Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2011, 10:49 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Perhaps offering help to those that don't want to be gay is something that backfires at times, but psychology is a "practice" in every sense of the word. Many receive years of psychological therapy, only to end up turning to drugs for relief of their illness, such as depression.
I am thinking that a better approach for the gay community would be to start their own church. When people disagree with fundamental principles of one chapter, they start another, such as the Lutherans, Protestants, and Baptists did. Why not start a gay Christian church, instead of turning your hatred toward the entire belief system. I know there are Christian Animal Rights groups. You don't have to discard God, because of one principal that you disagree with. Christianity can embrace many differnt views of what is required of us. iow don't throw out the baby with the bathwater.
Why should they start their own church? You don't want them in yours?

Old 07-23-2011, 10:52 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,542,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowincal11 View Post
Based on the gay stereotypes the rednecks have:

1. Male homosexuals are all feminine in demeanor
2. Male homosexuals have feminine voices
3. Male homosexuals are into hair and fashion

I would say that Marcus Bachmann satisfies all 3.

Old 07-23-2011, 11:20 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
The people in the video have no dignity to show off and make a public spectacle of themselves at a private clinic.

Maybe you can share some insight about why some gays choose to make a public show of their eccentricities for the world to see, and why they think they're so much more "clever" and "smarter" than everyone else.

I cannot these kinds of people who make ignorant specticles of themselves, no way i can. Your right they have no dignity. But because some do, does not mean that every other gay person out there acts in this way, because honestly, they don't. The ones i do know would be appalued at these kinds of actions.
Why do some some straight act in this way, because they do, i have seen it plenty. Any one who acts in this kind of manner has no dignity, nevermind class.

Not true all gays think they are more clever and smarter then everyone else, that is your analogy. The Gay people i have been friends with for over twenty years, live a decent, hard working life, just like any of us. Don't make fools of themselves, and actually the ones i know, have a hek of a lot of friends. They are funny, humorus, and when it comes right down to it, some of my gay friends, i would take any day over my straight friends, because i know what their heart is all about, after twenty years, i would.

Old 07-23-2011, 11:36 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,004,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portyhead24 View Post
where i live too
Dallas is not some haven for gays. Anywhere gays are forced to form their own little community I don't call that being accepted by the rest of society.

Old 07-23-2011, 11:46 PM

4,009 posts, read 5,735,077 times
Quote:
It's behavior like this that does not endear anyone who is conservative to any gay cause.

Gay ‘barbarians’ storm Bachmann clinic demanding to be ‘disciplined’ (Video) – LGBTQ Nation

There's video on the link. It's funny and pathetic at the same time.

Why should anyone take seriously a group like this who uses guerrilla tactics to get their point across. Going into a private business to throw glitter around when they are denied access.

Private clinic, nobody twists anyone's arm to go there for treatment.
Tea Party...
because it just sounds nicer than
A Mob of Racist Homophobes.

Old 07-24-2011, 12:06 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,391,265 times
Quote:
When gays choose to attack Michelle Bachmann and her husband as they have on many threads around this forum I will post relevant news articles that expose their agenda.

Michelle Bachmann and her husband are the new "gay pariahs" getting the same negative press as Anita Bryant did in the late 1970's.
How about you expose the Bachmann's agenda?

Try finding out exactly how "valid" "Dr" Bachmann's claimed doctorate in clinical psychology is?

Try finding out what the majority of health professionals think of his "gay to straight" type "therapy"

Try finding out just how much government money they have received for their "therapy".

Old 07-24-2011, 12:09 AM

Quote:
I guess you don't socialize among your own or read the threads around this forum where heteros are called everything from breeders to right wingers.
The only time I've ever heard anyone call heterosexuals "breeders" on these forums, was by a few anti-gay heterosexuals themselves saying that marriage should be the domain of the breeders.

And what's wrong with calling someone a right-winger?

Are you saying that calling someone vile, perverted, child molestor etc is on a par with calling someone a right-winger? Hmmm

Old 07-24-2011, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
try some of these on for size. This is a political agenda that is bought and paid for by our tax dollars. It's an outrage, and parents need to direct how and what their children are taught in public school. They, the gays, are molding their next generation of voters. It is wrong to use children to promote an alternative lifestyle. All the studies show that kids do best in a normal mother/father setting. Mom teach girls how to act like ladies, and men teach boys how to be men. They are making parenting obselete, along with Congress. These are adult issues being forced upon vulnerable children. IT IS WRONG.

Homosexuals brainwashing our children in elementary schools
Overt Indoctrination of Children for Homosexual ‘Marriage’ by Gary Morella

While gay activists usually deny that they want to indoctrinate children, said Villarreal, “let’s face it—that’s a lie.” “We want educators to teach future generations of children to accept ***** sexuality. In fact, our very future depends on it,” he wrote.
Gay columnist: let’s face it, we want to indoctrinate children | LifeSiteNews.com
"All the studies" show that children do better with two parents in a low conflict relationship than one parent. The studies you refer to do not compare straight and gay parents. You are repeating pure propaganda from anti-gay websites which have a habit of misrepresenting studies to support their agenda.

However the studies of gay and lesbian parents show the children do just as well.

If you want to look at how some conservative religious groups would love to indoctrinate and brainwash children as well as teach them to be ignorant, just look at the "curriculum" for teaching children about "science" the Creationist way.

Homeschool Resources in Creation Science

Last edited by Ceist; 07-24-2011 at 01:21 AM..

Old 07-24-2011, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Thus says Dr. Jaymax.
Speaking of which...
Try doing some research on "Dr" Marcus Bachmann with his very suspect claim of having a Doctorate in clinical psychology from a "college" who didn't even offer a doctorate in clinical psychology at the time he supposedly attended.

Old 07-24-2011, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Her husband is gay. That is my post.
I think he is sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies