Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 03:07 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,799,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I explained it. Why else do you think we hear Israel and its intentions to attack Iran, on a cyclic basis (usually a twice a year)?
You do realize that Israel is also protecting Palestinians from Iran. In case you haven't looked at a map recently, if Iran nukes or attacks any part of Israel (and we all know it'll aim for Tel Aviv or Jerusalem) the entire West Bank and Gaza Strip will also be liquified.

This on top of the nearly 1.5 Million Israeli Arabs that live in Northern and Central Israel that will also likely perish and/or suffer the horrible aftermaths of bombs.

Which begs the question: Do people who want Israel attacked want to really help Palestinians or just see Israelis (Jew and Arab) killed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 03:07 PM

604 posts, read 750,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
China and Russia will do nothing. The US is their number one customer and buys all their crap! They should be more concerned about upsetting us.

China has been amping up it's military for 'protection'

I bet North Korea would try something. It's massive army threatens South Korea, and Japan (as does China)

I'm not sure who's bark is louder?

Iran barks because it is an oppressive regime and cannot look weak, so backing down to Israel would be like Sadam Hussein letting us come look at his 'WMDs', even if they don't have any, it's giving in to foreignors and showing weakness.

Israel barks because they legitimately are afraid Iran will attempt to wipe them off the map.

Iran needs an exit out of the tension that won't make them look weak.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:14 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Yeah and WWIII breaks out. You're clueless. What the world needs to do is say you know what Iran.....fine you want to have nuclear weapons you can build whatever you want. But there will be 100% transparency and the world will know EXACTLY what you have and where they are. The minute they launch even one nuclear weapon in a pre-emptive strike their entire existence will be wiped out. That is what you do. The bigger question is why should the US care? Iran is absolutely zero threat to us and our country. Let Israel take care of their own problems.
Ahem...you are the clueless one, but let me try to help you.

War involving Iran, that hates us, too...in any way is, one way or the other going to cause OUR energy prices to skyrocket. Our crime will go up with 6dollar a gallon gas, and since we're flirting with 4, right now, this will happen if they go to war.

We have a president that said he would make our energy prices skyrocket as he goes after the coal industry. We are not drilling enough of our own oil, and are still dependent upon the middle east's oil much moreso than we should be, and have to be.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Are you really that arrogant and that braindead to think that The US, Europe, and Israel could ever decisively so attack and defeat Russia, China, Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan, North Korea, in an all out world war? You're nuts and even more delusional than the politicians running our country.

Actually, I think it'd just be China, Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan (who I don't consider a viable enemy with their economy and country at it's current state) North Korea, Egypt

Allies-
Europe- UK, France, Germany
South Korea, Australia, Canada

Neutral-
Russia
Europe
Africa

I think Russia would see how the war was going before deciding where and who to hit first and to side with.

Yes, they dislike America, but they'd be weighing who is the lesser of two evils, a world led by the US or led by China, and their crazy North Korean friends...

Basically, I think nations with large Islamic ties/populations would side agaisnt Europe and the traditional American allies.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:16 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,041,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
You do realize that Israel is also protecting Palestinians from Iran. In case you haven't looked at a map recently, if Iran nukes or attacks any part of Israel (and we all know it'll aim for Tel Aviv or Jerusalem) the entire West Bank and Gaza Strip will also be liquified.

This on top of the nearly 1.5 Million Israeli Arabs that live in Northern and Central Israel that will also likely perish and/or suffer the horrible aftermaths of bombs.

Which begs the question: Do people who want Israel attacked want to really help Palestinians or just see Israelis (Jew and Arab) killed?

IRAN HASN'T DONE ANYTHING and there isn't even any proof that they have the bomb. Geez..............get a clue!!!!!! The US has been gunning for Iran for the better part of 50 years. It was the American CIA that toppled the democratically elected Mossadegh in the 50s and installed the Shah. It was the US military and General Schwarzkopf who trained the Iranian SAVAK. It was the US navy that shot down an Iranian airliner in Iranian airspace killing 200+ people. And what did our illustrious glorious leader Geoge Bush I say at the time'......." I will never apologize for America"........LOL.... It is the US that has completely surrounded Iran by invading Iraq, Afghanistan, etc. Wake up! You think going to war with Iran is about protecting Israel and keeping Palestinians safe?????? Keep drinking the kool aid.

Even if they did have the bomb who cares? So does Pakistan and NK and look how they are managed. Look the bottomline is if Iran doesn't have the bomb now they will have it eventually or maybe something worse as technology progresses. Then what? Nuclear weapons proliferation is an unfortunate aspect of modern technological advancement. It's better for the future of the world to try to get along and make friends with a country like Iran instead of war. Iran is a very modern country with a population as sophisticated and educated as Americans. Think about all the innocent lives that will be lost. Iran isn't just letters on a map with fanatical leaders. There are millions of citizens that don't agree with nor support their government.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:19 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,041,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Ranger View Post
Actually, I think it'd just be China, Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan (who I don't consider a viable enemy with their economy and country at it's current state) North Korea, Egypt

Allies-
Europe- UK, France, Germany
South Korea, Australia, Canada

Neutral-
Russia
Europe
Africa

I think Russia would see how the war was going before deciding where and who to hit first and to side with.

Yes, they dislike America, but they'd be weighing who is the lesser of two evils, a world led by the US or led by China, and their crazy North Korean friends...

Basically, I think nations with large Islamic ties/populations would side agaisnt Europe and the traditional American allies.

Yeah Afghanistan is hardly a viable enemy.......they've just managed to keep at bay a solid victory by the most sohpisticated modern well supplied military the world has ever seen for the last ten years.......... They may not have the tanks and predator drones..............but has that really made a difference? They could send thousands of suicide bombers and other soldiers willing to blow themselves up. That is more dangerous than a standing army as we have obviously seen so far in the War on Terror. You don't need tanks and satellites to win a guerilla war.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:24 PM

31,062 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
you professing Israel hiding behind America, again?
Of course I'll take Israel over any POS 3rd world middle Eastern Fundamentalist Islamic country out there.

We in the west should have done a better job of dividing up the middle east when we did it the first time! If there is a war in the middle east we could divide Iran out of existance anyway. It's probably about time

Quote:
Ive always wondered about that myself

Old 11-07-2011, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Yeah Afghanistan is hardly a viable enemy.......they've just managed to keep at bay a solid victory by the most sohpisticated modern well supplied military the world has ever seen for the last ten years.......... They may not have the tanks and predator drones..............but has that really made a difference? They could send thousands of suicide bombers and other soldiers willing to blow themselves up. That is more dangerous than a standing army as we have obviously seen so far in the War on Terror. You don't need tanks and satellites to win a guerilla war.

I said Afghanistan, not the Taliban and Al Qaeda, who we've been fighting ALONGSIDE the Afghan military.

Also, there would be a world-wide increase in sleeper cell and terrorist groups, now being encouraged and funded to attack Pro-U.S. forces more often

Old 11-07-2011, 03:57 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
In case you haven't looked at a map recently, if Iran nukes or attacks any part of Israel (and we all know it'll aim for Tel Aviv or Jerusalem) the entire West Bank and Gaza Strip will also be liquified.
That gets my vote for Most Bizarre and Incongruous Statement of the Day on C-D.

You might want to look at a map.

And after you do that, you can learn about something called "combat radius" which is not the same thing as "range."

Iran has no nuclear weapons program nor does it have nuclear weapons, but assuming for a moment that it did, the maximum yield would only be 60 kt.

Why? Because Iran has only uranium and no means of producing plutonium (or separating plutonium) and so any nuclear device Iran may have could only be uranium-based.

There are no missiles on Planet Earth capable of delivering a 60 kt uranium-based warhead. Even the US couldn't do that. Only the Russians have an aircraft capable of delivering a warhead that freaking humongous.

It took the US 6 months to slap together a single-gun uranium warhead. It took South Africa and Pakistan about 4 months.

It's been what, 8 years now and people are still frothing at the mouth over something they don't even understand.

Quote:
I explained it. Why else do you think we hear Israel and its intentions to attack Iran, on a cyclic basis (usually a twice a year)?
The reason is because Israel cannot attack Iran. Israel has neither the aircraft or tanker assets capable of an attack on Iran.

At most, Israel could do a suicide mission on the dual-reactors at Bushwher.

The only way Israel could possibly attack Iran is with US military involvement.

In any event, Israel, like Russia, never telegraphs its intentions to anyone.

If Israel ever intended to do anything, then they would have said nothing and just did it (assuming they had sufficient help from the US).

The fact that Israel keeps spewing rhetoric is a clear indicator that Israel will do nothing except continue to spew rhetoric.

Quote:
So let's see we have a nation that allows no international inspectors into their own nuclear facilities, doesn't tell the world that they even have nuclear capability or to what extent accusing another nation of POSSIBLY having enough weapons grade material for ONE or maybe TWO weapons/bombs while being surrounded by the US on all sides. Meanwhile, Pakistan is a country that is much more unstable than Iran actually has nuclear weapons, along with North Korea. Yet we sit idly by and funnel BILLIONS into both of these countries trying to stablize and pacify them. What a joke! My country the big bad USA is run by a bunch of cowards. I hope, I pray that Israel attacks Iran and they get their ass handed to them and our stupid government sends the US military to rescue or support them and China and Russia get involved. I hope this happens because maybe, JUST MAYBE the American people might for once in their pathetic lazy lives might actually stand up and say enough is enough. But I doubt it. We as Americans will be sold another lie in order to get us into another war..............and the idiotic American people will once again be plastering yellow ribbons around the country and slapping SUPPORT THE TROOPS bumper stickers all over their gas guzzling SUVS while buying their cheap Chinese made crap!
Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Iran is not "just" one of the nations that has the capability for a nuke, or two!
Iran has no capability.

Quote:
Iran, unlike Israel, has in a salivating way, stated that they hate Israel and are determined to annhialate her.
The Israeli government, not the Israeli people.

Quote:
Israel, with all of its nukes, is NOT that way towards Iran.
Is not that way publicly. You have no idea what is said privately, or behind closed doors, or during military exercises.

Quote:
Iran is forcing Israel's hand by its continued, blatant and serious THREATS.
Israel is the one making the threats. Israel has made repeated threats when Khatami was in power and Bush's total disrespect and snubbing of the moderate President Khatami is the reason why Ahmadinejad was elected and the moderate President Khatami was not re-elected.

Israel continued it's threats until Ahmadinejad responded. Israel continues to make threats.

Quote:
Israel is wise and just to take Iran's capabilities OUT, before it does what it is nutty enough, and hateful enough to do, and is repeatedly in Israel, and the world's proverbial face, THREATENING to do.
As I have explained ad nauseum ad infinitum Israel cannot attack Iran (and Iran even though Iran could launch a limited attack on Israel with planes and not missiles it won't).

Israel is just making idle threats.

What threats did Israel make before attacking Syria? Iraq? Egypt? And others?

None. Why? Israel uses a modified version of the same war-fighting style Russia uses (as the US found out to its surprise and horror in 1974).

Quote:
God bless Israel to act and do it swiftly, before it's too late. I stand with Israel proudly, firmly and with the confidence of knowing my wisdom is serving me well, in this situation.
You stand with them here in the US, but you wouldn't go to Israel and stand with them.

It's easy to talk big when you have two very large oceans protecting you.

Old 11-07-2011, 04:04 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
Quote:
Ahem...you are the clueless one, but let me try to help you.

War involving Iran, that hates us, too...in any way is, one way or the other going to cause OUR energy prices to skyrocket. Our crime will go up with 6dollar a gallon gas, and since we're flirting with 4, right now, this will happen if they go to war.

We have a president that said he would make our energy prices skyrocket as he goes after the coal industry. We are not drilling enough of our own oil, and are still dependent upon the middle east's oil much moreso than we should be, and have to be.
we drill our own oil and develop our own natural gas.

we tell israel to work it out with iran any way they see fit, and then WE stay the heck out of it.

problem solved.

otherwise, it always winds up being the united states as the "bad" guy and it isn't even our problem!

it is interesting how the world is changing. (with not only the UNESCO vote). it looks like the UN vote on palestinian statehood is going to have a lot of abstentions:

http://www.eurasiareview.com/0611201...ood-vote-oped/

Until now, the U.S. seemed assured of getting the No votes of its traditional allies on the Council, France, German and Britain. But France has announced it will abstain and a BBC foreign editor tweeted yesterday night and the Telegraph reported that the UK will also abstain.

According to the latter, Colombia, another traditional U.S. ally will also abstain. It appears likely that Bosnia too will abstain. That means that Palestine will likely get 8 Yes votes and the U.S. will have a total of only three No votes. In other words, only two other nations on the Council will likely join us in casting our vote.

The question now is whether German will as well. If it does, it leaves the U.S. practically alone on the Council in voting No.

Last edited by floridasandy; 11-07-2011 at 04:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies