Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 06:53 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,068,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
I'm not a Southern Baptist, but doubt that they ridicule or scorn gays. Hard core Christian fundamentalists, at most, generally, feel sorry for gays and welcome them into the arms of forgiveness. I understand that many gays don't want to be forgiven; just accepted. But still, its no reason to call those who think differently, "scorners," etc.
This may be the most BS post I've read on CD, and let's be honest, that's saying a lot. First, you would have to be blind and ignorant to not see the constant bashing of gays, even if well-intentioned, by fundamentalists and the general public alike. Homosexuality is routinely compared to beastiality, pedophilia, etc, and is readily referred to as an immoral lifestyle choice.

Sorry, but putting up a prank website pales in comparison to gays going through a lifetime of being told they are second class citizens, or worse, that they are little better than dog f*ckers. You have some nerve to suggest that these type of people welcome them in any way or that it is wrong to call them out for the reality of how they treat others.

Last I checked, gays aren't demanding or voting for laws that strip people of being able to practice the CHOICE of religion. They aren't demanding that religious folks be unable to get married or be treated without respect. No one is suggesting that religious people not have equality under the law. Can you seriously say the same about religious people and gays?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 06:59 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,464,091 times
It's groups like this that make it harder for gay individuals like me. Now people will look at me and so many other gay people and think we are all personally out to pick on Southern Baptists.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
I find it telling they didn't target Muslim dominated sites that forbid homosexuals.

Given the behavior of the homosexuals, I don't trust any "exemption" for churches to last long.
Your transparency is showing.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
They're trying to legislate and litigate acceptance of a perversion. A site doesn't want homosexual ads? Don't use it. A church doesn't want homosexuals? Don't use it either. But don't attempt to force acceptance.
Actually, completely wrong. Whether or not gays have equality under the law will not change the reality that many people will still not accept homosexuality. And that's fine. People are allowed to believe whatever they want. However, since we are talking about secular law from the US government, it is a completely different entity and standard altogether. Gays want equality through US secular law. I don't think they give a crap whether or not you personally accept them. Still, in the not-to-distant future, your beliefs are going to look awfully archaic.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:36 AM

1,461 posts, read 1,529,431 times
Considering the lies spread about gays by Southern Baptists, I think this was pretty mild. There was something similiar involving Fawell and the courts threw out his case.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:38 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
And in response, Southern Baptists pulled a prank on gays by supporting laws taking away their civil rights,
Name one. Don't tell us marriage, because 1) same-gender marriage never existed, so it couldn't be "taken away", and 2) Gay people have the EXACT SAME MARITAL RIGHTS as straight people.

Not that I'd expect you to actually be truthful or anything.
Quote:

ridiculing and scorning them, and condemning them to an eternity burning it hell.
They didn't condemn anyone. They merely deliver the message that's already been spoken. Of course, they say the same thing about adulterers, too...

Old 07-01-2011, 07:41 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhandle View Post
Considering the lies spread about gays by Southern Baptists, I think this was pretty mild. There was something similiar involving Fawell and the courts threw out his case.
what lies do the Southern Baptists spread?

Old 07-01-2011, 09:47 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
You should see all the "junk science" articles about homosexuality published on the net by anti-gay religious groups. They intentionally deceive to make others believe that their malicious claims are actually supported by legitimate studies and research. They intentionally lie, misrepresent and distort real studies.... to vilify gay people.

Not even on the same planet. We know who the players are in such and we can easily evaluate the test beds and methodology of the research to establish if it is valid or not. There may be poorly applied statistical methods, weak test pools, etc... but that is not deceit, simply a poorly argued position.

This issue is a direct form of deceit and it can not be justified.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:51 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Name one. Don't tell us marriage, because 1) same-gender marriage never existed, so it couldn't be "taken away", and 2) Gay people have the EXACT SAME MARITAL RIGHTS as straight people.

Not that I'd expect you to actually be truthful or anything.
Pot, meet kettle.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:30 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,193,705 times
Bahahahaha, that's hilarious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies