Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2011, 08:16 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
This thread is NOT about gay marriage or the constitution.

It's about an evil entity taking a man's money and then refusing to give him what he paid for.

No, it's not an insurance company, it's the Catholic church.....they just sound the same.
But then why didn't he pay the atheists for his burial? This man obviously believed in God and the Church.

But no matter - it doesn't involve you or your government. The deal was between him and his Church.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 08:48 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,856,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
But then why didn't he pay the atheists for his burial? This man obviously believed in God and the Church.

But no matter - it doesn't involve you or your government. The deal was between him and his Church.
This guys was a practicing Catholic, that means that the intolerant atheist would have hated him for not following their "religion" either. A Gay man who believes in God and is an active member of a church is really in no mans land because the lefties want to support him but can't because he's an evil church goer.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:50 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
This guys was a practicing Catholic, that means that the intolerant atheist would have hated him for not following their "religion" either. A Gay man who believes in God and is an active member of a church is really in no mans land because the lefties want to support him but can't because he's an evil church goer.
Horrible generalization. Lots of "lefties" are believers too. Opposing certain extremist divisions of a religion does not mean we find all church goers as evil.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Horrible generalization. Lots of "lefties" are believers too. Opposing certain extremist divisions of a religion does not mean we find all church goers as evil.
Great, how do you specifically feel about the Catholic church?

Oh and there are quite a few lefties who do in fact feel that church goers are evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
BTW, most organized religion (along with their followers) deserve to be degraded - at least those of the christian persuasion.
Congratulations, she's all yours.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:59 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Great, how do you specifically feel about the Catholic church?
The Church is an institution, not an individual, and while I like certain aspects of Catholic tradition (mostly superficial ones like Latin mass, gothic cathedrals, the "ancient" feel to it, I believe it's a very corrupt institution like most of organized religion.

Quote:
Oh and there are quite a few lefties who do in fact feel that church goers are evil.
I'm sure that's true, but why are you lumping everyone in one box? Shall I view all "righties" as idiotic, uneducated fools who rely on blind faith and tradition while throwing their brain in the trash?

Quote:
Congratulations, she's all yours.
She doesn't speak for all of us. I consider organized religion to be very dangerous in many cases, but I do not believe in degrading all believers just because they follow said organized religion. It depends on each individual person's actions, behavior, and beliefs. Fred Phelps is evil, Mother Theresa, while being a member of a very corrupt organization, was not.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:00 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,150,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
How cute..And the imaginary guy in a red body suit is going to roast his corpse for eternity because an imaginary god made him gay. Religion, where delusion becomes reality.
Well if you believe that religion is "imaginary" then why do you idiots care if he was burried by the catholic church or not.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Well if you believe that religion is "imaginary" then why do you idiots care if he was burried by the catholic church or not.
That's a pretty good question isn't it...

Old 07-05-2011, 09:05 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,150,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Again, can't believe it. This guy was a member of this congregation for many years and I suppose MONEY helped sway the reversed decision.

He was entitled to a proper service by the church he went to and gave money to for so many years.

I'll admit, I get tired at times of all the gay threads in this forum (much like I tire of other threads in this forum), but then when I see what they are up against, it all makes sense. They are fighting for their rights and, granted, it's not like Rosa Parks quietly refusing to sit in the back of the bus and is more in your face, but there is a reason for it.
Please don't don't compare what Black people had to go through with gays. As a black person its very insulting. That arguments gets old quick.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:10 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Please don't don't compare what Black people had to go through with gays. As a black person its very insulting. That arguments gets old quick.
Did you know that there was a time when all states in the US punished the crime of being homosexual with the death penalty? Did you know that until the 1970s the law allowed for homosexuals to be involuntarily committed to mental institutions where they were subjected to such horrors as lobotomies and electric shock treatments? Granted, homosexuals had an easier time at hiding their "affliction" than Black people did, but nonetheless, they have been horribly mistreated over the history of the US when found out.

"I appeal to everyone who believes in Martin Luther King Jr.'s dream to make room at the table of brother and sisterhood for lesbian and gay people."

"Gays and lesbians stood up for civil rights in Montgomery, Selma, in Albany, Ga. and St. Augustine, Fla., and many other campaigns of the Civil Rights Movement. Many of these courageous men and women were fighting for my freedom at a time when they could find few voices for their own, and I salute their contributions."

"Homophobia is like racism and anti-Semitism and other forms of bigotry in that it seeks to dehumanize a large group of people, to deny their humanity, their dignity and personhood. This sets the stage for further repression and violence that spread all too easily to victimize the next minority group."

"I believe all Americans who believe in freedom, tolerance and human rights have a responsibility to oppose bigotry and prejudice based on sexual orientation."

-Coretta Scott King

Old 07-05-2011, 09:11 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,982,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Even though this gentleman was a member of the church for decades and left money to the church in his will; he initially was denied funeral services. However after public pressure the church relented and reversed it's initial decision.

Too bad the Catholic Church is not so quick to address it's pedophilia problems but will quickly deny a family funeral rights while they are grieving over their loved one.

A sad commentary on our society, it's values and organized religion. If not for the public outcry the church would never have reversed it's decision.

The homophobic agenda within this country and forum is truly appalling and treating your fellow man this way is something "your God" will make you answer for upon your demise........Love thy neighbor as you love yourself.

I find it ironic the Church was willing to take this man's money all his life and upon his death........

It seems many people loathe themselves as they post lies and misinformation to degrade any and all gay people and posters!

Gay Man Refused Funeral by Catholic Church | News | The Advocate

Diocese Reverses Church's Refusal to Bury Gay Man | Care2 Causes

http://www.towleroad.com/2011/06/san...o-gay-man.html
The Catholic Church is disgusting. I'm ashamed I was ever a member of that pedophile, human hating organization. The Catholic Church has a lot of blood on it's hands, and is responsible for the loss of innocence of untold numbers of little children. Sickening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies