Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2011, 09:03 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,462,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I've thought that for a while. I guarantee many of the most vicious anti-gays are probably suppressing same-sex feelings.
You know that knife can cut both ways as gays complain about heteros who are conflicted. Gays can have sexual attraction toward the opposite sex but you'll never hear one of them admit it because that would place their sexual identity at odds with the "community" and you know how nasty the gay mafia can be. Already being insecure about how you're perceived in society, a gay who admits a sexual attraction for the opposite sex would surely be ostracized.

I wonder if those are the kinds of gays voluntarily going to Bachmann's clinic?

Old 07-23-2011, 09:06 AM

1,365 posts, read 2,610,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Maybe where you live they are...then again its California so that is to be expected.
where i live too

Old 07-23-2011, 09:06 AM

1,329 posts, read 832,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Being gay has almost become the "it" thing to be these days. Why, because Hollywood says so, so it must be true, right?
"Almost"? Being gay is not remotely "the in thing", despite the political advances that have been made on behalf of gay rights. Anybody who thinks being gay is privileged, betrays their ignorance.

Old 07-23-2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Things allowed to happen like this...proves we are living in a time where much and many..... are SICK and backwards.
I agree, any clinic that gives people the false belief that they can pray the gay away is sick and backwards.

Old 07-23-2011, 09:22 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
You know that knife can cut both ways as gays complain about heteros who are conflicted. Gays can have sexual attraction toward the opposite sex but you'll never hear one of them admit it because that would place their sexual identity at odds with the "community" and you know how nasty the gay mafia can be. Already being insecure about how you're perceived in society, a gay who admits a sexual attraction for the opposite sex would surely be ostracized.

I don't think it works as well the opposite way. Heterosexuality is not stigmatized, so gays would not be trying to suppress it to fit in with society. And I assure you, many gays have tried to be straight, or have had sex with the opposite sex, and no matter how hard they tried, could not change. Gays also don't tend to call heterosexuals demonic spawns, unnatural, disgusting, vile, child molesters, etc. like the anti-gay crowd does.

It's not a valid comparison.

Old 07-23-2011, 09:23 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times
Quote:
It's behavior like this that does not endear anyone who is conservative to any gay cause.

Gay ‘barbarians’ storm Bachmann clinic demanding to be ‘disciplined’ (Video) – LGBTQ Nation

There's video on the link. It's funny and pathetic at the same time.

Why should anyone take seriously a group like this who uses guerrilla tactics to get their point across. Going into a private business to throw glitter around when they are denied access.

Private clinic, nobody twists anyone's arm to go there for treatment.
The far left largely behaves badly. From union supporting flashmobs protesting Wal-Mart employment practices to gay protestors tresspassing at a private clinic, they think they are entitled to physically intrude, trespass upon private property, and disrupt the course of business.

Is the OP really surprised?

Old 07-23-2011, 09:25 AM

Quote:
You know that knife can cut both ways as gays complain about heteros who are conflicted. Gays can have sexual attraction toward the opposite sex but you'll never hear one of them admit it because that would place their sexual identity at odds with the "community" and you know how nasty the gay mafia can be.
hahaha you're definitely reaching here. I guarantee the knife don't cut that way.

Old 07-23-2011, 09:31 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,393,354 times
Quote:

If a "gay" person also has attractions to the opposite sex, then they are bisexual, not gay.

I don't know who or what the "gay mafia" are. Sounds like a term that an anti-gay person might make up.

Old 07-23-2011, 09:32 AM

4,027 posts, read 7,293,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
The far left largely behaves badly. From union supporting flashmobs protesting Wal-Mart employment practices to gay protestors tresspassing at a private clinic, they think they are entitled to physically intrude, trespass upon private property, and disrupt the course of business.

Is the OP really surprised?
No, it's usually the far right with people like you attacking everyone for their beliefs and then lying about what the far left does.

Old 07-23-2011, 10:05 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Inclination?

Alcoholism seems to have a genetic component, but being genetically predisposed to alcoholism doesn't make a non-drinker an alcoholic. Ultimately behavior defines the individual and behavior is always controllable on some level.

AA's first step is another fine example of this phenomenon.
\
Of course....your statement is simply correct. The behavior of these people is repulsive...disgusting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies