Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 10:18 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,060,976 times

Advertisements

"Why is our ambassador not here on Independence Day? No excuse. How is it that America is not represented in this room by our ambassador? It is appalling that no representative of our government is in this room. This has the feel of petty partisanship. Ambassador Susman is, of course, a long-standing Democrat fundraiser, nicknamed the vaccuum cleaner for his skill at sucking donations out of the wealthy. And his efforts to fill Obama's campaign pockets was said by many to be his main qualification to come to London."

Politics | Blogs | Evening Standard

Okay, so much for the UK's London Evening Standard story. BUT, take a look at the comments that follow it. YIKES! Honestly, I don't think Obama has a shot at winning re-election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 10:20 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,851,772 times
Whatever. I think our president has bigger fish to fry than that.

Old 07-05-2011, 10:23 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,150,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Whatever. I think our president has bigger fish to fry than that.
Golf? Campaigning? Do those qualify as "bigger fish?" What qualifies as small fish?

Old 07-05-2011, 10:24 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,355,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Golf? Campaigning? Do those qualify as "bigger fish?" What qualifies as small fish?

The economy apparently.....

Old 07-05-2011, 10:24 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,851,772 times
Quote:
You really believe this is a critical issue?

Old 07-05-2011, 10:38 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,150,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
You really believe this is a critical issue?
The point is not whether Barack Obama himself was present, the point is that this Administration did not send a representative to the keynote dinner presentation. So, yes, I do believe this a "critical issue" that could have been carried out with dignity and thanks from the United States.

Why don't you just admit that there's absolutely nothing that you disagree with this President on, no matter if it makes you look stupid or not?

Old 07-05-2011, 10:46 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,917,545 times
Quote:
The point is not whether Barack Obama himself was present, the point is that this Administration did not send a representative to the keynote dinner presentation. So, yes, I do believe this a "critical issue" that could have been carried out with dignity and thanks from the United States.

Why don't you just admit that there's absolutely nothing that you disagree with this President on, no matter if it makes you look stupid or not?
The ambassador hosted the breakfast. He attended the unveiling, and made a brief speech. He missed the dinner because he had other obligations. And he very graciously made a point of thanking the organizers for his invitation, and apologized for being unable to attend the dinner. So, any petty people can make petty, mean-spirited comments about our ambassador not devoting the entire 24-hours to honoring Reagan, but it only shows how petty the person commenting is.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13989455

Old 07-05-2011, 10:48 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,393,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
"Why is our ambassador not here on Independence Day? No excuse. How is it that America is not represented in this room by our ambassador? It is appalling that no representative of our government is in this room. This has the feel of petty partisanship. Ambassador Susman is, of course, a long-standing Democrat fundraiser, nicknamed the vaccuum cleaner for his skill at sucking donations out of the wealthy. And his efforts to fill Obama's campaign pockets was said by many to be his main qualification to come to London."

Politics | Blogs | Evening Standard

Okay, so much for the UK's London Evening Standard story. BUT, take a look at the comments that follow it. YIKES! Honestly, I don't think Obama has a shot at winning re-election.
Yaaaaawwwwn. More petty carping from a Tory fish-wrapper. I thought Wingers didn't care what "Old Europe" thinks about us?

Did you even read the story you posted? I know the Drudge Report doesn't expect you to, just to glom onto their usual misleading headline.

Turns out Ambassador Susman hosted a celebratory breakfast for the event, and attended the unveiling. What, you want to criticise him him because he didn't show up for dinner, too? Is he supposed to devote his entire 24 hr day to this latest lionization of Saint Ronnie? I hope the notorius London pigeons become very fond of the Reagan statue. I was there last fall, and I can tell you, they are disrespectful little critters!

"Madame" Rothschild has been on Obama's @#$ since he beat out Hillary for the nomination. I remember well her shrill, idiotic posturing on Fox every day in the run-up to the 2008 election, pretending to be a feminist,trying to shave off Obama votes by warning Dems that he's, you know,"uneletable", if you get my drift (wink wink...)

Rothschild, Bush Admin refugees, and a handful of the usual bitchy letters to the editor types are hardly proof of anything, except that the Wingers obviously only thinks politics ends at the water's edge when they have the WH.

I'm kinda surprised Condi showed up, though. I would have thought she, Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld would be scared to go anywhere where the International Court could snag them for war crimes. She musta got some kind of immunity deal for the trip .

Old 07-05-2011, 10:48 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,570,733 times
Yet Biden can take off for a week and go to Italy to celebrate something as the US rep.

Go on..yawn all you want over this trivial stuff but it does add up and makes lots of "little statements" about priorities.

Old 07-05-2011, 10:52 AM

47,000 posts, read 26,056,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
"Madame" Rothschild has been on Obama's @#$ since he beat out Hillary for the nomination. I remember well her shrill, idiotic posturing on Fox every day in the run-up to the 2008 election, pretending to be a feminist,trying to shave off Obama votes by warning Dems that he's, you know,"uneletable", if you get my drift (wink wink...)
Poor little Rothschild. She paid good money to Hillary and then Hillary didn't get nominated and now she's out all that cash and her husband is still not ambassador to the UK and she'd been so looking forward to that and it's just not fair. Entitled harpy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies