Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 12:03 AM

4,027 posts, read 7,289,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Does this forum ever remind you of the Landover Baptist Church parody forum?
Yes, far too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
This isn't a dating forum. Take your bidness elsewhere.
I wasn't talking about dating. Every post of yours misses the mark.

If you choose to be gay or straight, how can you know if you're not gay if you haven't had gay sex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
City Data has become a homosexual site.
Thank you for your insight. It was so deep and profound that I'm glad you posted the same thing in two threads.

Old 07-23-2011, 12:13 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I've met a handful of people who had undergone some attempted form of ex-gay reparative therapy. They all had been checked in by parents as teenagers.

None of them had yet to forgive his parents.

Cognitive dissonance takes us to some pretty weird places.

The "born gay" rationalization is one of those places.

Old 07-23-2011, 12:27 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Cognitive dissonance takes us to some pretty weird places.

The "born gay" rationalization is one of those places.
There's no reason to think it impossible that some portion of gay people have a genetic variation that indeed causes them to be born with that sexual inclination - just like you were born with yours. Homosexuality also exists in other animal species as well. Are they also deviant?

Old 07-23-2011, 12:34 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Would you or other religious conservatives also think the same way if we were talking about a private abortion clinic?
I'm not a religious conservative.

I don't have a problem with abortion clinics.

It's legal to have an abortion in the United States.

What the protesters did is wrong in my opinion and reinforces what some people think about gays.

Old 07-23-2011, 12:38 AM

Quote:
There's no reason to think it impossible that some portion of gay people have a genetic variation that indeed causes them to be born with that sexual inclination - just like you were born with yours. Homosexuality also exists in other animal species as well. Are they also deviant?

Inclination?

Alcoholism seems to have a genetic component, but being genetically predisposed to alcoholism doesn't make a non-drinker an alcoholic. Ultimately behavior defines the individual and behavior is always controllable on some level.

AA's first step is another fine example of this phenomenon.

Old 07-23-2011, 12:41 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
Quote:
There is no reason to debate the genetic basis for homosexuality, as of today there is no gay gene.

My question is are they correct to invade a private office and protest like childish 4 year olds?

It's irrational behavior.

Old 07-23-2011, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
lol... Dream on.

Every poll shows that Americans overall are becoming more accepting of gays as time goes on.

Is that before or after they changed "homosexual" to "gay" in the questions?

Let's see the numbers when homosexuality is the still the subject.

Old 07-23-2011, 12:57 AM

4,027 posts, read 7,289,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Is that before or after they changed "homosexual" to "gay" in the questions?

Let's see the numbers when homosexuality is the still the subject.
What does it matter? It doesn't.

Old 07-23-2011, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
Let's be honest -- merely existing is what does not endear people like you (I won't say "anyone who is conservative" because not all conservatives share your irrational obsessions) to any gay cause.

So Luckygem is wrong because you personally dislike him?

A bunch of homosexual losers show up for their fifteen minutes, toss some glitter around because they can't accept others have differing view points and Luckygem has an irrational obsession?

Old 07-23-2011, 01:00 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,980,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I take them more seriously than a group of kooks who thinks you can change somebody's sexuality by praying away the gay demons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies