Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 07:38 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,506,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yeah, great victories right there. Real good whooping the GOP took......um, wait a sec. I seem to remember an HISTORIC electoral victory and derriere whooping for the dems in 2010...because of obamacare. And there WILL be more to come on that front for 2012.
I didn't see Obama on any ballot in 2010?? And what exactly what has the GOP done with that historic win? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 07:39 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,011,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I keep reading that Obama is a hopeless loser who could not arrange a sock drawer, but he got my attention by slam dunking the Clintons, burying McCain, pushing through health care, and vanquishing the GOP several times. Oh, and then there is that tall terrorist guy everyone wanted to catch.

Now, I really do think he wants to strike a decent bargain, but the TP contingent keeps having tantrums, then getting spanked.

He seems like a fairly cool, steady customer to me, and the people talking him down are looking sillier by the day.
Seems discernment is not one of your strengths.

Let me help you out. Next time you're in the mood to cheerlead you can skip all that typing and just post this;

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Yeah, he's kicking their but by making sure those less fortunate will have healthcare, can afford higher education, clean air to breath, find cures to current and future diseases through stem-cell research, killing terrorists, etc..I'm sure our grandkids will be highly upset with him.
And yet not one of those which you claim are part of the powers enumerated to him by the US Constitution. In fact, he may very well have violated the Constitution numerous times in the process.

Yes, when future generations understand that they have lost their liberty and are tied to the bondage of the debt from this administration I suspect upset will be an understatement in how they view this time in history and this POTUS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Yes, the 2010 midterms were further evidence of Obama's arse-whopping abilities. The landslide victory for the Democrats was unprecedented and record breaking, and I should expect nothing less considering Obama personally campaigned for half of the Democratic candidates with the other half getting at least a video endorsement.
Obama lost in 2010? WHo knew? LOL..

Old 07-12-2011, 07:40 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,329,379 times
Quote:
Yeah, he's kicking their but by making sure those less fortunate will have healthcare, can afford higher education, clean air to breath, find cures to current and future diseases through stem-cell research, killing terrorists, etc..I'm sure our grandkids will be highly upset with him.
When they can afford a loaf of bread and we're all speaking Mandarin, I'm sure they'll be eternally grateful.

Quote:
I didn't see Obama on any ballot in 2010?? And what exactly what has the GOP done with that historic win? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!
They slowed down the impending trainwreck. There's only so much they can do given they only control half of congress.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
And yet not one of those which you claim are part of the powers enumerated to him by the US Constitution. In fact, he may very well have violated the Constitution numerous times in the process.

Yes, when future generations understand that they have lost their liberty and are tied to the bondage of the debt from this administration I suspect upset will be an understatement in how they view this time in history and this POTUS.
Seriously? LMAO..Obama love the kids and the kids love Obama. Keep up that pipe dream as the GOP numbers dwindle and the Dem numbers grow.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:43 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,941,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Now, I really do think he wants to strike a decent bargain, but the TP contingent keeps having tantrums, then getting spanked.
Why do you think that? What evidence do you have to back up yrou thought? What "decent bargain" has he put forth?

Old 07-12-2011, 07:43 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,035,466 times
Quote:
Obama lost in 2010? WHo knew? LOL..
Indeed. He lost 63 allies in the House and 6 in the Senate.

Obama's policies were put on trial in front of the American people and were soundly defeated.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
When they can afford a loaf of bread and we're all speaking Mandarin, I'm sure they'll be eternally grateful.
hahaha. You guys are going off the deep end. Last I heard, we'd be reading the Koran now it's Mandarin. I aslo heard we'd have breadlines in 09' but the hostess outlet still has loaves for a buck

Old 07-12-2011, 07:45 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,329,379 times
Quote:
hahaha. You guys are going off the deep end. Last I heard, we'd be reading the Koran now it's Mandarin. I aslo heard we'd have breadlines in 09' but the hostess outlet still has loaves for a buck
Mhmm.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies