Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 07:45 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,506,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Indeed. He lost 63 allies in the House and 6 in the Senate.

Obama's policies were put on trial in front of the American people and were soundly defeated.
63 dems in the house lost and 6 in the senate lost not Obama. If he lost all that, why'd he win today? LOL..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 07:45 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,192,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I keep reading that Obama is a hopeless loser who could not arrange a sock drawer, but he got my attention by slam dunking the Clintons, burying McCain, pushing through health care, and vanquishing the GOP several times. Oh, and then there is that tall terrorist guy everyone wanted to catch.

Now, I really do think he wants to strike a decent bargain, but the TP contingent keeps having tantrums, then getting spanked.

He seems like a fairly cool, steady customer to me, and the people talking him down are looking sillier by the day.
I bet you think the Chicago Cubs will win the World Series too.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:46 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I keep reading that Obama is a hopeless loser who could not arrange a sock drawer, but he got my attention by slam dunking the Clintons, burying McCain, pushing through health care, and vanquishing the GOP several times. Oh, and then there is that tall terrorist guy everyone wanted to catch.

Now, I really do think he wants to strike a decent bargain, but the TP contingent keeps having tantrums, then getting spanked.

He seems like a fairly cool, steady customer to me, and the people talking him down are looking sillier by the day.
Boy you can tell you live on the left side of the country::

1-he got attention for several reasons and I won't mention one of them.
He said he would do a million good things for the country: I can't think of one really important good thing he has done.

2-How so? He bought McCain? that statement makes no sense.

3-He wasn't alone when he pushed through a healthcare plan the majority of the people did not want. He had both houses in his corner.

4-He was in the right place at the right time to see that Bin Laden was put out of his misery, but if you think he is solely responsible wow you have a lot to learn about politics and our country, plus the world.

5-Wants to strike a deal? Can you explain that? Everything he is alluting to is in the future, maybes and no action right now: that is striking a fair deal?

NIta

Old 07-12-2011, 07:47 PM

27,576 posts, read 28,680,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
And what exactly what has the GOP done with that historic win? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!
They prepared the way for a landslide GOP Presidential victory in 2012. That's more than enough.

Enough with the children. We need grown-ups back in office.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post

They slowed down the impending trainwreck. There's only so much they can do given they only control half of congress.
What have they done exactly to slow something down? Really, what? They ignored everything worth a crap and spent 6 months haggling over and losing a fight over planned parenthood.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
They prepared the way for a landslide GOP victory in 2012. That's more than enough.
Yeah, it was going to be a landslide in 08' too. What's new?

Old 07-12-2011, 07:49 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,329,379 times
Quote:
What have they done exactly to slow something down? Really, what? They ignored everything worth a crap and spent 6 months haggling over and losing a fight over planned parenthood.
Do you really need for me to explain to you how government works? Without his supermajority, Obama has been neutered.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:49 PM

27,576 posts, read 28,680,428 times
Quote:
Yeah, it was going to be a landslide in 08' too. What's new?
Your very poor argument skills?

Old 07-12-2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Boy you can tell you live on the left side of the country::

1-he got attention for several reasons and I won't mention one of them.
He said he would do a million good things for the country: I can't think of one really important good thing he has done.

2-How so? He bought McCain? that statement makes no sense.

3-He wasn't alone when he pushed through a healthcare plan the majority of the people did not want. He had both houses in his corner.

4-He was in the right place at the right time to see that Bin Laden was put out of his misery, but if you think he is solely responsible wow you have a lot to learn about politics and our country, plus the world.

5-Wants to strike a deal? Can you explain that? Everything he is alluting to is in the future, maybes and no action right now: that is striking a fair deal?

NIta
1. He beat out well established candidates Clinton and Mccain.

2. He owned McCain.

3. He passed healhcare which no other president was able to do.

4. He set the mission, put the intelligence team in place and ordered the strike in a soverign nation to get Bin Laden.

5. He offered cuts to social security and medicaire but oh well, the GOP folded.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Your very poor argument skills?
Nah, it's just nothing to argue about. Obama continues to win. Deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies