Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 03:36 PM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Can't wait to see your version of facts. Please proceed...
Uhhh did you read the o.p.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 03:40 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Uhhh did you read the o.p.?
Another bickering about tax revenue versus spending? Reading it over and over again often won't get you there... start contributing with "facts", even if they happen to be your very own.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:45 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,899,643 times
Isn't that funny how effective our flat payroll taxes are? Maybe we should take note for personal and corporate income taxes.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:51 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
No they are not always right.

They overestimated the cost of the banking bailout.

They overestimated the 2009 budget deficit.

You are clearly brainwashed....I've pretty much destroyed your propaganda thread by linking to newspapers of record, their recognized Federal budget experts, and the non-partisan, accurate CBO projections.

You can dwell in ignorance for all I care.
Funny how when called out you declare the debate over. FACT is the cbo is constantly updating its numbers. Maybe you should do some research and find out how the CBO actually gets their numbers to begin with and you'll see why I say what I say.

FACT is cutting a couple hundred billion in defense and raising some taxes won't even us out. You think it will in ten years but what about the spending over the next ten years?? You act as though spending will either not be the same or will just disappear?? That sir/maam is like paying the min on your credit card expecting it to be less the next month.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:53 PM

Two things are so obvious even a 10yo could understand it. As the chart shows mandatory spending, ie entitlements, eat up too much of the budget. They have to be revamped or all this taxing is a moot point because the entitlements continue to rise faster than any tax revenue one can pull in. Secondly if out of control spending isn't stopped it's all moot. Its pretty simple you only spend what you take in.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:54 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
It's quite obvious what needs to be revamped in order for the country to survive. Tax cuts aint gonna do it. Cutting a hundred billion from defense will help but get us nowhere near where we need to be. Raising taxes will make a dent but barely and raising taxes on business will cause more unemployment and thus counter the tax imposed on said business. We have to redo entitlements or all else is basically moot at this point.

Taking apart the federal budget (washingtonpost.com)
Hard to believe that only ten years ago we spend 'only' 300B in defence, and now it is 900B.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:59 PM

1,019 posts, read 590,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Yep, the elephant in the room is our social entitlements. Democrats and Liberals had better come to their senses.....your political ancestors screwed you....now its time to step up to the plate and show them that you have what it takes to fix their mistakes. Will you do it?
Do pigs soar like eagles, riding the thermals for hour after hour using very little effort to cover endless miles?

Old 07-11-2011, 04:02 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,643,129 times
Why does Defense get so much money? I think we should damn all the wars, cut foreign aid, damn the missile development programs and black programs such as Area 51 (approx. $80B a year) for at least 10 years. Hell, 30 million people could get over 25 grand each on 895 billion dollars a year. That's the cost of college tuition for a year! I think we should spend less on military operations, and spend more on educating and providing social welfare support programs for our youth and for eliminating the poor. I don't know how and I'm not a public policy analyst, but that much money going toward conquering other nations, whose business is none of our business, is outrageous in my opinion.

Old 07-11-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Hard to believe that only ten years ago we spend 'only' 300B in defence, and now it is 900B.
We'll its 800 last I looked but some cutting there woldn't hurt. Lord only knows how much money is wasted in the defense budget along with every other department in our government.

Old 07-11-2011, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
Why does Defense get so much money? I think we should damn all the wars, cut foreign aid, damn the missile development programs and black programs such as Area 51 (approx. $80B a year) for at least 10 years. Hell, 30 million people could get over 25 grand each on 895 billion dollars a year. That's the cost of college tuition for a year! I think we should spend less on military operations, and spend more on educating and providing social welfare support programs for our youth and for eliminating the poor. I don't know how and I'm not a public policy analyst, but that much money going toward conquering other nations, whose business is none of our business, is outrageous in my opinion.
Who would be those thirty million people? Why not give 300 million $2500 each? Or is that too much to pay for our defense? Or do only those in "need" get your 25K? Do you think when we're not in a war the cost of the military is free? When bubba was in office we still spent around 350-400 billion on defense and that was after he reduced troop levels and laid a heavy burden on the reserves and national guard which is part of the reason it's costing more now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies