, and he apologized.

Even so, why stoop to his level? I'm a huge fan of his but I agree with you this is stupid. But, still why go to his levels?
So he should be able to say anything about those he disagrees with and spew hate constantly and not suffer any consequences? The world doesn't work like that. You reap what you sow. While I don't condone attacking anyone or their family in public it is not lost on me that Beck created the atmosphere for this to happen. Also I think he is a delusional liar who is blowing things out of proportion to boost his flagging ratings. This guy knows no bounds and has no standards.

Old 06-29-2011, 03:39 AM

Quote:
not telling him to leave, telling him to go there. maybe take a visit where goverments and populations like to do the same thing to other citizens in their countries.
Maybe you should take a trip to Iran. They seem to share many of your "conservative" beliefs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies