Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2013, 08:47 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
It was prophesied 2,000 years ago that Christians will be hated..
Self-fulfilling prophecy. Fundamentalist extremists act like hateful monsters and demonize everyone who isn't exactly like them, and then when people fight back, they cry persecution and justify it because Jesus said Christians will be persecuted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2013, 08:51 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,922,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Can you imagine looking to an Internet company to validate your faith? Something really sick and wrong there!!!!
That is because christians are deeply insecure in their faith and see persecution around every corner.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:58 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,631,521 times
Christian-haters in my opinion. God and Jesus are authority figures and they don't like that. Plus Christians in their beliefs say that abortion is murder and homosexuality is an abomination to God. Non-christians HATE this. They want to be tolerated but they won't tolerate differing opinions. I don't know if someone calling their practice sinful or murder or whatever makes them feel guilty or if they don't want any differing opinion because they believe they are above anyone else. What would it matter to them anyway, what Christians say, believe of practice? They are pushing their lifestyles onto everyone else in the form of laws anyway. Wait until the supreme court gives its ruling in June. They'll cave to popular opinion as much as I don't want to see this happen but instead want to see it go back to the individual states. As I mentioned in another post, a Gay-Pride parade down the main street of every town, USA, a rainbow flag flying from every front porch, abortion for all for any purpose, homosexuality taught in every elementary school. Getting back to the Christian-hate thing, Jesus said to his disciples, in essence, "If the world hates me, it will hate you".

Old 03-31-2013, 09:04 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
Christian-haters in my opinion. God and Jesus are authority figures and they don't like that. Plus Christians in their beliefs say that abortion is murder and homosexuality is an abomination to God. Non-christians HATE this. They want to be tolerated but they won't tolerate differing opinions. I don't know if someone calling their practice sinful or murder or whatever makes them feel guilty or if they don't want any differing opinion because they believe they are above anyone else. What would it matter to them anyway, what Christians say, believe of practice? They are pushing their lifestyles onto everyone else in the form of laws anyway. Wait until the supreme court gives its ruling in June. They'll cave to popular opinion as much as I don't want to see this happen but instead want to see it go back to the individual states. As I mentioned in another post, a Gay-Pride parade down the main street of every town, USA, a rainbow flag flying from every front porch, abortion for all for any purpose, homosexuality taught in every elementary school. Getting back to the Christian-hate thing, Jesus said to his disciples, in essence, "If the world hates me, it will hate you".
Jesus also condemned self-righteous conservatives. Your attitude does not exhibit good fruit, and thus by Jesus' own words, he will say he does not know you. You should spend more time reading Matthew 7, and less time cherry picking Leviticus. And just a heads up, neither "homosexuality" or "abomination" exist in the original scriptures. There is no such thing in Hebrew or Greek. The fact that you quote those words as claiming they were spoken by G-d when he said no such thing is proof of your evil agenda.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:06 AM

5,994 posts, read 3,733,906 times
Quote:
As I've said before; show me physical proof there is a god, any god and then you might have a point. Until then you cannot enact any law based on what "God" wants or finds abominable.

The conflict comes when Christians (or any religion) attempt to enact laws based on their beliefs therefore imposing their brand of religion onto those who do not wish it. You are not being persecuted, you are just not being allowed to shove your religion down our throats anymore.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:11 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,926,415 times
Many churches in the past have been watering down Christianity,and now we are seeing the result.
At the very same time other churches have been becoming more defigned in their teaching making a solid stand, particulary on values Jesus taught , this contrast creates a stronger division with in what is called the church.
The world in general has only tollerated christianity in general because for the most part christians are not the agressors , most often the passifist in the crowd .
Can you note a current time when christians demanded their rights?
I don't now of any .
No one pushes christianity down any ones throat , it's tough enough to find chcristians that will shair their faith to begin with.
Yet every opposing force is rising up as though christians ran things and controled it all .
And it is simply not so.
There are values liberals hate like truth ,but in a hipocritical way.
Liberals want quality in the products they buy , but will abuse the return policy to have the free use of them, inventing a lie to justify the return.
The values in Christianity clearly teach all liars will end in hell (Revelations)
So even christians that participate in lies are not exempt. Clear enough.
Liberals do not like conciquences for their actions, yet they will sue your sox off if you slightly offend them. Isn't that hipocratic ?
A famous phrase among liberals is ," it's easier to get forgivness than permission."
Where do you suppose the idea of forgiveness came from to begin with ?
Though it is abused, there are some rules concerning forgivness liberals do not like either.
So it is not the values of christianity that are so bad, it is the fact that there are personal conciquences for abuse.
It is God that sets the standard.
For some of you God is too far away to be real ,but for those of us that have give our heart to God into a new life, He is very near, very real .
It is not religious doctrine nor knowledge of the scriptures nor the list of one's accomplishments or failures, almost nothing to do with the academic but every thing to do with fellowship with God.
A child can be more capable than many adults , in a walk of faith in a relationship with God ,given the oppurtunity .
The moment of truth, is when the test comes and obedience is required.
This is where those that succeed and or fail establish their future. Choosing.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:16 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
You Christians should all boycott CD. There is no jesus or cross on their logo either.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:29 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:

Please...

Rejection of your faith does not equal hate. Except perhaps in your own mind. With a mind poisoned by hate and paralyzed by fear, your objectivity vanishes.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:41 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,335,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
The world in general has only tollerated christianity in general because for the most part christians are not the agressors , most often the passifist in the crowd...
Ha! That's a good one!

This, of course, is only true if you completely ignore the first three-fourths of the history of Christianity and a goodly bit of the last 5 centuries of its history.

Old 03-31-2013, 10:54 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
It was prophesied 2,000 years ago that Christians will be hated. In America it is called 'secularism' and is becoming visible in all walks of life and in all our institutions. Numerous legislative and legal battles which I'll discuss below attest to the fact that religious warfare is taking place.

Our entertainment industry and the news media sneer at anyone who defends Jesus Christ in public and have been leading a propaganda war of stereotyping Christians into a subordinate class.

Americas' mainstream news media ignores conservative and Christian news events, except when coverage makes religious leaders look "cold, intolerant and oppressive. Their coverage of the anti-christian agenda is all but ignored and rarely reported on. Of course, that is understandable when you realize they are part of the anti-christian cabal and have agreed not to cover what is discussed at the globalist meetings they attend .
For evangelical, right wing Christians, not wishing to be under their foot, not believing their beliefs, not desiring their beliefs to become the law of the land, and not wishing to join their churches, constitutes "hate."

For evangelical, right wing Christians, it's not enough that they worship their own religion, no.

Evangelical, right wing Christians have got to control everyone, control everything, control laws, turn this into an evangelical, right wing Christian country. When others refuse that, and protest the attempts of evangelical, right wing Christians to control all things and all laws, evangelical, right wing Christians get very angry, feel offended, feel PERSECUTED.

I strongly urge evangelical, right wing Christians get some therapy and get over themselves. They're clearly egocentric and won't feel fine until they've got everyone under evangelical, right wing Christian control.

I say to evangelical, right wing Christian: GET A LIFE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies