Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 12:02 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Ummmmm, you failed to acknowledge the rapid spread of HIV through the straight population.

It's not that rapid and heterosexuals are capable of not only carrying and spreading the virus, but also countering it by producing offspring resistant to it. Homosexuals are only capable of hosting it and spreading it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2011, 12:02 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,528,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
You and I obviously have different definitions of homophobia. Hating homosexuals and simply believing that their actions are unnatural are two entirely different things. Don't get that mixed up.

If you are even remotely familiar with my posting history, you would know better.
Saying the airwaves are full of gays is irrational...IMHO...we have ONE gay TV station....LOGO...that's it......and we are under represented on general TV frankly.

I don't think your homophobic; but your post was..... because it was irrational and distorted reality. I go by this definition of homophobia.

Homophobia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fierce TV: RuPaul, Full Episodes, Reality TV Shows, Gay Movies | Logo TV | Watch Free Videos & New Music Videos

Old 07-08-2011, 12:05 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
It's not that rapid and heterosexuals are capable of not only carrying and spreading the virus, but also countering it by producing offspring resistant to it. Homosexuals are only capable of hosting it and spreading it.
Please provide some proof of your statements, as they are ignorant beyond belief.

Old 07-08-2011, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Please provide some proof of your statements, as they are ignorant beyond belief.
It's hysterically ignorant isn't it......the majority of HIV infections worldwide are in fact straight females.

Old 07-08-2011, 12:12 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
It's hysterically ignorant isn't it......the majority of HIV infections worldwide are in fact straight females.
I'm still picking my jaw up off the floor over the "only homosexuals are capable of hosting and spreading HIV" statement.
Wow.......

Old 07-08-2011, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Our posts crossed. Sorry about the misunderstanding.
No problem......

Many of us use the homophobia label because by definition it is an obsessive and irrational fear of gays. There are many "straight" posters here obsessed with an anti-gay agenda.....posting more often and with more emotion than all gay posters combined. Just go through recent and old threads. It's always the same people constantly obsessing over gays........we all know who they are.

You are not among them or I would not see your posts. .

Old 07-08-2011, 12:16 AM

1,084 posts, read 1,846,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
That's an interesting theory you have there Frozenyo.

I have a theory about "homophobia" as well.

Mine is that revulsion to homosexuality by heterosexuals is part of a natural survival strategy which has helped those with this innate tendency avoid diseases non-breeders are incapable of evolving to counter.

HIV found a very comfortable place to replicate itself in gay men and an efficient way to spread itself through anal intercourse. Had this virus faced breeders ages ago, it would have been effectively eliminated by new humans capable of defeating this virus. In fact, this is exactly what is taking place in heterosexuals today...

"Two weeks ago, European researchers announced that some babies born with HIV (an inheritance from their HIV-positive mothers) appear to be able to shake the virus out of their systems. Some people even seem to be totally immune to infection despite repeated, prolonged exposure to HIV."

Read more: Are Some People Immune to the AIDS Virus? - TIME

Since homosexuals have the ability to spread diseases with other homosexuals but no ability to develop resistance through sexual reproduction, and since these specialized bugs are allowed to develop in isolation until they become extremely resilient, aren't heterosexuals wise to avoid contact with the homosexuals who could potentially host them?

Are you kidding me? lol

"Host them" LOL????...

Old 07-08-2011, 12:22 AM

Quote:

You don't believe heterosexuals produce children?

Old 07-08-2011, 12:26 AM

Quote:
I'm still picking my jaw up off the floor over the "only homosexuals are capable of hosting and spreading HIV" statement.
Wow.......

If you are going to quote me, do so correctly...

"It's not that rapid and heterosexuals are capable of not only carrying and spreading the virus, but also countering it by producing offspring resistant to it. Homosexuals are only capable of hosting it and spreading it."

Old 07-08-2011, 12:29 AM

874 posts, read 1,648,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80SC View Post
Homophobes frequently refer to homosexuality as a mental disorder, despite there being no evidence to support that viewpoint. It is actually them, the homophobes who are mentally ill, often times relying on bogus and puerile religious doctrine to form their ill-informed viewpoints.

What do you think? Are homophobes suffering from a mental disorder?
They used to be treated with medicine if they were gay... as a mental disorder. Now they're just simply 'different', but not in a bad way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies