Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 07:54 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,506,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Do you really need for me to explain to you how government works? Without his supermajority, Obama has been neutered.
Wow, so the GOP just folded to a neutered President? What does that make them, totally castrated? LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 07:56 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,329,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
1. He beat out well established candidates Clinton and Mccain.

2. He owned McCain.

3. He passed healhcare which no other president was able to do.

4. He set the mission, put the intelligence team in place and ordered the strike in a soverign nation to get Bin Laden.

5. He offered cuts to social security and medicaire but oh well, the GOP folded.
1. & 2. With a complicit media who buried any and all negative news stories about Obama.

3. Which nobody wanted and precious few in congress even read before passing. It's such a great POS legislation that wavers have been granted left and right.

4. The mission was already set, as was the intelligence. All he did was authorize it.

5. What? Obama wants to kill grandma???

Old 07-12-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Wow, so the GOP just folded to a neutered President? What does that make them, totally castrated? LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!
As opposed to "half castrated"? What does that even mean? You're too easy. Apparently you don't realize that castrated and neutered mean the same damn thing.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:02 PM

Quote:
1. & 2. With a complicit media who buried any and all negative news stories about Obama.

3. Which nobody wanted and precious few in congress even read before passing. It's such a great POS legislation that wavers have been granted left and right.

4. The mission was already set, as was the intelligence. All he did was authorize it.

5. What? Obama wants to kill grandma???
1-2..Complete lies. The media covered the Wright and Ayers non-stories endlessly, the "clinging" comment nonstop. Foxnews also made up assorted dramas..

3. I guess 50% is nobody.

4. The mission WAS NOT set. Bush said, he doesn't think about Bin Laden. Obama made the call and everybody not a GOP hack gives him credit.

5.I have no idea what you're talkin about.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
As opposed to "half castrated"? What does that even mean? You're too easy. Apparently you don't realize that castrated and neutered mean the same damn thing.
Yippie, yippie, you win the semantics war. Hooray!!! You realize the GOP still folded.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:05 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,386,717 times
Quote:
While I'm glad of the recent events... I wouldn't gloat. Politics is a messy business and can turn on you in a microsecond. Appreciate the event and I say, move on.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:07 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,242,711 times
Obama is a typical sleaze-bag Chicago politician, a behind-the-scenes government deal-maker. You support my pork projects, I support yours, Big Government gets ever-bigger and Big Business gets all the sweet deals, and the working class dies under over-taxation and over-regulation. Under the guise of "reform," the people will suffer huge tax increases and power-grabs by government. At the same time the Special Interests will get even larger windfalls, in return for their cooperation.

While the actors in Washington try to pretend there is actual dissention and conflict between parties, it is all a ruse to keep the sheeple supporting the system that enslaves them. Will either the Repubs or the Dems stop government growth, overspending and overborrowing? Of course not. Will they stop waging endless wars and giving away American tax dollars to every other nation in the world? Of course not. Will they stop the Free Trade and Globalization idiocy that destroyed our economy and Middle Class? Of course not. Will they make even token attempts to stop all wealth flowing to the ultra-rich? No way.

Politicians will continue living lives of ultimate luxury, as our nation falls apart and the last illusions of security fade away. Any working American that manages an income that could pay for exploding cost of living, will be taxed back into poverty.

Forget calling the political party you don't like childish names. ALL politicians work for Big Government and Big Business, and will take every penny you have to support this new political aristocracy. The politicians who claim to represent the "little guy," like Obama, will turn out to be the most traitorous of all. Even when the excessive size of government is more than our struggling economy can survive, the only changes that will ever come out of Washington will be even larger tax and regulatory burdens on those who already are crushed under the current system.

Just wait a while, and what little you have left to live on will be confiscated by government under Obamacare and "budget reform" initiatives. Demo or Repub, the result is the same. More taxes, less freedom, more Government, more slavery to an aristocracy that thinks you are nothing but a worm to be squashed underfoot.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
While I'm glad of the recent events... I wouldn't gloat. Politics is a messy business and can turn on you in a microsecond. Appreciate the event and I say, move on.
In the CD P/C forum, you gloat..This isn't reality.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:
1-2..Complete lies. The media covered the Wright and Ayers non-stories endlessly, the "clinging" comment nonstop. Foxnews also made up assorted dramas..

3. I guess 50% is nobody.

4. The mission WAS NOT set. Bush said, he doesn't think about Bin Laden. Obama made the call and everybody not a GOP hack gives him credit.

5.I have no idea what you're talkin about.
1&2. That's a load of bull.

3. 50%? Guess again.

4. One statement by Bush does not negate an entire military mission. The whole purpose of our being in Afghanistan was Bin Laden. All Obama did was authorize the attack, and he probably was dragged kicking and screaming to make that call. PS - I even gave him credit for making the correct call, btw. Feel free to fact check my posts on it.

5. Of course you don't. I wouldn't expect someone of your caliber to comprehend.

Quote:
Yippie, yippie, you win the semantics war. Hooray!!! You realize the GOP still folded.
And you win the cognitively challenged war! Congrats.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:09 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,582,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
If he's kicking anyone in the ass with his spending, it's us -and our grandkids.
Do you really know or care why the president has HAD to spend the way he did? If he had not the American economy would have totally collasped and we would probably be right now in a severe depression. What is wrong with you people that you are so blind you can not see that the present administration is paying the price for many years of bad, bad bad decisions in Washington.

Here in Canada we have had a very conservative government for the last quite a while. Big time fiscal conservatives and guess what? They have had the biggest deficits in Canadian history over the last couple of years. It could not be helped unless we were ready to see half the country unemployed. Now that things are stabilized a bit the government is chipping away at that deficit and will be back in the black around 2014 or so.

It's not a good thing to have a debt the size of the USA's debt but it's sure not the humongous problem the Rightwing portrays it to be. Your country still has a triple AAA credit rating. If the GOP allows the country to default you can kiss that rating goodbye and I hope that you know it will cost the country many billions in extra interest payments on any new bonds the country has to float. These GOP goofballs are the type to cut off their noses just to spite their faces. They could give a tinkers damn about the good or the welfare of the country. These same idiots who would cut poor retirees benefits of all types can't see any problem in giving the biggest most profitable companys in the world billions in subsidies. And you don't think there is a class war going on here?

The right has always been the same from the time they first took their seats to the right of the King in England's Parlament. They represent property and privilege and their CLASS. Nothing else and no one else.
Their motto should be, "Class before country" because it certainly is!!!!

Go ahead, let these idiots get control of the country again and see what happens. In 15 years I won't have to go to Mexico to be in the 3rd world I will just have to cross the bridge to Niagara Falls NY. It's well on the way there already but it's not too late to turn it around for a government that cares about the country and not just it's class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies